Looking to get back to to cycling after many many years, and many many cans of pop an- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2017

Looking to get back to to cycling after many many years, and many many cans of pop an

I'm looking for a MTB the right fit for me at first it'll be more recreational, riding with my kids, paved and dirt trails. Then as I work off some of my many years of excess, move into a little more aggressive riding so maybe a all around kind of MTB bike. ( I already purchased a commuter bike) but one I could possibly mount a rack on the back, for packing things in if I get adventurous enough to do longer trips in or even maybe a overnight ride (but let's worry about versatility first. Obviously I'm in this form so I am a bigger man 300+ lbs so a regular MTB probably not my best choice, and neither do I want some full out suspension racer either. Probably 27.5 tires a little more nibble probably than a 29er I'd think?

A + bike right in the middle ground I think might fit the bill. I've come across a great deal on a new 2016 model specialized fuse pro for 1/2 what it sold for new.

Or maybe a Kona Big Honzo.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Both bikes you mentioned will do you just fine. Try before you buy. Having the bike fit you is most important.

I would recommend the Cannondale Beast of the East or the Salsa Timberjack also. I just reserved a 2018 Timberjack at my LBS the other day.

Donít let the weight stop you from hitting the trail. I was 280 in May when I started. Most fun way to lose weight that I have found! I am down to 240 now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fat guy on Fat tires

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    nothing wrong with the fuse pro. specially for half price.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyDoo View Post
    Both bikes you mentioned will do you just fine. Try before you buy. Having the bike fit you is most important.

I would recommend the Cannondale Beast of the East or the Salsa Timberjack also. I just reserved a 2018 Timberjack at my LBS the other day.

Donít let the weight stop you from hitting the trail. I was 280 in May when I started. Most fun way to lose weight that I have found! I am down to 240 now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good job I'm hoping for the same kind of results

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmatt05 View Post
    nothing wrong with the fuse pro. specially for half price.
    I'm just hoping the + tyres run decent on pavement, and not like trying to roll a square box, hopefully