Yak Frontloader vs Thule 594 Sidearm- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Yak Frontloader vs Thule 594 Sidearm

Ok its gotta have the wheels on and has to bolt onto my factory rack.
    Yakima Frontloader or Thule 594XT Sidearm? Which one do you prefer? Pro's and Con's?
    I'm down to these 2 units and can't decide. I have searched the forum and it has not produced what I wanted, its now up to my fellow bikies! I will be hauling 29er adn 26er and also 2 700c bikes. Thanks for all positive input.

mtbr member
    594 XT is awesome.

Get it you'll love it.

I have two and they handle my buddy's 29er (new 29er design for 2010), my road bike and my Santa Cruz Heckler with ease up to 85mph. Bikes are on and off in seconds. It rules. I'm surprised how good it is.

Have no experience with the Yakima but I used to be sell them in an outdoor store and the Thule systems are better. Nicer construction less customer complaints and returns.

Get the locks too. Good stuff.
    "The only way to see this, is to come out here and see it."

code: mtbr2011
    here's one difference not to be overlooked, and it's vehicle dependent....and it could be the difference of whether or not you will be able to open the rear door/hatch without interference.
    the frontloader is going to extend 52" back from the front crossbar.
    the sidearm has 16" extending forward of the front crossbar and about 34" behind it.

so alot of this depends on your vehicle's crossbars and whether or not it will make an impact for you.

Members who have read this thread: 0