YAWHRQT: yet another which hitch rack question thread- Mtbr.com
    Agent of tang
    Aug 2005

YAWHRQT: yet another which hitch rack question thread

I have a Nissan Frontier with a 2" hitch. Need a hitch rack, tray style. I know a few people who have the T2 and they say that's the route I should go. I'm willing to consider others, but nothing more expensive than the T2. I see the Thule Doubletrack, which is cheaper but not sure what I lose by getting that. And not sure what other option there are out there.

Definitely only interested in tray style, and would prefer not to have anything that touches the frame (which it seems the doubletrack does), but maybe that isn't a big issue? Would like it to be reasonably easy to fold up or remove. "Tilt away" is a feature that seems useful, but not sure if I would actually use it. Would I be able to drop the tailgate on the truck if the rack had that feature?

ballbuster

Touching the frame is a bit of an issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwhan
    I have a Nissan Frontier with a 2" hitch. Need a hitch rack, tray style. I know a few people who have the T2 and they say that's the route I should go. I'm willing to consider others, but nothing more expensive than the T2. I see the Thule Doubletrack, which is cheaper but not sure what I lose by getting that. And not sure what other option there are out there.

Definitely only interested in tray style, and would prefer not to have anything that touches the frame (which it seems the doubletrack does), but maybe that isn't a big issue? Would like it to be reasonably easy to fold up or remove. "Tilt away" is a feature that seems useful, but not sure if I would actually use it. Would I be able to drop the tailgate on the truck if the rack had that feature?
    If you want to keep your bikes looking new. I have a Performance Bike X-Port Flatbed, and my biggest gripe about it is that it pinches down hoses/calbes on the top tube of the bike, leaving a dull spot underneath on the frame. On my Singular Swift (my 'pretty' bike... I'd like to keep it that way), I wrap a rag underneath the cables, and the around the outside. That seems to help a bit, but still... and added step I wouldn't have to take with a rack that holds the bike by the wheels.

Dang... maybe I should start looking for a better rack. The Flatbed is decent, and can't beat it for the price, tho.

Agent of tang
    Aug 2005
    yeah, that's why I don't think I want one that touches the frame. I love my 575 too much, and my wife loves her Mach 4 too much.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I've been looking at the Yakima Stickup, but would love to hear more about it or other comparables before I make a purchase.
    earn it on the up, but do it for the down

Members who have read this thread: 0