What companies make vertical-style hitch racks?- Mtbr.com
    NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010

What companies make vertical-style hitch racks?

I was sold on the idea of a hitch rack when I saw a picture of a trailer-hitch welded to a set of casters so the car rack turns into a garage rack. I already have a vertical rack in my garage* so that idea solves the problem of storing the rack when not in use - just keep using it!

I've seen the North Shore racks and so far that's the most likely option. Would love to see more options first though.

I know there are other smaller manufacturers out there, but so far I've been unable to find them. Google searches only lead to a million sites selling the same Yakima / Thule / Kuat / 1Up tray racks.

I've seen the Softride Hang 2/4/5 series though, and that doesn't appeal... Would much rather have the wheels facing the car and the handlebars out back.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

* Just a Harbor Freight thing, not really tall enough, wouldn't recommend it, have to hang bigger bikes by the rear triangle... but it gets the job done. Takes up less floor space than storing the bikes horizontally, and it's easy to roll around when it gets in the way.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Softride: Hitch mounted bike racks

Recon Racks: Recon Rack Co

And of course, North Shore: North Shore Bike Racks

Int'l Man of Leisure
    Like this?

"Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Not sure if good idea.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Draftmaster makes vertical hitch racks. I have an older model that holds 4 bikes and have adapted it to work with my Surly Big Dummy long wheelbase cargo bike. It is a solid rack.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Removed.
    Last edited by jmvdigital; 09-21-2016 at 08:34 AM.

mtbr member

US made vertical rack double as a storage

www.altaracks.com made in Utah, Life time warranty, and pick your own color
    Quote Originally Posted by NWS View Post
    I was sold on the idea of a hitch rack when I saw a picture of a trailer-hitch welded to a set of casters so the car rack turns into a garage rack. I already have a vertical rack in my garage* so that idea solves the problem of storing the rack when not in use - just keep using it!

I've seen the North Shore racks and so far that's the most likely option. Would love to see more options first though.

I know there are other smaller manufacturers out there, but so far I've been unable to find them. Google searches only lead to a million sites selling the same Yakima / Thule / Kuat / 1Up tray racks.

I've seen the Softride Hang 2/4/5 series though, and that doesn't appeal... Would much rather have the wheels facing the car and the handlebars out back.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

* Just a Harbor Freight thing, not really tall enough, wouldn't recommend it, have to hang bigger bikes by the rear triangle... but it gets the job done. Takes up less floor space than storing the bikes horizontally, and it's easy to roll around when it gets in the way.

What companies make vertical-style hitch racks?-img_20180130_164415_990.jpgWhat companies make vertical-style hitch racks?-alex_kim3.jpgWhat companies make vertical-style hitch racks?-cam_2018-.jpgWhat companies make vertical-style hitch racks?-tom_kline.jpg
    Last edited by Alta Racks; 06-07-2018 at 04:02 PM. Reason: add text
    Military grade products at great prices.
    www.altaracks.com
    Not just a bike rack, but a Life rack.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I already bought a rack and stand since starting this thread, but that looks like good stuff. Especially that stand... The stand I got from Recon Racks works, but it doesn't have casters.