Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,206

    Anybody know Lee (Lee McCormick or Mac)

    I just finished studying you might say, the book he wrote with Brian Lopes
    very useful and well-written, actually.

    Now I just need to go out and practice all the techniques, which you cant really do so much on group rides

    (that's one of the things I do like about riding by myself - you can pratice a corner or a tricky technical section or whatever a zillion times without hearing "comon comon"

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    I just finished studying you might say, the book he wrote with Brian Lopes
    very useful and well-written, actually.

    Now I just need to go out and practice all the techniques, which you cant really do so much on group rides

    (that's one of the things I do like about riding by myself - you can pratice a corner or a tricky technical section or whatever a zillion times without hearing "comon comon"
    I've met Lee, he's a nice guy. I should get his book; I've heard good things about it. You're very right about riding alone, I've been getting out by myself once in a while and working on some things, cornering is one of the most important skills you can work on!

  3. #3
    Out Of Control
    Reputation: jrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeandski
    I've met Lee, he's a nice guy. I should get his book; I've heard good things about it. You're very right about riding alone, I've been getting out by myself once in a while and working on some things, cornering is one of the most important skills you can work on!
    Book is definately worth the money. I'm about 3/4 through it and can't seem to put it down. Another good one to pick up is the Fundamentals dvd at Mojo Wheels!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by jrok
    Book is definately worth the money. I'm about 3/4 through it and can't seem to put it down. Another good one to pick up is the Fundamentals dvd at Mojo Wheels!
    I like you're style!

  5. #5
    Are your pants fresh?
    Reputation: Freshpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    135

    That book...

    I love that book. Mastering Mountain Bike Skills. I was lucky enough to get one of the autographed copies (and some free stuff too!). It's a great book, and it's good to see cornering techiniques, etc. broken down into sections.

    Yeah, pair that with Fundamentals and you'll have plenty to work on, competitive or not.

    FP

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.