mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Of Beer and Bikes, Springbrook style

I could stare at my monitor no more today. Surely there's a Pasque Flower coming up somewhere. I need to find one. Off to Springbrook.

I didn't find any. Too early. All the grass was still flattened down from the continuous snow cover from the past few months. A hint of green here and there but no Pasque.

Nice sights anyway. Over 60 degrees, cloudless Colorado blue sky. Springbrook was dry up "top" at the big meadow but looked muddy in "the usual suspects" areas, i.e., coming from the junction down over there and probably in the trees.

The only rider I saw today said "muddy spots and dry spots". He carried his bike mostly along one notorious area where it stays muddy for-freakin'-ever, went over past the meadow but turned around when he got to the trees. You take what you can get.

As I waited for him to either return or another rider come through, I felt like I was being watched. I turned around and saw this wildlife camera parked in the meadow. I was in front of it for so long I bet I was recorded. Along with the "cougars".
    Last edited by xcguy; 06-20-2012 at 04:58 AM.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

About that beer

I looked up and saw a plane passing through. What the heck, I snapped a pic of it...just as another one passed over it on another flight path. Looks like a mid-air collision...but isn't.

No more bikes to photograph so I looked around and got some more of the nice colors that I love about the Springbrook area. The only two deer I saw posed for me and didn't flinch.

I went by Superior Liquors on the way back just to pick up a sixer of Avery IPA. They had more sales going on than I ever remember. Oscar Blues Deviant was $10.99 a four pack, down from $11.99 the last time I was there. Guy at the store said what I see is what they got and he doesn't know when the next shipment is coming in so if you're jonesing for some Deviant you better hurry.

And Firestone was on sale as well. I picked up a sixer of Union Jack and, as a matter of fact, am tasting one as I type this. Pretty dam good. $8.99 (on sale today) is about as high as I go for a six pack so I took advantaqe.
    Last edited by xcguy; 06-20-2012 at 04:58 AM.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Mmmm... Union Jack...

mtbr member
    Might have to swing in and pick up some Union Jack. Thats a good price for a great IPA!
    "Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Nicely done.

I was thinking of you when I just picked up a 4 pack of 16 oz SN Torpedos.

It was my responsibility to organize our 'team-building' outing for the first quarter. That consisted of lunch at OB followed by a brew tour at the Tasty Weasel. Successful outing.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by stapes View Post
    Nicely done.

I was thinking of you when I just picked up a 4 pack of 16 oz SN Torpedos.

It was my responsibility to organize our 'team-building' outing for the first quarter. That consisted of lunch at OB followed by a brew tour at the Tasty Weasel. Successful outing.
    The four pack of 16 oz Torpedo (which I'd never seen before) was $5.99 there (another on sale). I still love my Torpedo. The Union Jack I just finished was really good. So many beers, so little money.

Brewery tours...ummmmmm. "Back in the day" I toured the Heinekin Brewery in Amsterdam. A "green bottle beer" never tasted so good.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    mmmmm.... beer... a G"knight is going down now.. hooray for the weekend!

mtbr member
    I rode out there today and it was wonderful.... MM to the Ditch over to Springbrook, but then I turned around because I knew it would be muddy. It was so nice being outside on the bike again.

Members who have read this thread: 0