shorts that fit, true to chart- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

shorts that fit, true to chart

ok, after ordering and trying shorts from various mfgs (azonic, performance, hoss, etc) and finding that either their sizing chart was wholly unrealistic, or that they had not accomodated certain measurements for clydes, I ordered some PIs:
    http://www.pearlizumi.com/product.ph...color_code=027
    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...slisearch=true
    They fit like they should. I now have two pair - make sure you use the coupon listed at the top of the page if you go that route!
    good luck, gents.

note that the drawstring performance cites is non-existant.
    Last edited by CharacterZero; 09-07-2006 at 08:32 PM.

mtbr member
    i just bought a new pair of hoss shorts for my 5'10" 255lb ace.
    after sending them an email they suggested the xxl.
    i ordered them up in urban cammo and they fit great and stay put on my fat ace.

i would highly recommend these to my hefty bretheren

http://www.hossmtb.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "who's pushing the pedals on the season cycle?" -xtc

mtbr member
    May 2004
    yeppers, there was a thread here which detailed many people's experience with buying those shorts...

Your bike is incorrigible

not to hijack a thread, but...

Quote Originally Posted by phatphil
    i just bought a new pair of hoss shorts for my 5'10" 255lb ace.
    after sending them an email they suggested the xxl.
    i ordered them up in urban cammo and they fit great and stay put on my fat ace.

i would highly recommend these to my hefty bretheren

http://www.hossmtb.com/
    I'm thinking seriously about getting a pair of ponderosas. Now according to their size chart, an XL goes up to a 38 waist. I am a 38 waist, but I have noticed that both of my other shorts are on the smallish size, and I don't want to have trouble with new shorts. What is your waist size in regular, everyday pants? Why did they recommend the XXLs?

mtbr member
    i am wearing a pair of 38 old navy painter pants that are loose in the legs and tight at the waist. i had to go to a funeral the other day so i had to buy some pants and bought a pair of 42 hagars loose at the waist but nice in the legs. i have the bike riders curse of the big thighs.

the xxl ponderosas are a little loose as far as the grippers at my knees but over all the shorts are great. i have actually come to like the way they fit.

before i ordered a pair i emailed and asked about sizing and told them pretty much what i was wearing size wise in pants and what type and keith gave me the right answer. if i keep riding the way i am now then buy the end of october i will need the xl

hope it helps
    "who's pushing the pedals on the season cycle?" -xtc

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka
    I'm thinking seriously about getting a pair of ponderosas. Now according to their size chart, an XL goes up to a 38 waist. I am a 38 waist, but I have noticed that both of my other shorts are on the smallish size, and I don't want to have trouble with new shorts. What is your waist size in regular, everyday pants? Why did they recommend the XXLs?

I actually have the Ponderosas in 3XL. I wear a 40-42 in pants so I fell in the XXL range on the ponderosas sizing chart. I first ordered a set of XXL but I couldn't get the waist band over my big thighs. I suspect they would have fit nice once they got past the thighs but the 3XL fit nice now. Normally I wear XXL in stuff like athletic pants. For you I'd go with the XXL and I think they would fit well. The waist has nice straps to tighten it up if they have extra room.

Chris

Members who have read this thread: 0