• 11-04-2009
    a4racer
    Yakima King Cobras not working with Yakima fairing?
    Hey all, I bought a Yak rack this summer--first had a set of Fork Mount racks, but when I got my C'dale with Lefty, swapped one out for a King Cobra. Unfortunately, the KC doesn't fit with the Yak fairing! Yakima's KC instructions say to mount the KC backwards which seems wrong (since the end would be hanging about 18" over the front windshield). Anybody here modify their Yakima fairing to accommodate the King Cobra mount? My dremel hand is itchy...

Thanks!
  • 11-04-2009
    JoelovesDirt
    I modded my wifes fairing on her Impreza. Pretty simple just make a notch for the little red knob to clear. I used a hacksaw so a dremel should be a breeze!
  • 11-04-2009
    a4racer
    Sweet...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JoelovesDirt
    I modded my wifes fairing on her Impreza. Pretty simple just make a notch for the little red knob to clear. I used a hacksaw so a dremel should be a breeze!

Thanks! Coincidentally, I too am rocking an Impreza!

I'll give 'er a try! Any problem getting your hand between the railing and fairing to tighten up the mount?
  • 11-04-2009
    stumpy mcgillicutty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JoelovesDirt

I did the exact same thing with the faring on my civic, It looked ridiculous with the rack backwards. I think I used a cutting wheel on a side grinder since I don't have a dremel at my apt.
  • 11-04-2009
    JoelovesDirt
    Quote:

Originally Posted by a4racer
    Thanks! Coincidentally, I too am rocking an Impreza!

I'll give 'er a try! Any problem getting your hand between the railing and fairing to tighten up the mount?

Yeah that's a b*tch but you only have to do it once!