eci

Anyone feel like building today?

Leaving the lakewood area at noon to go build some stuff on my land. Sorry for the late notice was going to go boarding but its supposed to be snowy there so im gonna build me some new toys

mtbr member
    Damn. Wish I could. Can't wait to check it out. Keep posting here and I'll be able to do it at some time. I'm pretty busy for the next month or two.

locked - time out
    Does this mean that you'll be around to check out that A-frame sometime before 5?

eci
    Yeah, ill be up there pretty much from 1-6 im going to cut down alot o trees today and start cutting them into smaller sections

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    Yeah, ill be up there pretty much from 1-6 im going to cut down alot o trees today and start cutting them into smaller sections
    Sweet, I'll probably be by around 2, I won't be able to help out too much on the construction though as my mom will ground me for weeks if I soil my good dress clothes - but we can still take a look at the A-frame. This will work out much better since we will still have plenty of light.

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    Sweet, I'll probably be by around 2, I won't be able to help out too much on the construction though as my mom will ground me for weeks if I soil my good dress clothes - but we can still take a look at the A-frame. This will work out much better since we will still have plenty of light.
    cool thanks josh

mtbr member

well?

How does it look? You think that your genious building mind can build all of this stuff Josh? Looking forward to an amazing spring/summer!!

Still on Training Wheels!
    I'm definetly up for that friday 11th build day. Just let me know when and where and I'll be there.
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.

Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Blue
    How does it look? You think that your genious building mind can build all of this stuff Josh? Looking forward to an amazing spring/summer!!

Well, it looks like it could be at least a month or two - everything has about 6" of snow on it still. I don't think that building any of it should be a problem - Todd showed me a new line that he would like to put in today, it has the potential to be pretty sweet, fairly fast and winding with a decent (considering the run in and runout) gap - 12' over an existing bridge - at the end. Now, if we could figure out a way to negotiate a loop like John Cowan's while keeping the entire structure less than 5'11" tall - I'm thinking a 12" wheelset, some drop bars, and some really tall gearing perhaps?

mtbr member

5'11"

does everything on the land have to be at or below this level? If so that throws a big friggin wrench in the picture. We can probably build on the stuff and ride it for the spring / summer untill the house is built and the insurance needs to be handled, then drop everything to this magic number.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Blue
    does everything on the land have to be at or below this level? If so that throws a big friggin wrench in the picture. We can probably build on the stuff and ride it for the spring / summer untill the house is built and the insurance needs to be handled, then drop everything to this magic number.
    Man I dunno about the height limit being a huge deal. We could always rent a bobcat and start making subterrain things so that the height is still there but they're in the ground. Of course it'd be a lot more ambitious and is possible with lots of folks and shovels, and we'd have to think of ways to drain them out so they didnt get flooded or anything...
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

eci
    if i build anything fence like it has to be 5'11" or smaller. Bridges and stuff is ok, so a bermed bridge or wall ride has to stay below 6 feet. We are def building on fri the 11th also on thurs the 10th im gonna head up and cut out another 20 trees or so. That way we have enough supplies to start the new section. As Josh saw today i cut out a sh!tload of trees for the new section. gonna be pretty sweet