mtbr member

2009 Leadville Winter Mountain Bike Series

The Cloud City Wheelers are pleased to announce this year's Leadville Winter Mountain Bike Race Series!

*New this year!

*New race at North America's Highest golf course: Mt. Massive Golf Course.

*New Series Championship; best combined results from any 3 races wins a Surly Karate Monkey Frame!

*New Sponsor: Dale's Pale Ale!

*Sign up for three or more races and get a pair of Limited Edition Winter Series Socks from SOS

Here's the schedule!

-Jan. 17th The East Side Epic: A tour of Leadville's Historic Mining District / 8am Register/Check In @ Cycles of Life, 504 Harrison Ave Race starts @ 10am

-Feb. 7th Tennessee Pass Night Jam: Bring your lights to Tennessee Pass Nordic Center for a fast race through the trees at Ski Cooper / 5pm Register/Check In @ Tennessee Pass Nordic Center, Race starts @ 7pm

-Feb. 21st Golf Course Chaos: A unique 2 person relay race on a fast course with unbelievable views / 8am Register/Check In @ Mt. Massive Golf Course Race starts @ 10am

-March 8th Mineral Belt Mayhem : A 12 mile loop on Leadville's Beautiful Mineral Belt Trail: 7am Register/Check In @ Cycles of Life, 504 Harrison Ave. @ 504 Harrison Ave. Race starts @ 9am

-March 28th Tennessee Pass Spring Fling: Powder, slush, hard pack, Who cares? Lets Race! / 2pm Register/Check In @ Tennessee Pass Nordic Center, Race starts @ 4pm

All race registrations will be day of. For more info and to sign up for a newsletter please go to http://www.cloudcitywheelers.org/

The Leadville Winter Mountain Bike Series is put on by the Cloud City Wheelers; a local bicycle advocacy group. All proceeds from the series will go towards cycling projects in and around Leadville/Lake County.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Cool- Can't wait to try a few this year! None of them quite worked out last year but a few should work for this year.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Some advice please

Sounds like fun. So are these races usually on hardpack snow? Do people use studded tires or regular old knobs? How many people usually show up and what are the classes?

mtbr member
    Every race but the first one are on hardpacked groomed nordic ski trails. The first one is on packed snowmobile trails and snowpacked roads. We are using a drag this year to make the trail even better. Last year the trail was in perfect condition until it snowed the night before. Conditions vary. No need for studded tires just the widest wheels and tires your bike can fit! The average last year was 25 people with the classes being Male, Female, Male Single, and Female Single. We hope you join in on the fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    I'm in training coach!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004

Awesome

This is an AWESOME series, really fun. Marni and I will be there again this year and are looking forward to it.

How is the 2 person event going to work? male/male, female/female or coed?
    On-One Lurcher SS
    Speedway Cycles Fatback Ti SS
    1984 Trek 560
    http://slipangles.blogspot.com/ - It's supposed to be fun

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Sounds like fun. I couldn't find any info on lengths of the races on their website though. I'm assuming it's everyone starting together?

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Any idea of distance of these races?

mtbr member
    These sound like fun! What kind of clothing are you wearing? It seems like normal tights might not be warm enough.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hell yes!!! I'm there!!

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004
    Distances are short, 7-10 miles usually, 1 to 2 hours timewise depending on the course conditions. Clothing really depends on the weather but I've worn just a wool shirt and a jersey with tights or knickers and maybe a wind jacket for most of the races.
    On-One Lurcher SS
    1984 Trek 560

Stayin' Puft
    If 10 miles takes 2 hours that sounds like some serious climbing sections and/or loose-snowy conditions...not the snowcat-groomed, bikepath-looking stuff in the picture.

Heh...cool.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Haha, that is exactly what I was thinking. The picture looked fantastic and I wish I could ride groomed trails like that.

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004
    Last years race 1 had a lot of climbing and loose stuff, I think that was the only one that took me over an hour. The night race was 30-40 minutes for me, the last one maybe 45-60 minutes? I have a Pugs FWIW so take that into consideration.

The snowcat groomed stuff makes it rideable, whether it's fast or not depends on how much windblown stuff there is and temps.
    On-One Lurcher SS
    1984 Trek 560

mtbr member
    The first race is closer to 12 miles long. This year we will have a special pugsley course to slow them down

Someone asked whether the March 8th race should actually be on the 7th. No the date is correct it is on a Sunday. This is during Leadville's Crystal Carnival Weekend. There is much better ski joring to watch on Sunday rather than Sat. And it starts a little earlier for better snow conditions.

Bianchimtb
    Jul 2007
    how much are these races?
    Whatever hurts you, can only make you stronger

mtbr member
    $20 each race. Sign up for three or more and you get a custom pair of SOS socks. All proceeds benefit the Cloud City Wheelers.

Stayin' Puft
    Bump. So...where's the chatter? Front Range peeps...who's down for this? I am trying to get the stoke on to get me out of bed in time tomorrow to do the drive...

Leadville dudes...how is the course looking?

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004
    The weather looks great, I bet the course will rock and I'm excited! I'm coming and racing with the wifey and also one other friend at least. Hopefully a couple more too.
    On-One Lurcher SS
    1984 Trek 560

mtbr member
    The course is looking sweet! Its been setting up much harder than last year, and we aren't going to get the wind and snow the night before like last year either. We've been rolling it everyday this week and with the last couple days being sunny its been helping us out big time! I'll try to get some pictures up today. There's not a cloud in the sky today so skiing will suck tomorrow. Come ride your bike! Food and beer at Rosies Brewpub after the race!

There are some sweet jumps and some rhythm sections!

We hope to see you there!

old skool newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by leadvegas
    There are some sweet jumps and some rhythm sections!
    I will have to work on my skills then.

Is there a lot of climbing? Because I am winded just getting up and down from this office chair

mtbr member
    There is around 4.5 to 5 miles of climbing. One of those is a gentle grade and lasts 3.5 miles. You also get to cruise (or haul ass) down that...

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004
    Awesome time today. Great course, lots of folks (29 racers I think?) and so much fun other than almost missing the start in I-70 traffic

See you all at the next one. BTW if anyone who was out taking pictures has them posted somewhere, I'd love to see them. Big thanks to all the volunteers and the sponsors too!
    On-One Lurcher SS
    1984 Trek 560

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Hey Chris...congrats on a strong ride today buddy. I thought that was you arriving late but wasn't sure.

I don't know that I've ever had that much fun on a bike. I was expecting XC since that's all I've ever done. After we got to back on trail after the road climb, I really just couldn't stop laughing. It was soooooo hard to keep it together.

Heather and I stuck around for a bit to say hello to you but we didn't see you. I took a nasty fall about the halfway mark and hit my hand on a rock. I was certain I broke the third bone down the thumb. X rays were negative though and it was just a lot of soft tissue damage.

-Chris

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004
    Sorry we missed you Chris. I was pretty sure it was you but not 100% and then I didn't see you later. Soon after I finished I went back up to find and cheer on Marni before coming back to the start/finish again. I hope your hand is okay and we see you at the next one?
    On-One Lurcher SS
    1984 Trek 560

Stayin' Puft
    Hey, great time and well run event guys! It was a beautiful day and amazing how warm 20 degrees can be in the sun at the start.

Snow riding up there is different, underneath the snow is...more snow!!! I thought I knew something about snow riding, but got schooled in the conditions, and also reminded of how bad I am at following trail markings. But what a great workout and beautiful morning...looking forward to doing a couple more of these!

Between The Wheels
    Jan 2009

... and if we just ... Good Time...Hard Work..An Adventure

...this was a fun race Saturday, I thought you guys were well organized and we couldn't have had a nicer day (even though the snow got soft fast). This surely beat out other options for biking (trainer..ugh) and it was a mellow scene. I look forward to charging up my lights and will see you all on the 7th.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Man that was fun. I am in for the next one. Night is better for post race beers. I was giggling like a school girl even though I went over the bars 3 times on the tricky descent.

Between The Wheels
    Jan 2009
    Yeah, that downhill worked on my crash and burn skills, luckily it was soft and the landing wasn't so bad, Good Stuff

mtbr member

East Side Epic Results

Thanks again to everyone who showed up for a great first race! There were a lot of strong riders. Here are the results.

East Side Epic Results

Menís Category:

1- Chris Plesko 59:11
    2- Mark Wallace 59:52
    3- Michael Chavez 1:04:37
    4- Sterling Mudge 1:07:36
    5- Cameron Millard 1:08:10
    6- Drew Dokken 1:11:40
    7- Chris Albers 1:12:39
    8- Bill Henderson 1:17:15
    9- Chris Newman 1:20:16
    10- Scott Radek 1:22:29
    11- Dru Pashley 1:26:26
    12- Andrew Miller 1:27:01
    13- Jerry Hency 1:30:45
    14- Mark Luecke 1:31:46
    15- Tyler Watkins 1:32:20
    16- Brett Ebberv 1:38:42
    17- Dan Simpson 1:43:09
    18- Jonathon Long 1:46:43
    19- Tim Koch 1:49:23
    20- Paul McGreyor 2:05:14
    21- Bob Steffens 2:28:57

Womenís Category:

1- Marni Plesko 2:21:52
    2- Deb Wagner 2:23:56

Singlespeed Category:

1- Chad Melis 59:59
    2- Doug Johnson 1:06:46
    3- James Healy 1:14:39
    4- Ben Teschner 1:29:13
    5- Jason Nepp 1:36:07
    6- Jason Musgrave 1:44:27

The next installment of the 2009 Leadville Winter Mountain Bike Series is on Feb. 7th. The Tennessee Pass Night Jam!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I had my ass thoroughly kicked two years ago by one of these races, but I think I'll give it another shot this year. Can't wait!

dwj
    mtbr member
    yeah! that race was a lot more fun than i thought it was going to be, i thought it was going to be all about cold and suffering, but it wasn't cold and the fun far out weighed the suffering. thanks to all the folks in leadville.

and the stokettes

Leadville spectacular

Race Fans!

It was another spectacular event last weekend and the apres-race was even better. I haven't seen any photos from the race except a couple in the paper. Here are two historical (hysterical?) shots. The snow was hardpacked and light last weekend but that's not always the case, sometimes it's soft, deep, and wet. The other shot is from '02, yea we've been doing this awhile and one day this snowbike thing is going to be HUGH!

Cheers,
    Mark

Really I am that slow

gonna do my darnest

to be at the march races!
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004
    Maybe some falling snow for the next race?? Looking forward to it and should be bringing a bunch with me this time I hope.
    On-One Lurcher SS
    1984 Trek 560

mtbr member
    Beer. Bikes. Bonfire. This weekend is going to be awesome! The moon is going to be real bright. Just rode there this past Saturday in a triathlon and it was great. Food and drinks will be served after the race! Did I mention theres going to be Beer and a Bonfire?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    What's the course like vegas?

mtbr member
    The weather this week was nice and sunny; perfect for setting up the snow. The weather forecast looks good with a slight chance of snow. Hopefully it will clear up so we can see the moon. The guys out at Tennessee Pass Nordic Center have two ideas for the course. On will be the same as last year with the addition of Fritz's Freeway. This brought us up the hill past the Cookhouse twice. The other idea is to cover pretty much every trail but Fish Flats. The final decision will be mad tomorrow afternoon.

If you're coming up from the south there is dirt riding to be had in BV and Salida. Or you could always spend the day skiing at the Nordic Center or Ski Cooper.

Here's a map of the trails at the Nordic Center.

www.tennesseepass.com
    www.cloudcitywheelers.org

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    What time does Cycles of Life close tomorrow?

mtbr member
    Chris might be there tomorrow morning. Brian's grooming and working at the Nordic Center all day. They just relocated the shop to 309 Harrison Ave. Its a sweet location! Beautiful brick and a ton more room. Chris and Brian have been bustin ass to get it moved this past week and its lookin great. I'm not sure if Qwest can move as fast as they can but you can give them a try at 719 486 5533

mtbr member

2009 Leadville Winter MTB Series: Tennessee Pass Night Jam Results!

Wow. What a great race last night! 65 Racers and no injuries! Thanks to everyone who came up and supported this great community focused race series! A very big thanks to EVERYONE at the Tennessee Pass Nordic Center and Cookhouse who helped make the event awesome. Thanks to all our hardworking volunteers; we couldn't have done it without you!

If anyone has pictures from last night please send them to me! You might even get published in our local paper.

Here are the results!

2009 Tennessee Pass Night Jam Results

Menís Category:

1- Cannon Shockley 51:05
    2- Chris Plesko 52:19
    3- Chad Melis 54:11
    4- Dawes Wilson 54:52
    5- Brian Feddema 55:05
    6- Sterling Mudge 57:51
    7- Chris Albers 57:54
    8- Ty Hall 57:57
    9- Mark Wallace 58:12
    10- Cameron Millard 1:01:42
    11- Henry Fischer 1:01:50
    12- Chris Newman 1:02:06
    13- Scott Rader 1:02:47
    14- Michael Chavez 1:03:55
    15- Bill Henderson 1:05:59
    16- Jim Barnes 1:06:32
    17- Ryan Candenhead 1:06:38
    18- Scott McCaan 1:06:59
    19- Smokey Burgess 1:08:06
    20- Todd Huck 1:08:27
    21- Innes Isom 1:12:20
    22- Spencer Stanek 1:14:48
    23- John Blum 1:15:29
    24- Drew Dokken 1:17:22
    25- Dru Pashley 1:17:27
    26- Shawn Gillis 1:19:06
    27- Paul McGregor 1:21:28
    28- Karl Krupp 1:24:03
    29- Tim Koch 1:24:17
    30- Bryon Babcock 1:25:49
    31- Tyrone Rimbert 1:33:59
    32- John McEnroe 1:35:52
    33- Jacob Bangston 1:40:19
    34- Simon Hayes 1:41:06
    35- Tim Gebuhr 1:41:52
    36- Kent Fulton 1:42:35
    37- Doug Kruesi 1:43:29
    38- Greg Teter 1:45:50
    39- Bob Weaver 1:58:20

Womenís Category:

1- Johanna Healy 1:02:45
    2- Ann Stanek 1:14:48
    3- Amanda Good 1:19:04
    4- Roxanne Hall 1:22:02
    5- Sarah Roberts 1:24:23
    6- Erin Allaman 1:28:05
    7- Kari Bangston 1:40:22
    8- Vanessa Ransom 1:40:23
    9- Melanie Wong 1:58:20

Menís Singlespeed Category:

1- Mike Scellian 57:11
    2- Doug Johnson 59:07
    3- Eric Cutlip 1:02:43
    4- Scot Banks 1:15:28
    5- Erik Arentzen 1:15:48
    6- Brett Ebben 1:16:38
    7- Tom Purvis 1:19:37
    8- Pedro Campos 1:21:59
    9- Jon Albers 1:30:16
    10- Jon Romania 1:31:30
    11- Jason Musgrave 1:32:12
    12- Benjamin Tesohner 1:35:55
    13- Jason Nepp 1:36:17
    14- Robert Kuepper 1:38:29
    15- Brian Ingoldsby 1:39:15

Womenís Singlespeed Category:

1- Marni Plesko 1:34:43
    2- Emily Heikkinen 1:44:17

Schipperkes are cool.
    Awesome event! Big Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.
    I ride so slow, your Garmin will shut off.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Ditto. Great night. Looking forward to the next one.

mtbr member
    Here's a link to some awesome pictures of Saturday nights festivities!

http://www.vaildaily.com/article/200...%20Bike%20Race

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    The Feb. 7th race was my first snow race (let alone at night), and it was an absolute blast! My wife came along to spectate, cheer, and take pics (mostly of our group, but there are a few unidentified riders in there too). She said it looked like so much fun that she wants to do the next one.

Speaking of which, how does the relay work on the next one?

mtbr member
    Bummer I couldn't make it! Thanks for the pics

old skool newbie

not sure

I wasn't sure where the golf course is located but found the map. Its posted below.

My relay partner is using family obligations for an excuse not to ride this weekend. Anybody want to team up with a slow FG, SS rider?

Half-Man, Half-Ounce
    May 2008
    So how does the relay work?
    1 guy goes 6 miles to pass off to guy #2, then do it again?

12 miles total??
    How is the loop? flat?

Looks like I'll be there Saturday.

mtbr member

Race Set Up

We were out there grooming today. What a beautiful venue. So the course is flat. One small hill. Great visibility of the course (and off). Teams of two. Each member of the team will do three 2 mile laps. Handing off a baton or maybe even a Dale's Pale Ale necklace. First team to complete 6 laps will be the winners. Chili and beer will be served after. The course has some of the best views of Mt. Massive and Mt. Elbert in the state. Stay overnight and do a Nordic ski race (skate or classic) on Sunday. The Leadville Loppet on the Mineral Belt Trail around Leadville, site of the 4th mtb bike race of this series. We hope to see you there

mtbr member
    Here's a picture of the views from the Clubhouse. And some from the course.

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004
    I'll be there, we should have at least 3 teams coming up.
    On-One Lurcher SS
    1984 Trek 560

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Now the pressure is on Brett to show up.

mtbr member

Golf Course Chaos Results

Thanks to everyone who came out on the very sunny Saturday! Once again a good turn out for a good cause. Here are the results with the split times.

Menís Category:

1- Sean Meredith and Chris Plesko : 9:50,19:53,40:24,1:03:29
    2- Chad Melis and Sterling Mudge : 10:23, 21:52, 43:08, 1:04:44
    3- Brian Feddema and Chris Albers : 10:33, 21:12, 44:48, 1:06:24
    4- Innes Isom and Todd Huck : 15:21, 27:02, 54:17, 1:16:24
    5- Steve Lipsher and Dan Gnojek : 10:30, 29:24, 52:39, 1:17:24
    6- Scott Dobbins and Chris Newman : 10:56, 32:55, 53:14, 1:22:22
    7- Brian Lehfeldt and Paul Nafziger : 17:12, 36:28, 1:01:14, 1:26:10

Womenís Category:

1- Katie Brazelton and Julie Morrow : 13:12, 28:15, 53:23, 1:25:03
    2- Michelle Arentzen and Marni Plesko : 28:13, 46:28, 1:28:17, 1:58:14

1- Eric Arentzen and Brett Ebben : 12:42, 29:09, 56:38, 1:22:52
    2- Jon Turner and Scott Howard : 30:34, 54:54, 1:27:17, 2:23:54

The next race is on Sunday March 8th. The Mineral Belt Mayhem! This event takes place during Ski Joring weekend. The race will finish on Harrison Ave. on the ski joring course right in front of the new location of Cycles of Life! Going off the 8 ft jumps is optional. Race starts at 9am We hope to see you there. Beer, BBQ and Horses pulling skiers off of 8 ft jumps to follow race.

Really I am that slow

Sterling

Gonna be there even if I gotta ride my but up from fruita! Can't wait for march 8Th
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks for another fun ride in the snow, Sterling. Hope to see you on the 8th, Dave!

and the stokettes

Mineral Belt start time

Hey everyone, remember daylight savings time starts on March 8th! Spring your clock and your bike ahead 1 hour.

See everyone there,
    Mark

The next race is on Sunday March 8th. The Mineral Belt Mayhem! This event takes place during Ski Joring weekend. The race will finish on Harrison Ave. on the ski joring course right in front of the new location of Cycles of Life! Going off the 8 ft jumps is optional. Race starts at 9am We hope to see you there. Beer, BBQ and Horses pulling skiers off of 8 ft jumps to follow race.

mtbr member

Crystal Carnival Weekend

2009 Mineral Belt Mayhem. 11 mile long lap around the famous Mineral Belt Trail through the historic mining district of Leadville. Registration at Cycles of Life : 309 Harrison Ave. Leadville, Co. 80361 from 7 - 8:30 am Race Starts at 9am. Race starts at the Lake County Animal Shelter. 500 East 12th St.
    BBQ, and Beer to follow the race along with live Ski Joring Competition.(crashes galore) Come join in on the fun that Crystal Carnival has to offer!

Don forget to roll your clocks forward! Daylight savings time starts 2am, March 8. Spring ahead, add 1 hour to what time it is now. 8am becomes 9am.

We hope to see you there!

mtbr member

Mineral Belt Mayhem

Another great race! Thanks to everyone who came out for the race. We had a great Leadville bluebird day with rock solid trail conditions. Super fast riders and plenty of good beer to enjoy afterwards. I'll post the results as soon as I get back from the beach! Enjoy yourselves!

Next race is at the Tennessee Pass Nordic Center on March 28th!

www.cloudcitywheelers.org/

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks for another great race, Sterling! I'm bummed we won't be there for the last one.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Yeah, great fun up there! I was hoping to stick around for the ski joring, but I didn't want to get stuck in traffic back to Denver.
    Cheers!
    -jon

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Glad I stuck around for the ski jouring. That is some crazy stuff. I thought some of the stunts I have pulled were boneheaded. Skiing behind a horse over 7ft jumps with flat landings trying to make a gate to grab some rings...insane. Especially for the guy who went over the bars and ended up in the street.

mtbr member

Mineral Belt Mayhem Results

Here are the results from the Mineral Belt Mayhem! The final race of the series is on the 28th! Visit www.cloudcitywheelers.org for more info

Single-speed men

Place Name Finish time

1 Doug Johnson 47:47

2 Jon Lang 53:57

3 Karl Smith 54:35

4 Barry Parent 59:50

5 Brett Ebben 1:00:25

6 Jon Turner 1:01:40

7 Erik Arentzen 1:02:49

8 Daniel Edmiston 1:04:58

Single-speed women

1 Rachel Farreh 56:45

2 Marni Plesko 1:10:29

Men

1 Shawn Meredith 45:42

2 Chris Albers 46:00

3 Scott Radek 46:23

4 Mark Wallace 46:48

5 Brian Feddema 48:09

6 Sterling Mudge 48:17

7 Bill Hendrison 49:13

8 Mike Moher 49:20

9 Drew Dokken 52:57

10 Reynauld Bodeu 55:34

11 Chris Plesko 56:14

12 Joel Ahlum 58:35

13 Doug Ayers 1:02:46

14 Tim Koch 1:02:51

15 Greg Teter 1:07:37

16 Brad Nolen 1:10:52

Women

1 Kim Nuffer 54:40

2 Erin Allaman 55:20

3 Nancy Parker 1:00:39

4 Derra Peterson 1:01:29

5 Natalie Eddy 1:12:12

6 Michelle Arentzen 1:50:12

Now we're off to Fruita!

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004
    Lots of fun even though I was sick as a dog the last race. This has got to be the best winter series around
    On-One Lurcher SS
    1984 Trek 560

and the stokettes

Final Results?

Race Fans!

This year the Leadville Winter Mountain Bike Series will name an overall champion. I don't think it will be any surprise to anybody if I show the current standings before we finish up on March 28th. At this point Chris Plesko has the best score after 3 races with 2 wins and a 2nd. He can only be beat by Shawn Meredith but Shawn has to come in within 2.4% of the winner's time in the last race AND beat Chris. This table shows all Men who have raced at least twice and what there best possible score could be if they won the last race.

On the women's side the story is much the same with Marni, the other half of the Plesko racing dynamo, in the lead. Marni can only be bested by Erin Allaman. If they both race Marni would need to better Erin's time by about 25%.

The scoring is pretty simple. A racers score in a single event is his time divided by the winner's time. The winner gets a score of 1 for that race. Lowest 3 scores is the series winner. This method weights each race the same while still taking into account the place and strength of the finish time.

Please let me know if you see any problems with the results spread sheet.

See you all on the 28th!
    Mark

and the stokettes

Mineral Belt Mayhem Results

[QUOTE=leadvegas]Here are the results from the Mineral Belt Mayhem! The final race of the series is on the 28th! Visit www.cloudcitywheelers.org for more info

QUOTE]

And here we are in last weeks paper...

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Dang, I am going to miss the last race! Headed back to MI for the weekend. Thanks for the great time, and promoting this great event. I'll be back!! Muuhaaa, muuuhaaaa!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    What's the course like on this final race? I did the Mineral Belt race a few weeks ago and was waaaaaay undergeared with my 33x21 (29er). Just wondering if I should switch out my rear cog (not like I'm actually going to muster the effort to do that though).
    Cheers!
    -jon

mtbr member

Spring Fling at Tennessee Pass Nordic Center!

The sun worked the snow today and with grooming happening this afternoon as well; the snow should be setting up real nice. The start is going to be awesome with a mass start down the meadow to a hard left turn. There will be two loops. 1x 4 miler and 1 x 6 miler with the mile climb to the Cookhouse happening on the 2nd lap. BBQ and Beer to follow.

2-3:30pm Register/Check In @ Tennessee Pass Nordic Center - Race starts @ 4pm

If anyone wants a free pair of custom Leadville Winter Mt. Bike Series socks; we need someone to pick up more BEER from the brewery in Longmont. Please contact me if you'd like to help.

mtbr member

2009 Leadville Winter Mountain Bike Series

A HUGE thanks to everyone who came out and supported the 2009 Leadville Winter Mountain Bike Series! The series was a huge success thanks to our great volunteers and amazing sponsors. The Cloud City Wheelers would like to thank everyone who volunteered as well as our great sponsors: Cycles of Life, Provin' Grounds, Tennessee Pass Nordic Center, Sawatch Backcountry, Melanzana, Dale's Pale Ale, Pedal Power, Trips for Kids Leadville, Mount Massive Golf Course, The Mineral Belt Trail, Rockstar, The Herald Democrat, and The U.S. Forest Service. Thanks for making the Leadville Winter Mountain Bike Series possible!

The Cloud City Wheelers

Congrats to Chris Plesko for being the overall winner of the 2009 series. Chris wins a Surly Karate Monkey frame and fork!

Here are the results from Saturday's Tennessee Pass Spring Fling!

2009 Tennessee Pass Spring Fling Results

Menís Category:

1- Mark Wallace 33:42
    2- Scott Radek 34:26
    3- Dawes Wilson 37:35
    4- Ty Hall 38:36
    5- Chris Albers 40:38
    6- Scott McCann 43:49
    7- Sterling Mudge 49:09

Womenís Category:

1- Sarah Hutchinson 1:02:03
    2- Brooke Henderson 1:29:30

1- Jon Long 40:01
    2- James Arnold 47:05
    3- Jason Nepp 52:15
    4- John Turner 1:13:26

and the stokettes

Overall Series results

A HUGE thanks to everyone who came out and supported the 2009 Leadville Winter Mountain Bike Series!
    Congrats to Chris Plesko for being the overall winner of the 2009 series.

Chris wins a Surly Karate Monkey frame and fork!
    Here's the final results for the series. We had 17 riders with 3 qualifying races! It was the best season ever! Hope to see everyone next year.

and the stokettes

And here's the rest of the story

Until next season!

Members who have read this thread: 0