ER bills have arrived from a recent bout with kidney stones, and I need to liquidate.

So this has been a project that was replaced by a GT Xizang and now it hangs on my wall. I don't see this getting built ever, unless I decide to do a weird commuter thing, which isn't likely. It's N - 1 for now.

It's an '03 Gunnar (Waterford) RockHound mountain bike frame in beautiful Reynolds 853 steel. It's remarkably similar in measurements to the last Massachusetts-build Fat Chance M/L Yo Eddys that were made just before the Serotta move.

The frame was a rattle can hot mess from the previous owner. I stripped and bead blasted the frame with plans to repaint or powdercoat, or even send it back to Gunnar for a factory refinish. It currently sits in a blasted/stripped and unfinished state hanging on the wall of my shop.

Serial number: E00062

Key specs:
Brakes: Cantilever
Steerer tube: 1 1/8 inch
Seatpost: 27.2mm
Seatpost clamp: 28.6mm
Bottom bracket width/threading: 68mm wide/English (BSA) threading.
Rear dropout spacing: 135mm

Stand over: 29.75
Head Tube Angle: 71.5
Seat Tube Angle: 74
Top Tube Length: C-C: 23.6
Head Tube: 4.134
Chainstay: 16.25
Bottom Bracket Height: 11.875
Wheelbase: 41.7

I'd like to get $350 plus shipping to wherever in the US for the frame, and I'll throw in the seatpost that's in the photos, too. Local pickup is cool, as well (western Chicago suburbs). Could be a really neat project for someone wanting to do something analog and slightly old school (sort of).

(right-click, open in new window for full size images)