a dad
    Jan 2004

any dakota ridge updates??

just seeing if its dry.. or mostly..
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

'Mostly'

Rode it on Saturday. Most of it was dry; the rest was hard packed snow/ice. And boy was it it windy.

Hit it when it's still frozen for a great ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Quick pic

Of course the picture doesn't help with any trail conditions but it does help remind me that I had more fun Saturday (riding) than today (working).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heathen
    You shouldn't need a pic to tell you that. Work almost always sucks..riding seldom does.

mtbr member
    It was perfect yesterday. Hardly any muddy spots. Don't do Mathew Winters, it was a muddy mess.

Erik

mtbr member
    Rode it today, it was beautiful! i started out with all my cold weather stuff on, and 1/4 mile into the trail was down to just shorts and a short sleeve jersey. There were a few packed snowy spots and a little mud, but i'd say about 75% completely dry, the downhills on the south-side were perfect! Mathew Winters Park on the other hand was a mudpit.

http://www.jzsworld.com/PS_Photos.as...4-2b633565951e
    Last edited by raceface9465; 12-29-2008 at 04:10 PM.

mtbr member

Apex

Did not have the bike today...but went for a lunch run at Apex...

Snowy (mostly packed...few wet spots) from entering the trees to the rock ramp at the intersection of Apex/Pick & Sledge...from there I ran up Pick and Sledge to the trail junction sign with Grubstake and it was in great shape except a couple muddy spots and the N/NE stuff was packed with snow...

With 40's and windy in the forecast for the coming days...let's hope for some continued melting/drying...cheers all!

Armchair Sasquatcheror

Yesterday

Dakota Ridge is in great shape, Matt Winters was also, except for some clay mud before the new bridge near the north lot. I would recommend not riding that section. Otherwise had a great ride yesterday, short sleeve shirt and shorts and was comfy the whole time. I am glad I got one in before the wind picked up.
    "Put the Fun Between Your Legs."

mtbr member
    May 2005

rode..

it yesterday around 3pm. I would say it's definitely "ridable". Dakota was awesome but sloppy at the stairs (where i walk anyways). The fast decent down Dakota to the road was perfect.

i was suprised that 80% of matthew winters was rideable but the dirt was alittle slow. the ONLY $hitty part was the very last portion before the bridge (about 200 yards). it was pretty muddy. all in all.. i said it was totally worth it and it should only get better in the next few days or today.

ps.. it doesn't mean some trail hippies won't give you the stink eye for riding some wet parts but my bike wasn't super muddy when i was done.

P"

Members who have read this thread: 0