Who Needs Back Seats Anyways?- Mtbr.com
    Human Crayon

Who Needs Back Seats Anyways?

Before people start pummeling me with questions as to why I would do this....

I autocross my car and being that its small and I am tall, the best I get out of it is a 3 seater. Besides folding seats forward and other down....blah. I just want to throw my bike in the back and go.

So screw it, I pulled the seats out and built a deck to cover the area. I ended up shaving about 60 lbs off the weight of my car for autocrossing, I never drive at lunch time, and loading my camping/biking/snowboarding gear is stupid simple.

If any of you hatch owners out there are thinking about giving it a go, I have a how-to on how I made the rear deck.

Here's the end result:

Yes, my XL - FSR XC fits !! Just pop off the front wheel and in she goes. All tucked into my lil whip:

..:: sleestak ::..
    [SIZE] Matters [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    sweet mod, great idea...too bad its a ford

Human Crayon
    thanks, it's a supercharged sleeper... it can be all the ford it wants
    [SIZE] Matters [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Nice. Definitely a car with a purpose.

BTW, Sleestak, Fill in the words:

Marshall , ????, and Holly. On a routine expedition, then the greatest ?????????, ever known... Plunging down a 1000 feet below. To the land of the ?????

That show rocked. Say hi to Enik for me.

tk

Just Ride!
    Sweet Focus. Is that a SVT? I loved my ZX5 till I totalled the poor thing. Tried looking for a SVT but after a long search ended up with an Suby Outback. Oh well....

Human Crayon
    "Marshall , Will, and Holly. On a routine expedition, met the greatest earthquake ever known... Plunging down a 1000 feet below. To the land of the lost"
    yes, I have been known as the "sleestak" for the past 14 years now.

Pigtire - yes, its an SVT. I love the car to death, its such a great lil ride. Its been very good to me and with all the mods I have done to it, it definitely surprises many.

The utility in this mod has more than paid itself off in effort, for sure. If there is anyone out there with a hatch, they should really consider something like this if they are constantly loading and unloading their gear. Trust me, you wont miss the rear seats at all.
    [SIZE] Matters [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Nice SVTF. I had an '03 SVTF EAP. I somewhat regret selling that thing.
    Signature

Human Crayon
    I bet you do, A1an. They are getting more and more rare as they get mashed up in accidents. I keep seeing them posted up on FocusFanatics and FocalJet, "Totalled my SVT".
    The EAPs are esp nice.
    [SIZE] Matters [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Yeah they do come up wrecked quite a bit. I was on Focaljet for quite a bit back in the day. Local guy bought my old car so I actually see it maybe 3-4 times a year. Car still looks great. I'm happy the new owner is as anal retentive about that car as I was.

Mine was stock with a FRPP shifter and a Focus Sport tuned XCAL2. That tune made a HUGE difference in the way that car ran.

Couple shots of my old SVTF:

Signature

jrm
    mtbr member

i yanked mine out..

i swear the stereo sounds better..too.

Human Crayon
    Very nice ride! I too am a fellow jetter....I go by the same screen name. I am also on FocusFanatics. My mods are too many to list, its a bad bad addiction.
    [SIZE] Matters [/SIZE]

Members who have read this thread: 0