Hairshirt Rider

Bean FeSSt Write Up

The Bean FeSSt went off on Sunday to chilly temps and a forecast of rain and snow. In spite of the grim skies and fear mongering by the Front Range weather persons, 17 riders, 3 children and a dog showed up for what turned out to be a great afternoon of riding on the Buffalo Creek trails. We rolled through half the ride before the skies opened up on us. I recall hearing at one point the temp had dropped to 39 degrees.

As good as the riding was, the post-ride feasting beneath a shanty town of tarps made the day. Plenty of home-made mexican food. I was particulary fond of the home brew served by jja, and the chicken grilled up by IttyBityBetty and ssperl. As you should expect, the company was outstanding. Thanks to everyone for showing up and riding with me. Kristen, sorry you weren't able to ride, but I know Rebecca enjoyed the company. Next year we'll have to get you both on the trail with us. Also want to thank the Alpha Bicycle Company in Centennial for raffling off the On One SS frame. PattD should be posting up later today with the winner.

Here's a few of my shots from the ride.

1) Group Shot
    2) Brew Master jja
    3) Hans - fresh enough to wheelie at the top of the climb
    4) Mateomtb
    5) edemtbs
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Loudpawlz; 10-10-2005 at 09:23 AM.

Hairshirt Rider
    And a few more

1)DWJ
    2)Jenamin
    3)ssperl
    4)IttyBittyBetty
    5)Nipp & ??

mtbr member
    Most excellent ride and thanks for the pics.

<bold>Public Service Anouncement:</bold>
    Said dog mentioned above (goes by the name of Jack) has used the winter storm as a smoke screen to mask his escape. If anyone sees a yellow lab in the S. Aurora/N. Parker area please let me know. He has made it as far as Greely on his own so if you see one anywhere I would appreciate a call. Unfortunately his tags are sitting on the table as they recently fell off his collar so we are at a loss.

~Now back to your regularly scheduled trip report~

Not just famous; infamous
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontRanger
    <bold>Public Service Anouncement:</bold>
    Said dog mentioned above (goes by the name of Jack) has used the winter storm as a smoke screen to mask his escape. If anyone sees a yellow lab in the S. Aurora/N. Parker area please let me know.
    ~Now back to your regularly scheduled trip report~
    That sucks I'll keep an eye out and letcha know if I see him.

Oh yeah, nice pix, wish I coulda made it. Looks like Alpha Bike's under new mgmt?? Guess I'll have to check it out, since I live right down the street

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I am so sad about your dog! I asume you will be checking the local animal shelters. I hope he turns up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IttyBittyBetty
    I am so sad about your dog! I asume you will be checking the local animal shelters. I hope he turns up.
    We will definitely be checking the shelters throughout the day. Jacks only downside is his tendency to follow his nose and take off every chance he gets. This is the only time he has gotten away without his tags so we are definitely more concerned. Thank you guys for the kind thoughts.........

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    looks like a d@mn fine ride time was had! wish i'd have made it, but it was a work weekend for me. payment for 6 days the previous week spent out in moab.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks to Loudpawls and to all who came out and made it the blast that it was. It was great riding with and meeting everyone. I doubt that I could have had a better cold, wet and grey day anywhere, period! Looking forward to next year for sure.
    sorry to hear about the pup-dog, hopefully he's just out on a temporary adventure and will turn up soon.
    jon.

jeny jo

ohYeah

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that was fun. Thanks for the wonderful ride, and all the wonderful inspiration. I feel lucky to have met you all!

Can we do it again? Soon?

Jeny

Excellent Loud! I'll post up some pics when I get home tonight.

FrontRanger - that really sucks. Maybe Jack's looking for me? He sure seemed to want to hang out a little longer after I met him. I hope he's found, safe and sound.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by edemtbs
    Excellent Loud! I'll post up some pics when I get home tonight.

FrontRanger - that really sucks. Maybe Jack's looking for me? He sure seemed to want to hang out a little longer after I met him. I hope he's found, safe and sound.
    yes he kept calling out your name in his sleep last night. Must have gone looking for you. haha
    Didn't mean to hijack the thread but thanks again for the well wishes, everyone. Kristen is out looking for him now as she is at home with a sick Aidan while I am at the office. Yes, when it rains it pours.

Tribe Member
    Frontranger,
    Will keep an eye out for him. I had to split to take care of my two dogs yesterday. Sorry I missed the food, but did leave the tortillas for everyone to enjoy....

good luck with the hound search

Rich
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

Ok...some more

Be sure to check out Mateo's pics on the previous Bean FeSSt link. They are outstanding.

I have a few. Guess I'll post some bikes and just a couple of actions.

I had a great time everyone. What is it about ss'ing and that seductive line called singletrack? It captures me everytime.

Looking forward to next time we meet.

Ed E

1) That's a grimace/grin.
    2) That's a grin!!
    3) Another grinner.
    4) Evil grin.
    5) The reason for all those grins!
    Last edited by edemtbs; 10-10-2005 at 07:13 PM. Reason: doh!

Title...

1) Oh yeah, they cleared it. What about you?
    2) Evil guy. Figures he rides a Redline.
    3) 29'er. Is there any other way to surf singletrack?
    4) SS - I believe there were two Redlines there yesterday
    5) Oh that modified Trek w/ the crushed bottle on the back.

Where did I leave off?

Oh! Here...

1) Kona chillin'
    2) That's right, this is MY Santa Cruz!!
    3) Snow Queen
    4) Spot on.
    5) Chase...yeah, you chase her! Good luck catchin' her.

Members who have read this thread: 0