Would you carry that flame?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Would you carry that flame?

A New 2009 Saab 9-5 SportCombi for $26 / 28k (manual with visibility pkg) ?
    Last edited by G.G.; 12-28-2009 at 02:22 PM.
    I figure the odds be fifty-fifty.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Really, you want to buy a car from a company that went out of business? Unless you're a collector, going for the long term, no. Saabs depreciate like no other once driven off the lot. I'd buy it new for $9k.

mtbr member
    why would u buy a saab? GM is cutting them because they suck the most out of all the suck cars @ GM...
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    why would u buy a saab? GM is cutting them because they suck the most out of all the suck cars @ GM...
    Saab's fate has yet to be finalized even as of today, Dec 27. A few serious buyers have been talking with GM even after the Striker deal fell through and GM announced that was the end of Saab Automotive.

"GM cars suck" so funny and so out of date. Blind Anti-GM remarks based on anecdotal and outdated evidence and "feelings" so remind me of the blind pro GM feelings people had in the 80's. Sorry to tell you but GM, and Ford, has had a major shift and except for a few examples in their product lines, makes cars second to no one.

Back to the Saab. Even if the company goes away, is sold to Chinese or Indian interests, GM is legally obligated to yo offer service and parts for a while, I think 7 or 11 years I do not really remember. However even though I really like the design of the 94 Combo, I would not buy one. It is a little outdated of a design, while it will not disappear, parts may become very expensive and something like a TDI VW Jetta wagon drives better, get much better mileage and hauls more.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by G.G.
    A New 2009 Saab 9-5 SportCombi for $29 / 30k (manual with visibility pkg) ?
    Hell no.
    I had a Saab before my current ride and it sucked beyond all suck.
    Fit, finish, maintenance... Simply awful.
    Two decades ago I had a GF with one that was superb. Comfy, great in snow, spacious.
    Friends don't let friends buy Saab's.

Members who have read this thread: 0