Yakima Two Timer Issues- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Yakima Two Timer Issues

So back in February I picked up a Yakima Two Timer to use on my Jeep Wrangler, as it was one of the only racks that would fold down and let the rear open. A few months after getting it I noticed that no matter how tightly the knobs were turned they would not hold the mounts in place, it is almost as if they are pinching on one end and expanding on the other.

A few weeks ago I noticed one of the metal arms that hold the trays/tightening bolts was bent. At this point I took it to the LBS I bought it from who looked it over and said something must have hit it, although there are no marks on the rack anywhere? They say they will talk to Yakima and let me know. I get a call that I have some parts in and go to the shop and find it is only the plastic inserts/bolts. The shop says that is all Yakima sent but I believe that is all they asked for.

Has anyone dealt directly with Yakima about warranty issues? The lifetime warranty was a big reason I went with them but six months in it appears there is an issue somewhere.

Big Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by AF2NR View Post
    So back in February I picked up a Yakima Two Timer to use on my Jeep Wrangler, as it was one of the only racks that would fold down and let the rear open. A few months after getting it I noticed that no matter how tightly the knobs were turned they would not hold the mounts in place, it is almost as if they are pinching on one end and expanding on the other.

A few weeks ago I noticed one of the metal arms that hold the trays/tightening bolts was bent. At this point I took it to the LBS I bought it from who looked it over and said something must have hit it, although there are no marks on the rack anywhere? They say they will talk to Yakima and let me know. I get a call that I have some parts in and go to the shop and find it is only the plastic inserts/bolts. The shop says that is all Yakima sent but I believe that is all they asked for.

Has anyone dealt directly with Yakima about warranty issues? The lifetime warranty was a big reason I went with them but six months in it appears there is an issue somewhere.
    Call and deal with Yakima directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk