Possible Scam

Printable View

• 11-04-2019
    The_Bob
    Possible Scam
    Just a heads up for everyone. I have an ad up looking for a Fox 165x42.5 shock to which I got a response today. The PM pointed me to an email address of a guy in Texas who has one. I googles the email address and found several dodgy incidents about the seller who claims to have what you want, but seems to be a scammer.
  • 11-06-2019
    The_Bob
    So, scam is confirmed. Guy got back to me and sent me pics of a "DPX2 straight off a Trance 29" which is clearly not off a Trance 29. Sent admin the details along with some google search results showing where this guy is active on other forums trying the same scam.
  • 11-07-2019
    fmendes
    Thanks for the heads up.
  • 11-07-2019
    matt.s67
    Post the e-mail address in question so we can all know who to avoid.
  • 11-07-2019
    The_Bob
    The email address is [email protected]. You'll get a PM from an MTBR "member" who has zero posts and who does not accept email comms from other members directing you to this guy who "has" what you are looking for. I googled that address and found a couple of other forums where people had checked up and found this guy to be suspicious. I emailed him to see what response would come and got pics of a "Trance 29" shock that were so wrong, but a good effort. Now that I have shared this, hopefully he will sod off, but more likely he'll refine his methods.
  • 11-07-2019
    dbhammercycle
    I got a PM from Gregge at 7:49 this morning about purchasing a Paul Components RD from a guy in Texas at that email address.
  • 11-07-2019
    bcriverjunky
    I would take all this info down to your local police station.
  • 11-07-2019
    Phillbo
    Cops won't care....
  • 11-07-2019
    The_Bob
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    I got a PM from Gregge at 7:49 this morning about purchasing a Paul Components RD from a guy in Texas at that email address.

Same MO they tried with me and same user. Admin hasnít replied to my mail to ban Gregge
  • 11-08-2019
    the-one1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bcriverjunky View Post

And they would do what?
  • 11-08-2019
    matt.s67
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bcriverjunky View Post

They won't do anything. Unless this turns into a huge scheme to defraud across multiple jurisdictions, no one will really care.
  • 11-08-2019
    bcriverjunky
  • 12-01-2019
    Surfacecreations
    Quote:

Originally Posted by matt.s67 View Post
    They won't do anything. Unless this turns into a huge scheme to defraud across multiple jurisdictions, no one will really care.

If you search Google for that email address, he is all over the internet trying to scam people. Maybe some agency needs to look into this guy for real.