303 Trail Chatter - Trail stats and stuff.- Mtbr.com
    Trail Bomber
    Sep 2013

303 Trail Chatter - Trail stats and stuff.

It's come to my attention that we may need a FB group thats a little less censored, controlled, and generally devoid of any fun. So if you want to help update trail conditions or talk bikes and beer... Join this.https://m.facebook.com/groups/600973356744701/
    2020 Commencal Meta AM 29 Custom
    2019 Knolly Fugitive LT
    2016 Specialized Fuse
    2020 Rocky Mountain Solo

mtbr member
    Is this going to be like the other Facebook group where we get up to the minute green Mtn conditions and people riding 20 miles of a trail then telling others that it needs time? If so, count me in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    So we don't need a minimum number of muddy tire track through puddle pictures? Suppose I'll give it a go.

As for FR trail conditions, I feel like there is too much splintering. We have 303 trail monitor, MTBR buff creek...I mean the CO-FR conditions thread and now golden bike shop is hosting MTBproject's trail condition ratings. I think that of the 3, MTBproject is where we should focus our efforts since its just a red/yellow/green report based on a rolling vote average. Super clean cause there is no room for editorials.

As for the trail chatter group, it has its place because we need to know the correct post ride beer to drink.

Trail Bomber
    Sep 2013
    Yes and yes. I never ride green mountain and nor do I care about its state.
    2019 Knolly Fugitive LT
    2016 Specialized Fuse
    2020 Rocky Mountain Solo

Free your heel...
    Pro-trail shaming is so "in" right now. Plus, who doesn't like blaming horses and hikers for every moved rock on Dakota Ridge?

mtbr member
    May 2015
    PLOT TWIST....The Facebook page is actually owned by a hiker advocacy group and is being used to collect amunition for the anti-mountain bike crowd

Trail Bomber
    Sep 2013
    Im the owner... So nop
    2019 Knolly Fugitive LT
    2016 Specialized Fuse
    2020 Rocky Mountain Solo

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    It appears that the 303 Trail Chatter Facebook page is only available to Facebook members. Any chance you are going to open it up to everyone, not just Facebook members?

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Singletrackd View Post
    PLOT TWIST....The Facebook page is actually owned by a hiker advocacy group and is being used to collect amunition for the anti-mountain bike crowd
    Well, that's not difficult.

650b me
    Sorry, but we need this like a hole in the head.

Trail Bomber
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by golden boy View Post
    No one twisted your arm to participate.
    2019 Knolly Fugitive LT
    2016 Specialized Fuse
    2020 Rocky Mountain Solo

Agent of tang
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by golden boy View Post
    Maybe not, but it's a natural and expected thing when people get overly moderated.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by teethandnails View Post
    Sorry, but we need this like a hole in the head. No one twisted your arm to participate.
    Wait I think you got it all mixed up. ..a hole in the head is a great thing. Look at dolphins they are one of the most advanced species on the planet and they do fine with that hole on their head. And mr teeth and nails, I think this is just the type of responses you get when you try and self promote on public forms, next time I think you gotta have a little more tact.

Trail Bomber
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Singletrackd View Post
    Wait I think you got it all mixed up. ..a hole in the head is a great thing. Look at dolphins they are one of the most advanced species on the planet and they do fine with that hole on their head. And mr teeth and nails, I think this is just the type of responses you get when you try and self promote on public forms, next time I think you gotta have a little more tact.
    It's the Free World people are entitled to their opinions. Not going to be everybody's cup of tea but I thought I'd put it out there
    2019 Knolly Fugitive LT
    2016 Specialized Fuse
    2020 Rocky Mountain Solo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hopsalot View Post
    Pro-trail shaming is so "in" right now. Plus, who doesn't like blaming horses and hikers for every moved rock on Dakota Ridge?
    Horses move the rocks at DR? There was a baby head, more like an adult head, at the bottom of Slot Machine at BC last Sunday, making a big dent on the downtube of my new Ti frame. It must be horses too. I'm so mad.

friend of Apex
    I've been looking for a place to rate the radness of the new sh1tters at Apex.
    BAM!

(4 stars, by the way)
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    May 2012
    +1 for using MTB Project

mtbr member
    The thing about mtbproject is there is no feedback. No 'hey thanks' and you don't even know if people checked it out. That's very unmotivating and I think that's why it gets updated so little. But it's great if it works and I just updated where I rode.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    good point muddy, we've all become accustomed to being 'liked' in our lives. MTB project is super responsive to feedback...hit em up...https://www.mtbproject.com/forum/list.php?4

Awesomist™
    I'm a fan of MTB Project, and I'm hopeful they'll make the conditions reporting a more intuitive feature in future versions of the app. My $.02 is that people don't use it not because of feedback, but because it's just not easy to use and nearly non-existent on the app.

I don't really use Trailforks for anything but there is a dedicated conditions app that seems to be getting some traction over there:
    White Ranch Park Trail Report History | Trailforks
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Damn Daniel, that white ranch report is noice!

Another idea that will definitely not happen...trail conditions on Strava. After you're done strava-ing, it prompts you for trail conditions. Could work because it knows what trails you've just ridden and user numbers are very high.

But as nice as Strava's UX is, I dont ever see this feature coming (we still dont have elevation LOST)

Good to see some 'private sector' competing for the trail conditions space (and mapping), with Trail Forks and MTBProj. Good times can only get better from here. (Roam MTB app has a lot of potential too)

Oh, and Hello Full Trucker!

ride
    Boulder Mountain Bike Alliance has a really good app called SmartTrail. Covers about everything in Boulder County. Updateable trail conditions, maps, descriptions, etc
    Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dubstings View Post
    good point muddy, we've all become accustomed to being 'liked' in our lives. MTB project is super responsive to feedback...hit em up...https://www.mtbproject.com/forum/list.php?4
    Nah, I like to anonymously complain and be unconstructive
    Seriously though, I don't participate in it much in general because it requires a Facebook account. I don't get along with Facebook. But it seems that's already discussed as well.

mtbr member
    MTBproject = trail maps and pics of those trails

Local Boards = trail conditions, rants, raves, and all types of ill sh*t

a. There cannot be 1 local board agreed upon for trail conditions feedback as the internet inherently allows for individual choice
    b. Users need to use their own judgement as to which board, posts, and subscribers on those boards are accurate and helpful

I advocate that we all continue to share opinions on different means for gathering trail conditions so we have the ability to cross check anecdotal data. The resources with the most up to date and accurate information will emerge naturally.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR View Post
    I've been looking for a place to rate the radness of the new sh1tters at Apex.
    BAM!

(4 stars, by the way)
    I wish i had another set of hands so I could give them 4 thumbs up. On par with Deer Creek's sh1tters. Well done Jeff Co.
    If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rmalling View Post
    There cannot be 1 local board agreed upon for trail conditions feedback
    The resources with the most up to date and accurate information will emerge naturally.
    soooo...one local board but only after a bunch of hassle?