• 06-21-2017
    Insaneduane
    Looking for downhill pants for my son
    So my extra tall kid 6 foot 4 needs some pants, he's a 36 waist 34 inseam can't seem to find any online what are you tall guys wearing for downhill plus they'll need room for shin guards.

Thanks duane[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  • 06-22-2017
    Joules
    downhill clothes are basically the same as motocross; see if you can find a store that carries mx stuff and have him try some on (plus mx gear tends to be cheaper than bike gear even when its the same thing).
    Otherwise it's pretty much the shops at the resorts as no lbs (that I've seen) stocks any dh gear to try on.

I'm about his height and inseam; I just wear shorts. Way easier to find ones that fit, less likely to look like clown pjs (I don't understand why apparently all mx and dh clothing is designed to make you look stupid, but clearly that's the intent), I don't have to worry about fitting pads and... it gets really hot where I ride, and wearing long pants in the summer doesn't work.
  • 06-22-2017
    Insaneduane
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    downhill clothes are basically the same as motocross; see if you can find a store that carries mx stuff and have him try some on (plus mx gear tends to be cheaper than bike gear even when its the same thing).
    Otherwise it's pretty much the shops at the resorts as no lbs (that I've seen) stocks any dh gear to try on.

I'm about his height and inseam; I just wear shorts. Way easier to find ones that fit, less likely to look like clown pjs (I don't understand why apparently all mx and dh clothing is designed to make you look stupid, but clearly that's the intent), I don't have to worry about fitting pads and... it gets really hot where I ride, and wearing long pants in the summer doesn't work.

Shorts may be the way to go but right now this kid's body don't belong to him it belongs to the Navy, so I'm trying to put as much protection on him as possible.

He's up for E6 next month I don't think he wants to screw that up.
    He's only been in the Navy less than five years, but then again he's 26 and would probably bounce back from any crash.

I ordered him a pair of alpinestars pants 36 waist and it says 33 inseam so they will probably work
    He's got O'Neill body armor and leatt shin guards, a full face helmet gloves that should probably do it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  • 06-23-2017
    TooTallUK
    It's the armor that will protect him more than the pants so I'd not worry too much from that point.