Anyone ride an XXL Transition?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2020

Anyone ride an XXL Transition?

I am 6'8" and curious if it will be big enough for me. After doing some research the new sentinel seems to be one of the larger bikes out there right now...

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Santa Cruz XXL should be considered too. 515mm reach

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Canyon strive is bigger. 695 top tube, 14mm more stack.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuse6F View Post
    Canyon strive is bigger. 695 top tube, 14mm more stack.
    The reach is 15mm shorter.

mtbr member
    Hey man, Iím considering the same exact thing. XXL sentinel or XXL Hightower are my 2 options. Iím 6í7 for reference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Giant Trance 27.5 3

mtbr member
    May 2020
    I ended up getting the XXL Sentinel. It is actually the best fitting bike I've ever owned. I demo'd a 2015 XXL Tallboy years back and that bike fit well too. Took my Sentinel out on its maiden voyage a couple days ago and am not looking back! Let me know if you have specific questions and I'll do my best to help you out man, i know it is hard to find people our size!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake N. View Post
    I ended up getting the XXL Sentinel. It is actually the best fitting bike I've ever owned. I demo'd a 2015 XXL Tallboy years back and that bike fit well too. Took my Sentinel out on its maiden voyage a couple days ago and am not looking back! Let me know if you have specific questions and I'll do my best to help you out man, i know it is hard to find people our size!
    Awesome! Iím planning on ordering my NX build next week. Few questions:

1) how much do you weigh? Iím slightly worried about getting correct sag before hitting max PSI in the shock, and worried about bottom out issues. Did you have any issues on your maiden voyage?

2) whatís your inseam, and whatís your saddle position with respect to the bars? Mine is about 37Ē and I was worried about being able to get the saddle equal with the bars, instead of way above. If you have a pic that would be great

3) what kind of riding do you do? Curious on your thoughts about if itís just a straight point and shoot bike, or if thereís some playfulness to it

2014 Giant Trance 27.5 3

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Sorry I took so long to reply man! I think I just replied to you in the Sentinel V2 forum and answered majority of what you asked. I will upload some photos when I get a chance. I ride a variety of trails in the sf Bay Area, majority at Annadel state park and when I can make over to Moore creek park and mt tamarancho I do. I see everything from extremely rocky fast descents to flow/jump trails. The bike can handle it all very well. There is some playfulness to it. Being a bigger guy a larger bike isn't too tough to throw around when I need to. I can say it is very stable and that has saved me more than once so far when I start getting too confident haha

Quote Originally Posted by socalrider77 View Post
    Awesome! Iím planning on ordering my NX build next week. Few questions:

1) how much do you weigh? Iím slightly worried about getting correct sag before hitting max PSI in the shock, and worried about bottom out issues. Did you have any issues on your maiden voyage?

2) whatís your inseam, and whatís your saddle position with respect to the bars? Mine is about 37Ē and I was worried about being able to get the saddle equal with the bars, instead of way above. If you have a pic that would be great

3) what kind of riding do you do? Curious on your thoughts about if itís just a straight point and shoot bike, or if thereís some playfulness to it

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake N. View Post
    Sorry I took so long to reply man! I think I just replied to you in the Sentinel V2 forum and answered majority of what you asked. I will upload some photos when I get a chance. I ride a variety of trails in the sf Bay Area, majority at Annadel state park and when I can make over to Moore creek park and mt tamarancho I do. I see everything from extremely rocky fast descents to flow/jump trails. The bike can handle it all very well. There is some playfulness to it. Being a bigger guy a larger bike isn't too tough to throw around when I need to. I can say it is very stable and that has saved me more than once so far when I start getting too confident haha
    Just saw that, thanks! Looking forward to pictures

2014 Giant Trance 27.5 3