Will my factory rails hold? Rocky Mount on Jeep WJ...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Will my factory rails hold? Rocky Mount on Jeep WJ...

I've got a 2004 Jeep WJ (Grand Cherokee) with the factory roof rack and rails. I just installed a Rocky Mounts Noose. (I was thrilled to discover Rocky Mounts on here - I used to have a Yakima years ago when I rode, and it's no big surprise that the prices have only got more absurd in the last 10 years since I hung it up). The Noose itself seems rock solid, as does the attachment to the rails. I'm not worried about the bike coming off the tray, but rather I'm just a little worried about the stress on the factory rails - the front rail seems to be flexing down a bit under the weight of the bike.

Anyone else use any sort of tray/rack on Jeep/Mopar factory rails? Ever had trouble?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Yeah, they do seem a little flimsy to me too. I have a 99 Jeep Grand cherokee. On my factory rack I have two 9.5 ft kayaks, and a bike mount wedged in the middle, I've had it fully loaded many times and never had a problem. I would imagine it would be fine. Just double check the rack itself and make sure nothing's cracked or loose. Later.

Members who have read this thread: 0