Yakima Highroller on a tonneau cover?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Yakima Highroller on a tonneau cover?

I searched and didnt see anything on this subject, but...

I have a 2010 Tundra with a hard tonneau cover and was considering the option of putting my bike on top. I know I dont want to remove the front tire, been there done that.

I have considered the 1UP hitch mount, but hitch mounts are inconvenient, I used to have a Sportwerks so i know first hand. And I want my license plate clear because cops dont need ANOTHER reason to f*#k with me.

The Highroller http://www.yakima.com/shop/bike/top/highroller appeals to me because it is fairly stealth and it is just there ready to go all the time.

I was wondering if anyone has ever bolted one directly to their tonneau. I hate the load bar look. It just seemed like a cool option and would be surprised if nobody has done it before.

BTW this is my first post so dont flame me too bad for being a newb.

Thoughts???

code: mtbr2011
    not do-able.
    the underside of the highroller has a bar that extends downwards when raising the hoop to support the front wheel.

the photo is a taken of the underside of the highroller.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yakima Highroller on a tonneau cover?-highroller-underside.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Well damn! I didnt see that when I was at my LBS... Thanks for pointing that one out. Man, I really hate hitch units but I may have to consider the 1UP. Sigh.

mtbr member
    I'm thinking of bolting a highroller to the bed of my truck. My solution is to remove the clamps that hook around a roof rack and cutting some square tubing to run the bolts through to space the bottom of the rack off the bed to clear the linkage. I'm going to take some measurements this weekend to see if it will work. I'll post some pictures if I do it if anyone is interested.

Members who have read this thread: 0