Yakima Q Tower question.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Yakima Q Tower question.

do these just clamp onto your car with an allen wrench? Does it even make sense to have a lock on the bike?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mark03
    do these just clamp onto your car with an allen wrench? Does it even make sense to have a lock on the bike?
    would you care to ellaborate?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I guess im kindof just confused as to how the towers connect to the car. It looks like the tower part sits on top of the roof, and the clamp connects to the doorframe. That said, whats keeping someone from taking my rack off my car? Can you not take the towers off when the doors are closed or something?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mark03
    I guess im kindof just confused as to how the towers connect to the car. It looks like the tower part sits on top of the roof, and the clamp connects to the doorframe. That said, whats keeping someone from taking my rack off my car? Can you not take the towers off when the doors are closed or something?
    if you use the locks, no
    if you don't, yes

More Torque
    Once the Q towers are installed on the car, they latch closed. If you have the lock cores installed, you lock the latch, so that they cannot unlatched and easily removed.

If the bike mount is locked to the rack, and the bike is locked to the bike mount, the bike is moderately secure from theft. I still would not leave it unattended for long.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    alright thanks for clearing that up for me. Gonna have to order me one.

Members who have read this thread: 0