Any Clydes running a Jones (type) bar? H-bar or J-bar or Loop?- Mtbr.com
    getting back into it
    Sep 2008

Any Clydes running a Jones (type) bar? H-bar or J-bar or Loop?

Titec? Al or Ti? What are your experiences? Is the Al durable for a clyde? I'm seriously thinking about picking one up, but the Ti price is out of my range. I'm most interested in the Loop H-bar (in Al).

Former Bike Wrench
    I haven't tried it (I'm using a Space Bar OR2) but the aluminum version weighs 490g...unless your a super Clyde I can't imagine it isn't strong enough.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    i am running luv bars on my single speed 29 er. they are alum and i am running 290's currently and dont hav any issues. the grams save are worth it for me for any ti material i have plenty of other ways to drop a few grams.

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by swopeti
    i am running luv bars on my single speed 29 er. they are alum and i am running 290's currently and dont hav any issues. the grams save are worth it for me for any ti material i have plenty of other ways to drop a few grams.
    Aren't Luv bars steel or ti?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I have a fully outfitted Ti Jones bar that I no longer use. The shape of the Jones was reducing the reach on my bike so I went back to conventional bars. I did like the many hand positions.

I'd part with it if it went to a good home

getting back into it
    Sep 2008
    I ended up picking up an aluminum Loop H-bar, and have ordered some IRD shifter perches for my barcon shifters and cork grips and tape. Still need to get a mount for my headlight. I'm looking forward to this!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I have the Titec H-bars on my fatbike and I love them, for some reason I have more confidence with them and my elbows don't hurt as much after a ride for some reason.

getting back into it
    Sep 2008
    That's exactly what I'm looking for. I (badly) dislocated my left elbow two years ago, and I still can't keep weight on it for longer periods of time. I'll mount it in more of an upright position and have multiple hand positions. I'm hoping this will help alot. I'm looking forward to longer rides once again ...

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I've got a Titec H-Bar on my commuter Karate Monkey, and I like it. Took a while to get used to it, but now it feels very natural.

I haven't taken it offroad yet, though.... it could be that I won't like it once I try a few bumpy descents. That's what happened when I tried Mary bars a few years ago.

getting back into it
    Sep 2008
    Loop H-bar is on. Just gotta finish it up (brake levers, shifters, grips & tape). Looking forward to it!

Members who have read this thread: 1