Yakima Holdup & Lefty, anyone try it?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Yakima Holdup & Lefty, anyone try it?

I've got a Cannondale 29er on order with a Lefty. I'm looking at a Yakima Holdup to replace my fork-mount roof racks. Looking through the instruction manual for the Holdup it says: "CAUTION: If any part of your bike comes in contact with the red trigger, do not use this carrier with that bike." Are the Lefties any slightly wider than a conventional fork? Has anyone had any problems with the fork hitting the trigger on the ratchet mechanism of the rack wheel hook?

I know that the way the rack is set up, one pivot arm is on the drive-side, the other is not, but my riding buddy also has a Lefty so at some point both trays are going to see this fork.
    "An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools. -Ernest Hemingway

code: mtbr2011
    i have used the thule sidearm on a lefty for years, and while it's not the same exact rack, it works perfectly.
    i actually thought all along, that the tray style racks like the holdup and the t2 were designed because of the lefty!

Members who have read this thread: 0