drinks from the fountain

Arghh blow me down!

Ok so it was 55 here in the land of love. Shorts on DEC 2 . So perfect day for a ride while the little one is at preschool. Well..... it started out kinda windy then became @#$^& WINDY! I actually got blown over on the west side of heart attack hill.(Devils Backbone)OUCH!!!! no chance to even unclip.

Anyone else been blown over with no chance of saving it?
    pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

slow
    Got blown over x 2 a couple of years ago on Maxwell, and once on the back side of the ridge on Ginny at Bobcat last March. Wind wasn't too bad on Maxwell and Shoreline today.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I got blown up and over 5 feet to the right up on Amasa Back once. Steady 30-40 mph winds meant leaning over to the left at a 45, then a (who knows, 90 mph) gust picks me up and lands me over to the right on top of a sharp boulder. I turned around at that point. Got blown over again on the way down and jammed a finger, thought I'd broken it. What a ride.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

drinks from the fountain
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    What a ride.
    Yeah! Its like blasting down a fast section and all of the sudden you are on your head.
    In the gust today there was no chance of saving it. Up one second in the cactus the next.
    But the ride was fun anyway!
    pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Now with 10% more!
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak
    Got blown over x 2 a couple of years ago on Maxwell, and once on the back side of the ridge on Ginny at Bobcat last March. Wind wasn't too bad on Maxwell and Shoreline today.
    Recently bought a Heckler and my first ride on it ( and full suspension) was a few weeks ago on a very windy day. Started going up maxwell (north) and it was an absolute grind. I was swearing off full suspension as the most inefficient thing ever created. Went through that little rock garden where the trail turns to the south on the way up, and had the strange sensation of being pushed (blown) uphill without pedaling. Was very relieved it wasn't the bikes fault

hehe ...you said "member"
    Holy cr@p - actually blown over
    I guess there are times when it pays to weigh 245 on a bike. I've been swayed by big gusts, but never anything close to being actually blown over.
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

Members who have read this thread: 0