What is the Saris Hassle Free Hitch?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009

What is the Saris Hassle Free Hitch?

One of the racks that I am looking at is the Saris CycleOn or CycleOn Pro. Their website states the difference is the Pro model comes with the Hassle Free Hitch. For the life of me looking at the picture and reading the description I can't figure out what it's purpose is. Does someone know what this is?

Here is the link for it.

http://www.saris.com/p-161-hassle-free-hitch.aspx

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Marketing speak for a wedge-cam system found on various brands of hitch racks...

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    What does it do? Is that what is allows the rack to tilt?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Its a wedge cam system where you turn a dial to take out the wobble in a hitch mount.

mtbr member
    I have this rack and the anti-woble feature is very nice, no banging to clanging, worth the extra $$ IMO.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallsilver1
    I have this rack and the anti-woble feature is very nice, no banging to clanging, worth the extra $$ IMO.
    Almost all mid to high-end bike racks now have anti-wobble mounting systems or you can buy a third party anti-wobble kit for any hitch accessory.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    About 1.5 years ago, Saris abandoned the two models of the Cycle On, keeping just the Cycle On 'Pro'. What's confusing is that they ditched the 'hassle free hitch', but still include the locking cables.

Frustrating, as the price didn't change. I just bought a 2012 Cycle On pro, and was pretty peeved to learn that the hassle-free hitch is no longer part of this product. I'm left kind of wishing I bought a Thule, Yakima, or one of the others.

*sigh*

Members who have read this thread: 0