2013 Trek Stache 8 - XXL - Custom Build - SoCal- Mtbr.com
    R.I.P. DogFriend

2013 Trek Stache 8 - XXL - Custom Build - SoCal - PRICE DROP!

2013 Trek Stache 8 - Custom Build - SOLD

Will consider shipping to continental USA addresses (lower 48 states) at buyers expense. I would package the bike for free in a box like a new bike ships in, but buyer will pay all shipping expenses and must be insured for the selling price. Payment MUST clear COMPLETELY before the bike ships.

Size: XXL

Frame: Features a 68.6° head tube angle, internal cable routing for F&R derailleurs, currently running 142 mm x12 mm rear axle (also includes replaceable dropouts for running 135 mm rear axle), direct mount front derailleur, ISCG tabs for mounting a chainguide, internal cable routing on the seat tube for stealth style dropper seatpost.

Fork: 120 mm travel Fox 32 Float Evolution CTD (15QR axle), 51 mm G2 offset

Wheelset: DT Swiss M1800 All Mountain Tubeless (w/DT 350 star ratchet rear hub)

Crankset: Shimano XT FC-M760 – 3x9 – 175 mm (22/32/42)

Brakeset: Shimano BR-M615 Deore w/Ice Tech finned pads (low mileage)

Rotors: Front: Centerlock 203 mm, Rear: Centerlock 180 mm

Shifters: SRAM X9 – 3 x 9 speed trigger w/indicators

Rear Derailleur: SRAM X9 – 9 speed

Front Derailleur: Shimano XT

Chain: SRAM 9 speed w/Quick Link (new)

Cassette: Shimano CS-HG400, 12-36 (new)

Rear Tire: Specialized Ground Control 29 x 2.1 – setup tubeless with fresh sealant

Front Tire: Vittoria Morsa 29 x 2.3 – setup tubeless with fresh sealant

Seatpost: Bontrager 31.6 mm x 350 mm (matches stem)

Stem: Bontrager 90 mm (matches seatpost)

Handlebar: Race Face SixC Carbon – 785 mm (green)

Saddle: WTB Pure V

If you would have told me a year ago that I would be selling this bike, I would have laughed, and said “no way”. However, I have since moved on to ‘plus’ size wheels and cannot justify keeping this. Weekend warrior types could race XC on this bike, but the true design intent for this bike is for getting rowdy out on the trails. Weight is in the 27 lb range the last time I weighed it (weighed with a dropper post [not included in this sale] and pedals).

The frame is in excellent condition with no dings or dents, and only a few very minor scratches. The frame has never been crashed. The frame is an XXL size, but Trek made the seat tube 21.5” rather than 23” so they could offer a lower standover height. ETT on this frame is 26” (670 mm). I am in the 6’ 4” to 6’ 5” range, and the frame fits me perfectly. I would estimate the height range for this frame to be for folks that are in the 6’ 3” to 6’ 7” range.

The DT-Swiss M1800 Tubeless wheels are not just ‘tubeless ready’, they are ‘tubeless’. This means that there are no rim strips or tape to be applied. There are no holes to seal, as the spoke bed is solid. Very easy to setup and maintain tubeless, which they are, with a fresh batch of sealant installed a week ago. The rear hub features the DT-Swiss star ratchet freehub, which is among the most reliable, and easy to maintain on the planet.

I originally ran it with the 135 mm QR axle until early 2014. When I went to convert it to the 142 mm thru-axle, the axle would not line up. Trek said they had some heat treating issues with a few of the first Stache frames, so they replaced that frame in 2014. I rode it until the summer of 2015 when I began riding the plus size wheels, so this frame has about 1.5 years of use. The fork was serviced by me (I am a part time bike shop mechanic) a year or so ago, but has had little use since then. I installed new seals and used genuine Fox parts and fluids. The fork has no scratches on the stanchions and does not leak air or fluids. The bike is equipped and solid, ready for fun, with nothing on it that will need to be serviced or replaced any time soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Trek Stache 8 - XXL - Custom Build - SoCal-img_6882a.jpg  

2013 Trek Stache 8 - XXL - Custom Build - SoCal-img_6883a.jpg  

2013 Trek Stache 8 - XXL - Custom Build - SoCal-img_6887a.jpg  

2013 Trek Stache 8 - XXL - Custom Build - SoCal-img_6888a.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by jeffj; 10-22-2016 at 03:18 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I've been searching for something very similar to this bike.

I've looked online a bit and can't find anything that lists the geometry of these frames, do you have any idea of the stack and reach #'s? I'm 6'7" and don't want to be at the extreme edge of fit.

Thanks.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Quote Originally Posted by Holston View Post
    I've been searching for something very similar to this bike.

I've looked online a bit and can't find anything that lists the geometry of these frames, do you have any idea of the stack and reach #'s? I'm 6'7" and don't want to be at the extreme edge of fit.

Thanks.
    Sorry for not promptly responding.

I originally had a XL 2013 Stache for a couple months for a long term test sled. I am 6'5", and could have gone with the XL had I wanted. I had to take a chance when it came time to order one for myself to keep (since the test ride went so well) and went with the XXL. I would say the 6'7" is likely at the upper end for a fit that isn't compromised. At any rate, I found this geometry chart so you can see if it is within spec for your taste:

Name:  2013_Trek_Stache_8_561607_i3.jpg
Views: 1377
Size:  19.8 KB

Let me know if you have any more questions.