mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Is this the alleged Spring Brook Trail?

I got in a loop today starting at the trailhead on Eldorado Springs Road (Dowdy Trailhead?). A sign as I started sort of led me to believe Spring Brook was open, signs to follow. Alas, it was not to be. Can someone tell me if my pics from up on Dowdy and up from Community Ditch actually shows this future trail? And if any of the MMAD crew lost a blue jacket you can see where it is hanging.
    Last edited by xcguy; 06-20-2012 at 05:03 AM.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

mtbr member

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Can someone tell me if my pics from up on Dowdy and up from Community Ditch actually shows this future trail? .
    That's it.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Rolling
    I was wondering when xcguy would show up licking his chops over this.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    I was wondering when xcguy would show up licking his chops over this.
    I saw your excellent thread about this trail but I wasn't sure that the trail I saw across from Dowdy was the same one you talked about. In fact, if you look across from Dowdy there's a whole lot of what look to be trails. I took some time on top of Dowdy before it continued on top of that mesa up there and looked over to the left, looked center, looked right and it's amazing how many cuts there are over on that slope.

Now that I look at the map I see that it is a lollipop and all this time I thought it was a loop with a different entrance and exit, connecting with some other trail to go up and around...to somewhere.

And salivating...yes. I need all the "easy" trail I can get these days. The closer to my house the better, even if gas is $1.60.

Rolling

You have it right here.

This is the connector from Doudy draw. You ride a few hundred yards on this trail, to the loop (upper right in your photo) and pick a direction.

skillz to pay billz
    At this point, they need to open up eldo canyon so I can commute all this. it would be a killer downhill. then the ned bus shuttle home.

vote yes here
    http://www.aceeldo.org/fhrc/showComm...Walker%20Ranch

I have no idea how old this survey is, any one have any info on a walker connector?
    Last edited by nOOby; 11-27-2008 at 08:16 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    You can see in these pics a lower "trail" that seems to go towards possibly some unnamed road to the south and what I guess is Spring Brook at the top of the pic. That lower "trail" is the one we see blocked off at the intersection of the new Doudy section and what is the now closed section of Doudy going north.

You can also see in this map how not even Boulder County can keep the spelling straight of Doudy. Or is it Dowdy? My preference is always for multiple ways riders/hikers can get on and off a trail. That's why I like Walker Ranch and don't really care for White Ranch, at least if you're starting at the bottom of White Ranch. Hall/Picture Rock, pretty much one congested way in, one congested way out (yes I know about Antelope).

Why not loop that "trail" in the first pic up and over to Spring Brook to create a series of loops? Actually, I'm grateful for any added trails, just wondering.
    Last edited by xcguy; 06-20-2012 at 05:03 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0