sSelling: Kona Process 153 DL 19"-backbone.jpgSelling: Kona Process 153 DL 19"-steep.jpg

Unfortunately, due to an Emergency I have to sell my bike. ( why i have it priced low)

It is 19". I am 6'4" 200lbs. This is the largest size in the line up, but because of the geometry will fit any rider 5'11 and up. It's a tad small for me, but I prefer that.

I work in the cycling industry and this is my all time favorite bike.

One the biggest things that makes the Process DL so amazing is how Kona designed it. 99% of the time companies decide on the travel length first, then design the frame around that. This often leads to 'shoe-horning' dimensions that aren't the most efficient for the type of riding the bike is meant for. Kona made the Process by making the perfect frame dimensions for Enduro riding and whatever space was left over for a shock was the travel. Thus the 153mm travel, as opposed to what you normally see (150mm or 160mm). It really melds everything into an fantastic bike.

When you add the fact that they threw the best fork (imo) on this bike its just insane.

I ride very steep technical downhill trails and this bike was the big game changer in my performance and confidence. It's designed so well that you pretty much just have to allow the bike to do the work, point it down and hold on.

I have (had) three other bikes and I have never been able to beat my Strava times I get while riding the Process, the bike you have really does make a huge difference.

It can do all this downhill riding but also climb really well. The wheelbase of the bike is very similar to a DH bike, so you do get more resistance on climbing than with a smaller wheelbase XC bike, but thats really the only aspect of the frame that cuts into climbing. The 650b wheels making climbing great like 29ers but keeps nimble at handling like a 26. I set it up as 1x10, but with a 32t chain ring so it really isn't too difficult to climb with, but depending on your riding stamina you could easily buy a 30t chain ring and make climbing even easier.

It's one of the more perfect bikes for SoCal riding, since we do not have very many DH only trails, but we have world class DH very technical trails that require climbing too.

Some examples of my favorite trails with this bike:
Art School (laguna)
Telonics (laguna)
Samurai (Santa Monica)
Backbone (Santa Monica)
Mt. Wilson (Pasadena)
Rocket (Laguna)

I pretty confident in saying that if you enjoy going climb and descending but want a bike that has very little limitations over technical descents, you will love this bike.

Here is a quote from the Pinkbike.com review of the Process 153 DL

"Kona deserves praise for their willingness to shake up traditional mountain bike geometry, pushing the concept of long top tubes and short stems as far as they can. This deviation from the accepted norms has paid off, creating one very impressive ride, and there aren't too many bikes currently on the market in this category that can match the 153's blend of stability and maneuverability at speed. Don't let yourself get locked into the numbers game either - the 153 rides like it has more travel than it actually does, and riders who pass this bike over because they're searching for something with 160 or more millimeters of rear suspension are selling themselves short. Plus, with a top end fork and shock, wide bars, a short stem, and meaty tires, the 153 is shred-ready out of the box (although we would like to see a 1x10 offering added to the lineup). The Process 153 is what we'd consider to be a true all-mountain bike, one that's manageable on the climbs, and an extremely hard charger on the descents". - Mike Kazimer

Kona Process 153 DL - Review - Pinkbike

If you have ANY questions, please ask me. I'd love to explain in even more detail each way a component on this bike helps your riding.

Upgrades:

Upgraded to 1x10 Drivetrain. All drivetrain components have only been on 5-6 rides.

Sram X1 Cranks 170mm
RaceFace Narrow Wide 32t
Shimano XT 10spd Chain
Shimano Zee Cassette 11-42t
Shimano Zee 1x10 Shifter
Shimano Zee Rear Derailleur Shadow Plu

Stans ZTR Flow EX rear wheel
Hans Dampf Tires
Brand New WTB Volt Race Saddle
Carbon Fiber RaceFace SixC Handle bar
Brand New 203mm rotors
Azonic Front Mud-Flap

Model Year: 2014
Riding Type: Trail/Enduro/Downhill
Rider: Unisex

Sizes and Geometry
XL
XL
Top Tube Length 25.83
Head Tube Angle 66.5
Head Tube Length 5.12
Seat Tube Angle 74
Seat Tube Length 18.31
Bottom Bracket Height 0.39 Drop
Chainstay Length 16.73
Wheelbase 47.91
Standover 26.18
Reach 19.09
Stack 24.02

Frame Material: Aluminum
Frame Material Details: 6061 Aluminum Butted

Rear Travel: 153mm
Rear Shock: RockShox Monarch Plus RC3
Fork: RockShox Pike RCT3 Solo Air, QR15, Tapered
Fork Travel: 160mm
Head Tube Diameter: Tapered
Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5 ZS No.57
Handlebar: RaceFace SixC Carbon 800mm
Stem: Kona 40mm
Grips: RaceFace
Brakes: Shimano XT, 203mm (Centerlock) Front, 180mm (Centerlock) Rear
Brake Levers: Shimano XT

Drivetrain

Shifters: Shimano Zee 1x10
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Zee 1x10 Shadow+
ISCG Tabs: Yes
Cranks: SRAM X1
Chainrings: Raceface Narrow Wide 32t
Bottom Bracket: SRAM X1 BB PF92
Pedals: HT AEO1
Chain: Shimano XT 10speed
Cassette: Shimano XT 10speed

Wheel Size

Rims
Front: WTB Frequency Team i25 TCS
Rear: STAN's ZTR Flow EX

Hubs
Front: Shimano XT
Rear: STAN's 3.30

Tires: Schwalbe HANS DAMPF
Saddle: WTB Volt RACE 153mm
Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb Stealth

Rear Dropout / Hub Dimensions: 12mm x 142mm

Bottle Cage Mounts Yes
Colors Matte Lime/Black
Warranty Lifetime
Weight 31 lb 15 oz (14487 g)
Miscellaneous
Retail Price $4,999 stock $6,500 after upgrades

My Price: $2,400 - I really need to sell this quick because life attacks violently out of nowhere sometimes.