mtbr member
    Apr 2004

70 degrees outside

In case none of you have noticed, it's currently 70 degrees. That's Springtime temps. Snows a'melting, trails are drying out. I'm not wearing a coat. All good.

On another note, I was at Total Bev at 92nd and Sheridan today buying (what else) a 12 pack of Torpedo and they have Deviant there for $13.99 not-sale price. Just so you know.

I'm talking with a guy as we both gaze at all the selections. I have an irresistable need to tell folks about Torpedo so I say "so many beers, so little money". He chuckles. I say "you like IPAs". He says "oh yeah". I say "you ever tried Torpedo?" He nods vaguely. I say "that's my go-to IPA, glad it's still on sale ($12.99 a twelve pack)". He's standing right in front of it.

He smiles, nods, moves over a couple of feet and grabs a Maple Nut Brown Ale and bids me adieu. Likes IPA and drinks Brown Ale? I've never had a Brown Ale I could finish. And so it goes.

Shameless summertime pic of Green Mountain:
    Last edited by xcguy; 06-20-2012 at 04:58 AM.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

mtbr member
    Beautiful photo. I'm stoked. Spring is on its way and I am recovering from ankle surgery. I'm currently doing some road rides on relatively flat routes. Xcguy are you riding anymore? I seem to recall you were taking a hiatus due to a crash or something.

Thread Terrorist
    67 degrees is better for DH.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsnotfour View Post
    Beautiful photo. I'm stoked. Spring is on its way and I am recovering from ankle surgery. I'm currently doing some road rides on relatively flat routes. Xcguy are you riding anymore? I seem to recall you were taking a hiatus due to a crash or something.
    Easy stuff around the 'hood. Got a bike on a trainer, too. I think I might have lost my nerve for even the simplist single track, although I haven't tested that yet. My last crash was a doozy, took the wind completely out of my mtb sails. It was years of getting hurt, coming back, getting hurt again, coming back, getting hurt once again...re-thinking the whole "getting hurt" scenario. Good luck on your own recovery.

mtbr member
    I'm going to have to be cautious myself. The last couple years were messed up due to my ankle. The last thing I want to do is go through that again. If you're into scrambling up fourteeners and thirteeners I want to do more of that this year and getting a group together could be cool.

mtbr member
    Drink Colorado brews!

Rolling
    I didn't notice. ...Too bad it's not as green as your photo.

It's still winter officially haven't you checked?

Oh wait, I forgot the

In the past six days, I logged six hours of bike patrol and have seen record numbers of people on the trails.

I'm almost annoyed by the number of people out on the trails during my commute. Seems like every single person in Boulder is out when I ride to work. I guess I'm used to the cold when everyone else is hibernating.
    Last edited by lidarman; 03-14-2012 at 08:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsnotfour View Post
    I'm going to have to be cautious myself. The last couple years were messed up due to my ankle. The last thing I want to do is go through that again. If you're into scrambling up fourteeners and thirteeners I want to do more of that this year and getting a group together could be cool.
    I bagged 38 14ers when I had knees. My last one was on a weekend when I did three of them, headed to CB and did all the tough rides. All in a four day stretch. The following Friday I had my first knee surgery. That was it for 14ers. It's the coming down that was the problem.

One of my favorite "less than 14er" hike is up Byers Peak outside Fraser. Beautiful area, you get above timberline (12,800) but you don't have that extra 1,200+ of ascending and descending. I call it a "beginner's 14er".

Image Verification

simple
    I think I get years older just reading this thread....

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Meh.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    In case none of you have noticed, it's currently 70 degrees. That's Springtime temps. Snows a'melting, trails are drying out. I'm not wearing a coat. All good.

On another note, I was at Total Bev at 92nd and Sheridan today buying (what else) a 12 pack of Torpedo and they have Deviant there for $13.99 not-sale price. Just so you know.

I'm talking with a guy as we both gaze at all the selections. I have an irresistable need to tell folks about Torpedo so I say "so many beers, so little money". He chuckles. I say "you like IPAs". He says "oh yeah". I say "you ever tried Torpedo?" He nods vaguely. I say "that's my go-to IPA, glad it's still on sale ($12.99 a twelve pack)". He's standing right in front of it.

He smiles, nods, moves over a couple of feet and grabs a Maple Nut Brown Ale and bids me adieu. Likes IPA and drinks Brown Ale? I've never had a Brown Ale I could finish. And so it goes.

Shameless summertime pic of Green Mountain:
    I like IPAs and I drink brown ales. And stouts. And porters. And German lagers. I brew all those too.

Whether it is watered down American lager beer, or IPA... I would much rather have variety. I get bored of "who has the hoppiest beer in the galaxy?"

I do like Torpedo. Is that named after the method of infusing hops, during boil? I think so.

I also won't buy Devian't Dale's for $14 nor $12 a 4 pack. I'll get one when I am at the brewery, where you don't feel so bad spending an extra buck on a pint, when you are already getting ripped off by bar prices.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Why do you care what beer some dude you don't even know drinks? Torpedo isn't the only beer out there, and IPA's are not the only beer style that people drink.

Get out on your bike and stop worrying about the beer selection habits of strangers.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bipolarbear View Post
    Why do you care what beer some dude you don't even know drinks? Torpedo isn't the only beer out there, and IPA's are not the only beer style that people drink.

Get out on your bike and stop worrying about the beer selection habits of strangers.
    You spent more time typing out your reply than I did thinking about it in the store.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    But you spent more time posting about it than I did so it must have affected you deeply.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bipolarbear View Post
    But you spent more time posting about it than I did so it must have affected you deeply.
    I type fast!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Easy stuff around the 'hood. Got a bike on a trainer, too. I think I might have lost my nerve for even the simplist single track, although I haven't tested that yet. My last crash was a doozy, took the wind completely out of my mtb sails. It was years of getting hurt, coming back, getting hurt again, coming back, getting hurt once again...re-thinking the whole "getting hurt" scenario. Good luck on your own recovery.
    You could ride with me, no chance of getting hurt. I ride slower than most people walk.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I rode my single speed today and Tuesday and will be riding again tomorrow then brewing a Rye Pale Ale this weekend, somebody shifted time by 3 months, in late April we will get hammered by a blizzard.
    Colorado Springs, CO

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by rideithard View Post
    <snip> in late April we will get hammered by a blizzard.
    FSM-willing we will!

banned
    this thread, from tha lulz from a FAIL,

to just tha FAIL

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by brokefork View Post
    You could ride with me, no chance of getting hurt. I ride slower than most people walk.
    I was in a pretty bad car wreck in my 20s. I couldn't drive for a year. I'd start shaking behind the wheel. When I did begin driving again it was really weird. Now, no problem.

It gave me a chance to only ride my bike to work etc. A Schwinn 10 speed. I disassembled the bike that threw me last crash. I'd just dialed it in, new Elixirs and cables...and it threw me face first onto a hardpacked trail. I first had to get my arm out of a sling then be able to use it. That bike sat in my bedroom, not a scratch on it, for months.

The whole time I was taking it apart to sell it as parts I kept muttering "**** you, man, **** you".

simple
    Recovery Issues
    In all seriousness medical marijuana could work great for you. Certain strains can really help with those fears..

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    This thread begs the question- "What's the perfect temperature for the Front Range"

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    [QUOTE=69erSycip;9104012]In all seriousness medical marijuana could work great for you. Certain strains can really help with those fears.. [/QUOTE

Just one question, is that your girlfriend under you ID? If you ever break up with her, could you let me know?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 69erSycip View Post
    In all seriousness medical marijuana could work great for you. Certain strains can really help with those fears..
    Who needs medical ganja when we have Tool?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RhaZjQFazgc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jR00hQVSgqg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by xcguy; 03-15-2012 at 04:40 PM.

banned

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny boy View Post

I also won't buy Devian't Dale's for $14 nor $12 a 4 pack. I'll get one when I am at the brewery, where you don't feel so bad spending an extra buck on a pint, when you are already getting ripped off by bar prices.
    Word (the f---!) up! Give me a decent price on regalar* Dales in a TB.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

Members who have read this thread: 0