Yakima HighLite Pics- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Yakima HighLite Pics

I just picked this up from my local bike shop a week ago and thought I would put it on the new car and take a couple of pics. The HighLite rack is very light weight and easy to put on and take off the vehicle. You put it in the hitch and then tighten a knob on the bottom and then lock it at the end of the turning knob. There is another cable built into the rack that pulls out and locks around the bikes themselves so they can't be easily taken. The arms fold down too which is a big plus. I am replacing a 4 bike Yakima rack that is very heavy compared to this one and also you could not fold the arms down on that one. Here are a few pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yakima HighLite Pics-rear-bikerack1.jpg  

Yakima HighLite Pics-side2.jpg  

Yakima HighLite Pics-sideup1.jpg  

Yakima HighLite Pics-sideup2.jpg  

Yakima HighLite Pics-front-kia.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    i use a platform carrier and love it. I need to get something like this.

Nice rack, sorry you own a kia.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty1930
    i use a platform carrier and love it. I need to get something like this.

Nice rack, sorry you own a kia.

Haha I figured someone might bust on a Kia, but I have to say coming from my last vehicle, a Jeep Grand Cherokee, I like the ride a lot better on the Kia and I like the huge savings at the pump even more. It's a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder with 176 hp and I went with an All Wheel Drive so I would at least stand a chance in the winter snow.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    lol. I would rather have any Kia than a Jeep Grand Cheroke. Rather have a Wrangler over any of the other two. I work for a Lexus dealership so my next vehicle will be a Lexus. .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty1930
    lol. I would rather have any Kia than a Jeep Grand Cheroke. Rather have a Wrangler over any of the other two. I work for a Lexus dealership so my next vehicle will be a Lexus. .

I think we would both rather be riding our bikes than any of those vehicles.

mtbr member

Yakima Highlite rack with bike

Here are pics with my Stumpjumper FSR on the bike rack. With the weird Stumpjumper frame, I found it worked best to go through the triangle in the frame with the smaller mount on the rack. So I put the bike on the rack the opposite way that I would my hardtail bike. There is no sway so I am happy with doing it that way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yakima HighLite Pics-dayrear-1.jpg  

Yakima HighLite Pics-dayangle-1.jpg  

Yakima HighLite Pics-dayside1.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0