Yakima Holdup- Mtbr.com

Thread: Yakima Holdup

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Yakima Holdup

Has anyone used the new Holdup @ by Yakima? What do you guys think? How does it compare to the Thule T2?

And most importantly, does it fit on the toyota FJ cruiser?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    What year is you cruiser

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

It should fit

I am assuming that your cruiser is an 08 model. If this is true it will fit on your cruiser. If you want more info go to click fit my car on Yakimas website. www.yakima.com You will be able to see what type of rack will fit on your vehicle. As far as the hold up goes I'm not sure. I am asking myself that same question. I like the style of the Yakima tons better!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    My Cruiser is an 07. On the website, it says that it doesnt fit. But Thule said the T2 didnt fit either, but I have seen cruisers with T2's and it looks like it fits fine.

Slowest Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanyRocket
    My Cruiser is an 07. On the website, it says that it doesnt fit. But Thule said the T2 didnt fit either, but I have seen cruisers with T2's and it looks like it fits fine.
    I've found "fit" on Yakima's web site is based on the typical receiver size for your car. Yet you can often get either 1 1/4" or 2" receivers or racks for a given car, and the fit doesn't automatically adjust. My Taurus X crossover didn't fit the HoldUp 2", until on the fit guide I manually selected the 2" receiver that I actually have. Then it said the HoldUp fit after all.
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Does anyone know how much the holdup weighs???

Slowest Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by dumanichi
    Does anyone know how much the holdup weighs???
    No clue. It's not out on Yakima's web site yet. Someone needs to get them a scale.

But here's how you can guess. Racks tend to weigh from 30-50 lbs. The Yakima guys told me the HoldUp was designed to be lighter than the Hookup. So find the older HookUp weight (if you still can) and guess a little lower. My guess would be around 40 lbs.

I gather you're trying to deduce hitch capacity. Same here. As expected for the 2000 lb tow capacity (more like a sedan) and general 10% tongue limit, my Taurus X has only a 200 lb tongue limit, even though my Class III hitch can hold more based on strength of the hitch itself.

Bottom line, if I load four 35 lb bikes at 140 lbs total, I got 60 lbs left over for the HoldUp rack with the HoldUp Plus 2 extension. I expect to make it, especially since many of my friends have bikes under 30 lbs.
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

Members who have read this thread: 0