contains quinine

390 of 414 Comments...

From Boa Newsletter:

"Heil/Hall Connection Update

Last Thursday evening County staff presented the Heil connections options to the Parks and Open Space Advisory Committee (POSAC). It was essentially the same presentation that was given to the public on July 28 in Lyons. This was the last time Staff was taking comments on the trail options and they provided a synopsis of the feedback they received from the public.

414 responses were received from the public, of those, 390 responses were directly generated by our BOA Action Alert! We are certain they got the message! For those of you that responded and forwarded the Action Alert to your friends, pat yourselves on the back for a job very well done! This is EXACTLY how we get things done.

Staff will now go behind closed doors and come up with recommendations. POSAC was generally supportive of creating a second loop on Heil, so the likelihood of a good result is definitely there. We are optimistic that staff will take our input and use it to form a plan.

It could go two ways; we get the second loop and we stand up and support the plan, or they don’t and we collectively turn up the heat to another level. It would be preferable and refreshing to be supporting the plan instead of fighting it, and that’s the approach we are taking until we are shown otherwise."

I'd like to take a second to say thanks to BOA for organizing us riding folks, and to those of you out there who sent the Open Space folks some constructive thoughts about what we can do in this area to make riding even better!

Thanks all!
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Card Carrying Member
    looks like some new trail in my neck of the woods too... Suppose I'll have to try and help out.

BOA/OSMP Trail Work Day September 17

Remember the Visitor Master Plan (VMP)? That document explicitly directed staff to engage volunteer groups like BOA to increase volunteerism and stewardship.

Heres the first dividend toward that directive; we are working with OSMP to construct a mile of new multiple use trail in the Marshall Mesa area. Save September 17th for our first major trail work event with the City since 1998!

This trail will provide a link from the Marshall Mesa area to 66th Street. It's the first step in a major new single-track riding loop.

We're looking for 100 volunteers to jump-start a new trail building relationship with the city. Food, beverages, and swag including a t-shirt made for this event will be provided. Come join the fun!

Registration is required. Sign up at the OSMP website at http://www.ci.boulder.co.us/openspac...htm#boaproject

Date & Time: September 17, 8:30 AM

mtbr member
    That's great news, now they know we want/need more trails around Boulder. I am anxious to see the results!

mtbr member
    I too, am "anxious to see the results." I still fear that the powers that be will overlook the overwhelming fact that bikers are here to stay, growing in numbers and getting those numbers more organized. Wait and see.....
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

No Titus anymore...
    [QUOTE=kitchenware]looks like some new trail in my neck of the woods too... Suppose I'll have to try and help out.

Yeah, I haven't done a trail day this year, I thnk I'll do that one on Marshall Mesa.
    Ride on, rider. Ride on.