Help 340 pounds MOTObecane HT elite please- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Help 340 pounds MOTObecane HT elite please

any riders with this bike that weigh more that 300 lbs if so please let me know is it's a good bike for me, budget is 1000 beans Maybe another good bike around that price close to the specs, i think its really the best price , part for part i think
    Elite http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...om_elite09.htm
    also what size should i get or maybe what else do you think i should get
    am 6 foot 1
    340 pounds
    I can bunny hop like a foot of the ground
    mainly light trails and light park riding
    please help

Underskilled
    Nice looking bike, but I wouldn't jump it at your weight, stuff will start breaking.

Unlesss solid axle front and back I don't let my ride leave the floor due to the flex.

I would get something designed for abuse, preferably an AM FS bike.

good bike for the price though.

Former Bike Wrench
    At 340lbs, I would recommend looking at AM HARDTAILS, not FS. Might see if you can find a 2009 Kona Hoss (not made for 2010) as that would be the ideal bike for you. The Gary Fisher Mullet would also be a good choice.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72
    At 340lbs, I would recommend looking at AM HARDTAILS, not FS. Might see if you can find a 2009 Kona Hoss (not made for 2010) as that would be the ideal bike for you. The Gary Fisher Mullet would also be a good choice.
    thanks am going to my LBS and checking out the Mullet, do you know any online stores that sell the kona , maybe the deluxe 2008 or 2009, thank you for the info peace mang

Former Bike Wrench
    Kona is generally LBS only, though I believe 2008 models can be sold online

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I was 325 and ride a niner rip9 and not had any problems with the durability.

Underskilled
    Quote Originally Posted by rapdaddyR
    I was 325 and ride a niner rip9 and not had any problems with the durability.
    I bet it was the 09 or newer RIP.

I still have a piece of my 07 on my desk, I picked it up of the road after the frame exploded going over a curb.

The WFO is absolutly indestructable and great fun. I have seen flimsier DH bikes.

mtbr member

The Big KAHONA NEEDS A KONA Deluxe with fries

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72
    Kona is generally LBS only, though I believe 2008 models can be sold online
    hey thanks , i think am going to get the Mullet, tryed it brakes are not that good but then again what brakes can stop a bus
    Am a BigGiner on the trails so for now a MULLET would be cool for me Then After the Weight comes off then watch out THe big Kohonas needs a KONA thanks for the info MTBers

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by rodriguezjuanc
    hey thanks , i think am going to get the Mullet, tryed it brakes are not that good but then again what brakes can stop a bus
    Am a BigGiner on the trails so for now a MULLET would be cool for me Then After the Weight comes off then watch out THe big Kohonas needs a KONA thanks for the info MTBers
    Might look at bigger rotors and/or swapping to the BB7's if you find the braking is not enough...but they do need to "burn in" a little first.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The Mullet is a solid bike. Definitely get bigger rotors (at least front) right away. The next issue you're going to have is in the fork. You're going to want something coil-sprung and then you'll need the x-firm spring for it.

mtbr member
    Just came Back for bike shop, 799.00 for mullet , lifetime on the frame, i need that crap for sure, Will be in the shop on WED sweet, the guy in the shop said to get better brakes right aways too plus a better shock if am going to hit the trails like a monster, so i am going to get thE BIGGER ROTOR ON THE FRONT and maybe a Recon shock i dont know what but am happy i got THE MUNSTER mullet, everybody thanks for the info, if anyone need info on the mullet let me know, link clickgary fisher mullet

bi-winning
    Just came Back for bike shop, 799.00 for mullet , lifetime on the frame, i need that crap for sure, Will be in the shop on WED sweet, the guy in the shop said to get better brakes right aways too plus a better shock if am going to hit the trails like a monster, so i am going to get thE BIGGER ROTOR ON THE FRONT and maybe a Recon shock i dont know what but am happy i got THE MUNSTER mullet, everybody thanks for the info, if anyone need info on the mullet let me know, link clickgary fisher mullet
    Cool bike. I hope you enjoy it.

You've definitely gotten some good upgrade advice.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Looks like it comes with a 'zocchi DJ3. I would definitely stick with that over a Recon.

mtbr member

it Might hold

Quote Originally Posted by newskoolbiker
    Looks like it comes with a 'zocchi DJ3. I would definitely stick with that over a Recon.
    really i like the Recon cuz the lock out the stock on the mullet no lock out can't set it for pressure, but am satying with it untill it brakes, my last shock DART 3 Snaped in half, lets see if this shock will hold for sumo trail ridding

Members who have read this thread: 0