Video of 2-cylinder motorcycle vs. 10-cylinder AWD Lamborghini:- Mtbr.com
    RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009

Video of 2-cylinder motorcycle vs. 10-cylinder AWD Lamborghini:

1946:2006:2066
    that was a bit of fun
    "Be not afraid of going slowly but only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Nice video. A co-worker just picked up a new Ducatti an he's already done a sprocket and exhaust as well as several carbon fiber parts. I love the sound of those bikes.

We're going to run as soon as I get the axle buttoned back up on the GN. For some reason in it's old form ([email protected]) I never had a problem with the R6s and other bikes that were rated to be quicker. I don't know if I was exploiting the drivers' lack of skill (or guts) or what it was but I could consistantly beat them from a dig (badly) and from a roll. I haven't had it to the track with it's current combo but it's nearly 100hp more and 300lbs of weight reduction. I've always wanted to run one of the Ducatti twins from a dig to see how well they launch compared to the Japanese bikes.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I truthfuly thought that bike would have run off and hid from the car. In the vid it looked like the guy on the bike might have been playing with the car. From a dead stop, I don't know if the bike will launch as hard as the car. My .02.
    Oldest daughter doesn't ride.

mtbr member
    The big difference is that almost any tool can turn a pretty good lap in a cage, but it takes a huge amount of talent to be any good on the bike (I've done a few track days, but am pretty mediocre, on both).

The bikes have better power to weight, but worse power to drag, ratios. The cars can brake harder and later, both have about the same mid-corner speed (w/o wings, dry pavement), and the bike accelerates harder up until very high speeds.

I currently have a tuned Miata, which is not fast but is the most involving car I've ever driven, and an Aprilia and a Ducati, which are a whole 'nother level as far as the concentration and commitment required, even at a fairly moderate pace.
    This computer system is not intended for use in the operation of nuclear facilities. -Mac

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fallzboater
    The big difference is that almost any tool can turn a pretty good lap in a cage, but it takes a huge amount of talent to be any good on the bike (I've done a few track days, but am pretty mediocre, on both).

The bikes have better power to weight, but worse power to drag, ratios. The cars can brake harder and later, both have about the same mid-corner speed (w/o wings, dry pavement), and the bike accelerates harder up until very high speeds.

I currently have a tuned Miata, which is not fast but is the most involving car I've ever driven, and an Aprilia and a Ducati, which are a whole 'nother level as far as the concentration and commitment required, even at a fairly moderate pace.
    I disagree that anyone can take a car out and turn good times, especially when you're getting into the quicker cars. I've let a friend take a pass in my car and it went mid 12s in the same form that it goes mid 10s with me driving. Try and hold down a 10 second car on any sort of street legal tire on the street and you'll see it's pretty involved as you're skating around at triple digit speeds.

I've run bikes that dead hooked from a 65mph roll while I'm backpedaling and skating around.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    I'll refrain from commenting about what I think about drag vs. road racing. Don't want to piss off any hillbillies.

The equivalent to your car would be something like a turbo 'Busa, which I guarantee is less forgiving.
    Last edited by fallzboater; 12-12-2009 at 06:52 PM.
    This computer system is not intended for use in the operation of nuclear facilities. -Mac

Hail Satin!
    Lets see. Lambo 3100-ish #s full of fuel 530bhp.
    Ducati 415-ish#s full of fuel 180-ishbhp.
    That's a 2.31 power to weight ratio for the ducati and a 5.85 for the Lambo. Hmmm who do you think is gonna win in a 1/4 mile drag race?

And yes ducatis aren't all that fast in the 1/4 compaired to the Japanes bikes. I had an 04 998 and my buddy would just kill me in 1/4 miles races. But I would destroy him on a roadcorse.
    And I don't really mind up setting the rednecks. If you are racing the 1/4 and going less than a 10.5 you're a girl and should take up needlepoint or something
    In the great Ford vs Chevy debate, I choose Porsche.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Going 10.50 in the 1/4 is pretty impressive. Back when I was driving "street" cars, 11.70's to 12.50's was a decent feat, no doubt. None of us had a 10 sec. "street"car. But we were driving "67" Camaro's and "72" Nova's "69" Road Runners and what not but we didn't have 530 hp neither.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009

Excellent explanation.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    If my 40mpg daily commuter couldn't run better than mid-10s at 145 mph in the quarter mile (muffled, DOT tires, on 87 octane pump unleaded), I'd have to try to figure out what was wrong with it.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    I'll refrain from commenting about what I think about drag vs. road racing. Don't want to piss off any hillbillies.

The equivalent to your car would be something like a turbo 'Busa, which I guarantee is less forgiving.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BuickGN
    Nice video. A co-worker just picked up a new Ducatti an he's already done a sprocket and exhaust as well as several carbon fiber parts. I love the sound of those bikes.

We're going to run as soon as I get the axle buttoned back up on the GN.
    Cool. Just make sure to hydrate and stretch before you run, and wear the right shoes. I had my stride analyzed, and I'm currently using Asics GT2130 shoes.

For some reason in it's old form ([email protected]) I never had a problem with the R6s and other bikes that were rated to be quicker.
    "R6s and other bikes" are not "rated to be quicker" than anything. If you're comparing your time slips to what you're reading in magazines, it's apples to oranges.

If your cage only runs mid-10s at 127 mph, you should consider it a gift any time you get past any sporting motorcycle of more than 2 cylinders and 400cc.

I've always wanted to run one of the Ducatti twins from a dig to see how well they launch compared to the Japanese bikes.
    The top tier Ducati motorcycles have dry clutches, and they are extremely hard to launch effectively.

I don't know if your turbo cage is street legal, but here is a 3 year old video of some street bikes (license plates, DOT tires, hand clutch, no wheelie bars, muffled, and on gasoline):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qetr-sPWWFs&feature=fvw

It would appear that if you can't run in the 6s at well over 200 mph, you may have a problem.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Lamborghinis are super cars, but they aren't track cars. I've watched quite a few races where STIs outdid the lambos, simply because they can turn so much better. Usually any Porsche (GT2, GT3, 911Turbo) can best them as well on the track. 3100lbs isn't light for a race car either. Not really all that suprising then.

That said, I'd rather hit the wall at 120mph in the lamborghini.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RIS
    If my 40mpg daily commuter couldn't run better than mid-10s at 145 mph in the quarter mile (muffled, DOT tires, on 87 octane pump unleaded), I'd have to try to figure out what was wrong with it.
    So what is your daily commuter? 10.50's @ 145 on pump gas, come on tell us .

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by skip canfield
    So what is your daily commuter? 10.50's @ 145 on pump gas, come on tell us .
    Yamaha R1. Nothing special.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Don't worry, I'm not worried about some ignorant yuppie calling me a hillbilly because I have a quick street car. Jealousy makes people say all kinds of crazy things and make up all kinds of excuses....
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Cool. Just make sure to hydrate and stretch before you run, and wear the right shoes. I had my stride analyzed, and I'm currently using Asics GT2130 shoes.

"R6s and other bikes" are not "rated to be quicker" than anything. If you're comparing your time slips to what you're reading in magazines, it's apples to oranges.

If your cage only runs mid-10s at 127 mph, you should consider it a gift any time you get past any sporting motorcycle of more than 2 cylinders and 400cc.

The top tier Ducati motorcycles have dry clutches, and they are extremely hard to launch effectively.

I don't know if your turbo cage is street legal, but here is a 3 year old video of some street bikes (license plates, DOT tires, hand clutch, no wheelie bars, muffled, and on gasoline):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qetr-sPWWFs&feature=fvw

It would appear that if you can't run in the 6s at well over 200 mph, you may have a problem.

Making fun of the term "running", really? I'm not going to apolgize for your lack of vocabulary.

My "cage" is street legal, runs on street legal Hoosier Quick Time Pros and pump gas with meth injection.

I said nothing offensive yet you have turned this thing into a flamewar. I guess insecurtiy does that.

All I ever hear from you guys is coulda shoulda woulda but the short of it is I have lost to one bike out of 10-15 that I've run. You all say the same thing and resort to ricer math and power to weight ratios and that's fine but it doesn't alway predict who will cross the line first.

You know exactly what I meant by the ratings unless you're a total idiot which may be the case. I've run bikes that are rated to be quicker by half a second yet saw my tailights. As I said in the earlier post, could've been the rider but again, maybe not. I've taken 300 lbs off the car and added nearly 100rwhp since it ran 10.60.

Don't even get into the "street" part of this. There's hardly anything you can do to make a bike not street legal. Me on the other hand, I have to pass smog, you don't. I have rules to go by. I can take a date in the car, I can commute with it, I can drive it to the store and pick up groceries in comfort and I can throw a carseat in the back for the kids. But I'm flattered my street car upsets you so much.

Here you go, a stock block daily driver GN against the typical **** talking arrogant bike owner. Let the excuses begin!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GkzRJnMGY20&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GkzRJnMGY20&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Finish:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HyjeepWQIRY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HyjeepWQIRY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Yes, you've got that right...
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    From what I've seen the R1 is something that requires "special" attention while at the controls.

mtbr member
    Don't worry, I'm not worried about some ignorant yuppie calling me a hillbilly because I have a quick street car. Jealousy makes people say all kinds of crazy things and make up all kinds of excuses....
    Quick is a relative term. How quick is it in the real world were streets make turns? I'm not going to start a pissing contest. I just don't understand why people get in to drag racing. So you can go fast in a striate line whats so special about that?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chewymilk99
    Lets see. Lambo 3100-ish #s full of fuel 530bhp.
    Ducati 415-ish#s full of fuel 180-ishbhp.
    That's a 2.31 power to weight ratio for the ducati and a 5.85 for the Lambo. Hmmm who do you think is gonna win in a 1/4 mile drag race?

And yes ducatis aren't all that fast in the 1/4 compaired to the Japanes bikes. I had an 04 998 and my buddy would just kill me in 1/4 miles races. But I would destroy him on a roadcorse.
    And I don't really mind up setting the rednecks. If you are racing the 1/4 and going less than a 10.5 you're a girl and should take up needlepoint or something
    I totally agree. How many sub 10.5 street cars have you owned? Fictitious or "I've never had it to the track but it should run xxx" doesn't count. I surely hope you don't fall into the "girl" category but I suspect you do.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser
    Quick is a relative term. How quick is it in the real world were streets make turns? I'm not going to start a pissing contest. I just don't understand why people get in to drag racing. So you can go fast in a striate line whats so special about that?
    People with this attitude have never driven a quick car or they would not make comments like this..... or they don't have a fast car and make excuses. I wanted something that's fun on the drive to work. Taking corners hard on public streets is not safe nor is it as much fun. However, a few seconds of acceleration that plants your head to the headrests sure is fun. Besides, you can see just how much it upsets the internet heros, real life is even better.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    People with this attitude have never driven a quick car or they would not make comments like this..... or they don't have a fast car and make excuses. I wanted something that's fun on the drive to work. Taking corners hard on public streets is not safe nor is it as much fun. However, a few seconds of acceleration that plants your head to the headrests sure is fun. Besides, you can see just how much it upsets the internet heros, real life is even better.

mtbr member

And you would be wrong. I have driven a sub 9 second big block 68 camaro. And i have a 99 triumph daytona 955i thats a sub 10 second bike. And as far as taking corners fast not being fun. Only people i know that say that don't know know to do it right. I ride fast on the street and i ride even faster on the track. And my rush lasts lap after lap after lap.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    And you would be wrong. I have driven a sub 9 second big block 68 camaro. And i have a 99 triumph daytona 955i thats a sub 10 second bike. And as far as taking corners fast not being fun. Only people i know that say that don't know know to do it right. I ride fast on the street and i ride even faster on the track.
    Good for you! You want a for admitting to driving like an idiot on the street. Congratulations. You bike guys sure are a defensive crowd.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Good for you! You want a for admitting to driving like an idiot on the street. Congratulations. You bike guys sure are a defensive crowd.

I don't have to admit to any thing. And I think your the one being defensive here. Just because I except more risk then you do doesn't make you right and me wrong. But just between me and you the canyon roads I ride the motorcycle on at triple digits are more fun at 50 or 60 on my road bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Making fun of the term "running", really? I'm not going to apolgize for your lack of vocabulary.

My "cage" is street legal, runs on street legal Hoosier Quick Time Pros and pump gas with meth injection.

I said nothing offensive yet you have turned this thing into a flamewar. I guess insecurtiy does that.

All I ever hear from you guys is coulda shoulda woulda but the short of it is I have lost to one bike out of 10-15 that I've run. You all say the same thing and resort to ricer math and power to weight ratios and that's fine but it doesn't alway predict who will cross the line first.

You know exactly what I meant by the ratings unless you're a total idiot which may be the case. I've run bikes that are rated to be quicker by half a second yet saw my tailights. As I said in the earlier post, could've been the rider but again, maybe not. I've taken 300 lbs off the car and added nearly 100rwhp since it ran 10.60.

Don't even get into the "street" part of this. There's hardly anything you can do to make a bike not street legal. Me on the other hand, I have to pass smog, you don't. I have rules to go by. I can take a date in the car, I can commute with it, I can drive it to the store and pick up groceries in comfort and I can throw a carseat in the back for the kids. But I'm flattered my street car upsets you so much.

Here you go, a stock block daily driver GN against the typical **** talking arrogant bike owner. Let the excuses begin!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GkzRJnMGY20&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GkzRJnMGY20&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    That car launched really hard, Damn.

Finish:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HyjeepWQIRY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HyjeepWQIRY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Holy Shizzle batman. Thats badass.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I don't have to admit to any thing. And I think your the one being defensive here. Just because I except more risk then you do doesn't make you right and me wrong. But just between me and you the canyon roads I ride the motorcycle on at triple digits are more fun at 50 or 60 on my road bike.
    Me defensive? Let's recap. Here's my original post. Show me where I was out of line.

We're going to run as soon as I get the axle buttoned back up on the GN. For some reason in it's old form ([email protected]) I never had a problem with the R6s and other bikes that were rated to be quicker. I don't know if I was exploiting the drivers' lack of skill (or guts) or what it was but I could consistantly beat them from a dig (badly) and from a roll. I haven't had it to the track with it's current combo but it's nearly 100hp more and 300lbs of weight reduction. I've always wanted to run one of the Ducatti twins from a dig to see how well they launch compared to the Japanese bikes.

Now here's a response to my post....

Then this jewel in which I was called a hillbilly from someone who has never met me....

Then this one calling me a redneck and a girl for "only" having a 10.60 car......

How about this ignorant post trying to make fun of my use of the word "run" like a 5 year old.....

I'm sure there will be many more to follow. Tell me, who's defensive? Read my original post complimenting the bike and then read all the quotes that followed. But again, I would expect nothing less from the internet heros on here.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

A turbo 'Busa is the equivilent to my car? Stop now, I'm embarassed for you.

Sure, add a turbo to the 'Busa to make it fair just as long as you:

Add 3,000lbs to your bike.
    Lower your redline to 6,000rpm
    Run a single cam in block with pushrods.

You know what they say about excuses...
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by skip canfield
    Going 10.50 in the 1/4 is pretty impressive. Back when I was driving "street" cars, 11.70's to 12.50's was a decent feat, no doubt. None of us had a 10 sec. "street"car. But we were driving "67" Camaro's and "72" Nova's "69" Road Runners and what not but we didn't have 530 hp neither.
    I miss those days. I remember in '94 when I first got my car and running 12.90s it rarely got beat. Nowdays you've got quite a few factory cars running that fast. What it's come down to is who can hook at steet legal speeds, not who has more power. That's why I've chosen to stay at this level since it is a street car. Besides, it's like a ticking timebomb on the stock bottom end.

Turbo technology and electronics have come very far. What used to require a 3,800 stall and a large cam with a lopey idle now has nearly stock drivability. Mine sounds almost bone stock.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    So you found a video on the internet someone else street-racing against a motorcyclist who couldn't ride.

Here is a video of some riding buddys of mine, racing against a 1000 horsepower supercharged Dodge Viper with methanol injection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjWUgI_PUTs

The video is about 20 minutes long (in two parts), with multiple camera angles, multiple riders, and multiple bikes. A little more telling than one 12-second take.

The first bike (mis-matched black/blue/silver) is Danno's. It is a complete floor-sweep bike, is completely stock (right down to the mufflers), and had the wrong map loaded in the computer. It was actually slower than a stock Hayabusa. Danno is about 6'4" and 240 pounds. He didn't even tuck in fully, and pretty much held his own against the cage.

The second bike (copper) is Gregg's. Note that Gregg also used it as the camera bike in the other races. It is typical of the average Hayabusa that you'd be likely to encounter on the street. Mostly just an aftermarket exhaust pipe. Gregg is a big dude. Probably 6'4" and 280 pounds, and didn't even bother to put the OEM aerodynamic tail hump on. Because of the camera mounted on his tank, he was unable to tuck in. He pretty much walked away from the cage, even when filming the other races.

The third bike (carbon fiber) is Nick's. Nick also is a really big dude. Over 6' and about 240 pounds. His bike is modified, and simply drops the cage as if the cage had shut off.

A normal-sized rider would make something like this even more lop-sided than it already is. Cagers talk a mean story, but where the rubber meets the road, there really isn't a lot of difference between a Prius and a Ferrari from our perspective.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    So you found a video on the internet someone else street-racing against a motorcyclist who couldn't ride.

Here is a video of some riding buddys of mine, racing against a 1000 horsepower supercharged Dodge Viper with methanol injection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjWUgI_PUTs

The video is about 20 minutes long (in two parts), with multiple camera angles, multiple riders, and multiple bikes. A little more telling than one 12-second take.

The first bike (mis-matched black/blue/silver) is Danno's. It is a complete floor-sweep bike, is completely stock (right down to the mufflers), and had the wrong map loaded in the computer. It was actually slower than a stock Hayabusa. Danno is about 6'4" and 240 pounds. He didn't even tuck in fully, and pretty much held his own against the cage.

The second bike (copper) is Gregg's. Note that Gregg also used it as the camera bike in the other races. It is typical of the average Hayabusa that you'd be likely to encounter on the street. Mostly just an aftermarket exhaust pipe. Gregg is a big dude. Probably 6'4" and 280 pounds, and didn't even bother to put the OEM aerodynamic tail hump on. Because of the camera mounted on his tank, he was unable to tuck in. He pretty much walked away from the cage, even when filming the other races.

The third bike (carbon fiber) is Nick's. Nick also is a really big dude. Over 6' and about 240 pounds. His bike is modified, and simply drops the cage as if the cage had shut off.

A normal-sized rider would make something like this even more lop-sided than it already is. Cagers talk a mean story, but where the rubber meets the road, there really isn't a lot of difference between a Prius and a Ferrari from our perspective.
    Do you believe the crap that comes out of your mouth? Your buddy's bike was stock yet somehow it ended up with the wrong map loaded in it, making it slower than stock??? I hate it when that happens.One time I bought my car brand new and it had a Prius map loaded in it, don't know how that happened

Of course the driver couldn't ride if the bike lost right.... I guess the Viper owner couldn't drive either since we're making excuses. Keep talking, I would expect nothing less.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    You apparently don't ride, so you may not understand without having it explained to you.

Like I said, Danno's bike was a floor-sweep bike. That means that it was made out of a bunch of cast-off parts. That's why the bodywork doesn't match. It had no performance parts added, and even ran a stock exhaust system, right down to the mufflers. The engine's ECU was intended for another application, and had a map loaded for that different application, making it wrong (and therefore slower) for this bike.

A stock Gixxer 750 runs about 135 mph or so in the quarter mile. If launched correctly, they are capable of an ET as fast as about 10.25.

Your video shows a cage putting an easy three seconds on the bike in about 12 seconds time. That means that you've either got about a 7.25 car, or, for whatever reasons, the operator of the motorcycle couldn't ride, and put in about a 13.25 (or so) performance. I think the latter is probably closer to the truth.

Anybody who's ever ridden can look at that video and tell that the operator of the bike began moving like he was pulling away from a stoplight. He's sitting bolt upright, the throttle is not open, the clutch is not beling slipped, and the front wheel is not coming up.

Acceleration on a bike like this is wheelie-limited up to about 100 mph or so. That's why an actual rider will launch with his chin on the tank, and slide the clutch all the way through first gear (nearly 100 mph), trying to keep the front wheel down.

The video you linked is lame, and anyone who knows anything can tell.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    This is an example of a good rider:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyFHr...eature=related

The bike has an aftermarket exhaust pipe and is lowered, but the chassis is otherwise stock, and the engine is built from OEM parts. DOT tires, stock wheelbase, muffled, on gasoline, hand clutch, and foot-shifted. No turbo, no nitrous, no internal engine performance parts, no porting, no wheelie bar, no slick, no slider/lockup clutch, no air shifter, etc.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    You apparently don't ride, so you may not understand without having it explained to you.

Like I said, Danno's bike was a floor-sweep bike. That means that it was made out of a bunch of cast-off parts. That's why the bodywork doesn't match. It had no performance parts added, and even ran a stock exhaust system, right down to the mufflers. The engine's ECU was intended for another application, and had a map loaded for that different application, making it wrong (and therefore slower) for this bike.

A stock Gixxer 750 runs about 135 mph or so in the quarter mile. If launched correctly, they are capable of an ET as fast as about 10.25.

Your video shows a cage putting an easy three seconds on the bike in about 12 seconds time. That means that you've either got about a 7.25 car, or, for whatever reasons, the operator of the motorcycle couldn't ride, and put in about a 13.25 (or so) performance. I think the latter is probably closer to the truth.

Anybody who's ever ridden can look at that video and tell that the operator of the bike began moving like he was pulling away from a stoplight. He's sitting bolt upright, the throttle is not open, the clutch is not beling slipped, and the front wheel is not coming up.

Acceleration on a bike like this is wheelie-limited up to about 100 mph or so. That's why an actual rider will launch with his chin on the tank, and slide the clutch all the way through first gear (nearly 100 mph), trying to keep the front wheel down.

The video you linked is lame, and anyone who knows anything can tell.
    Blah blah blah. Excuses are all I hear from you. I'm sure they went to all the trouble of meeing up with 20 people out there and videotaping it but the rider only went partial throttle. Shut up with the excuses. The GN is a bottom 9 second car, the bike just didn't have enough. That's how it works on the street. You can bench race all you want but in the end it's whoever crosses the line first in real life. You don't hear me saying how the GN did a lazy lauch too. He doesn't get into boost until he's well into second gear. We could do this all day long but it doesn't matter. The car won, the bike lost, end of story. Accept it like a man, not a little ***** that makes excuses.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    This is an example of a good rider:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyFHr...eature=related

The bike has an aftermarket exhaust pipe and is lowered, but the chassis is otherwise stock, and the engine is built from OEM parts. DOT tires, stock wheelbase, muffled, on gasoline, hand clutch, and foot-shifted. No turbo, no nitrous, no internal engine performance parts, no porting, no wheelie bar, no slick, no slider/lockup clutch, no air shifter, etc.
    You're not fooling anyone. An engine built from OEM parts means nothing. There are many things you can do from an OEM parts bin and you know it. I'm also runing an "OEM" bottom end with the exception of the pistons. Would I tell someone else with a GN to try making 700hp at the crank on a factory stock shotblock, no because it would end up all over the pavement. Let's be honest here.

"Is lowered, but the chassis is otherwise stock". Again, you're not going to get away with that one. I could say I'm using stock suspension mounting points therefore my chassis is stock. I know exactly what the advantages are to a lower chassis on a bike.

DOT tires.... I like that one. My car rides aound on DOT approved tires too. But they're still wrinkle wall slicks with a couple grooves cut in them for DOT approval. I race the TL at Willow Springs and it rides around on Nitto NT01s and now NT05s. Again, you're not fooling anyone.

Regardless of the internet retards, the bike crowd has always been very nice. While some of the car guys get butt hurt and won't pull up beside me, the bike guys have always made me pull over to see what I had under the hood and I always get a thumbs up from them. I pulled up next to the one that destroyed me and the guy shook his head like I was retarded for even trying. He put about 5 cars on me to 125mph and while I got destroyed he was impressed that a car stayed that close, that made me feel a little better.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    ...The GN is a bottom 9 second car, the bike just didn't have enough.
    So three seconds would make for a 12 second GSXR750- I'm trying to be polite, but the video was staged.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    An engine built from OEM parts means nothing.
    I'll spell it out for you. The block, head, and all internal and external parts are stock. They are allowed to surface the head. The throttle bodies, injectors, and airbox are also stock.

The only aftermarket part is the pipe.

"Is lowered, but the chassis is otherwise stock". Again, you're not going to get away with that one. I could say I'm using stock suspension mounting points therefore my chassis is stock. I know exactly what the advantages are to a lower chassis on a bike.
    The advantage is about one tenth of a second per inch. The bike is lowered three inches. And when I say stock, I mean stock. Stock frame, stock forks, stock swingarm, and stock linkage. They are allowed to use a tie down strap to lower the front, and aftermarket dog bones to lower the rear.

DOT tires.... I like that one. My car rides aound on DOT approved tires too. But they're still wrinkle wall slicks with a couple grooves cut in them for DOT approval.
    These bikes use actual street-type DOT-approved radial tires, not wrinkle-wall slicks with DOT grooving. Due to the stock wheelbase and high center of gravity, they carry enough static weight and transfer enough weight that they are not traction-limited. They would probably run pretty close to what they run now, using OEM tires.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    My street legal Hayabusa ran fastest on pump 87 octane unleaded, and was capable of running deep into the 9s at the stock wheelbase and ride height. It could also pull well over 1g of lateral acceleration, all on the same DOT approved radial tires.

What kind of gas does a low 9 second turbo cage run on, anyway? (Keep in mind that I rarely ask a question that I do not already know the answer to.)

And how well does it corner on wrinklewall slicks?

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    ...My "cage" is street legal, runs on street legal Hoosier Quick Time Pros...

http://www.hoosiertire.com/specdrag.htm#QUICK TIME PRO

NOTE: D.O.T. Labeled Hoosier Racing Tires meet Department of Transportation requirements for marking and performance only and are NOT INTENDED FOR HIGHWAY USE. It is unsafe to operate any Hoosier Racing Tire including DOT tires on public roads. The prohibited use of Hoosier Racing Tires on public roadways may result in loss of traction, unexpected loss of vehicle control, or sudden loss of tire pressure, resulting in a vehicle crash and possible injury or death.

mtbr member
    This is stupid argument. Drag racers just have no appreciation for the skill and time it takes to be a good road racer. Drag racing is easy and any one can spend a bunch of money and make a car fast. But no one can buy the skill it takes a to fast on a motorcycle. Its almost like a form of art. When its dun well its so good but when it goes wrong its really bad. Like I posted earlier i just don't get whats so grate about it drag racing. So you go really fast for a few seconds so what. All it proves is you spent more money then the guy next to you.

Edit: The more that I think about it drag racing is kind of like a contest over who has the biggest bolt on penis.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    My street legal Hayabusa ran fastest on pump 87 octane unleaded, and was capable of running deep into the 9s at the stock wheelbase and ride height. It could also pull well over 1g of lateral acceleration, all on the same DOT approved radial tires.

What kind of gas does a low 9 second turbo cage run on, anyway? (Keep in mind that I rarely ask a question that I do not already know the answer to.)

And how well does it corner on wrinklewall slicks?
    You may think you know but in reality you don't. 91 pump and methanol injection. The meth only kicks in when boost goes above 15psi, actually starts at 8psi so it's there by the time 15psi arrives. I don't hit boost at all during normal driving and a gallon of methanol was lasting a few weeks depending on how I drove it. I'll admit that I'll run 100 octane once in a while for insurance on some of the tougher runs but it's tuned for pump+ meth.

So we're back to the cornering thing, huh?

How many people can you carry comfortably on your bike?
    How many groceries can you fit?
    How comfortable is it in the winter or rain?
    How do you like a vehicle with a <40,000 mile engine life expectancy?
    How do you like being a sitting duck at redlights?

We can make excuses all day...... But a word of advise, a guy on a bike should never talk practicality and streetability with a car owner, you lose just because it's got two wheels.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    You may think you know but in reality you don't. 91 pump and methanol injection. The meth only kicks in when boost goes above 15psi, actually starts at 8psi so it's there by the time 15psi arrives. I don't hit boost at all during normal driving and a gallon of methanol was lasting a few weeks depending on how I drove it. I'll admit that I'll run 100 octane once in a while for insurance on some of the tougher runs but it's tuned for pump+ meth.
    I didn't ask about your mid 10 second turd. I asked what kind of gas a low 9 second turbo cage uses.

I think you may be the one that's "tuned for pump+ meth".

How many people can you carry comfortably on your bike?
    Two. My wife and I did over 2000 miles in one weekend on our honeymoon (she slept on the bike), and in that exact condition the bike passed NHRA tech for a 9-second vehicle.

How many people can you carry comfortably in a 9 second cage? (with a full roll cage as required by NHRA)

And the NHRA allows neither one of us to carry a passenger while racing.

How many groceries can you fit?
    All of them. I haven't owned a cage for about a decade.

How comfortable is it in the winter or rain?
    I've ridden the Hayabusa in the snow (I'd like to see you try that on wrinkle wall slicks), and we road race in the rain. Drag racers don't race in the rain, do they.

How do you like a vehicle with a <40,000 mile engine life expectancy?
    How would I know? I've never seen a modern liquid-cooled Japanese inline 4-cylinder motorcycle engine wear out. I just keep changing the oil and riding. With over 60,000 miles on my last two bikes, they just keep getting faster and faster.

How do you like a vehicle with a 1000 foot engine life expectancy? And how do you think the rest of us feel about sweeping rice hull ash for an hour in the blazing sun while trying to keep an eye out for your last main bearing cap?

How do you like being a sitting duck at redlights?
    Life is risky. I've been hit twice on the street (never at a stop light). But you have to keep in mind the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Bill S
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Last edited by RIS; 12-14-2009 at 05:28 PM.

How do I do that?
    Holy crap, LMAO!

I'm not gonna waste my time and have a pissin' contest about this and that but the whole drag racing point should not have been included in this thread IMO.

I have no problems with folks enjoying their drag cars as I love all 4 and 2 wheeled vehicles but don't try to compare ones skill at going straight for 10 seconds or going straight, turning left, turning right, shifting up as well as down and braking hundreds of times in a race.

Yes, it takes skill to be a competitive drag racer like many things in life but IMO, it's not a fair comparison.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I didn't ask about your mid 10 second turd. I asked what kind of gas a low 9 second turbo cage uses.
    Are you trying to make more excuses? Why does it matter what kind of gas it runs on? Let me guess, you want me to say C16 and then you can say "it's a race car and my bike runs on 50 octane and goes 6s" FYI, many of the 9 second cars run on pump+ meth. Mine made 602 at the wheels, roughly 700hp at the crank. It weighs 3,000lbs. I'll never say it runs 9s until it does but do the math.

Out of curiosity, what have YOU run on YOUR bike? From the sounds of it, it's never been down the strip. But I don't blame you, many feelings get hurt the first time you realize your "7 second" bike is a mid 10s bike.

But again, I'll point out (you made me) that your bike weighs 2,500lbs less, has 10,000rpm more on the tach, and is on the cutting edge of racing technology so get off your highhorse trying to act like you're superior because it runs on 87 octane. You're acting like a little *****, getting all worked up over an old 6 banger family car. You should be ashamed of yourself for having the nerve to even make these comparisons.
    If my car is a turd, what does that make the bikes that I stomped on?
    I think you may be the one that's "tuned for pump+ meth".
    Good one. That would be funny if I were 10 years old. However, people always resort to personal attacks when they're short on substance.

Two. My wife and I did over 2000 miles in one weekend on our honeymoon (she slept on the bike), and in that exact condition the bike passed NHRA tech for a 9-second vehicle.
    Congrats, you and your wife like abuse. Sounds like a fun honeymoon, you know how to romance the ladies.
    How many people can you carry comfortably in a 9 second cage? (with a full roll cage as required by NHRA)

And the NHRA allows neither one of us to carry a passenger while racing.
    Once more than you can. Mine drives like a stocker, feels just like any plush comfortable quiet smooth riding car does. How's that AC in the summer? Heater in the winter?

All of them. I haven't owned a cage for about a decade.
    How I honestly read this, you can't afford a car. Nobody in their right mind has a bike as their only mode of transportation unless they're 18 or can't afford anything else. Then again you can say anything on the internet.

I've ridden the Hayabusa in the snow (I'd like to see you try that on wrinkle wall slicks), and we road race in the rain. Drag racers don't race in the rain, do they.
    You're a moron. Anyone can ride a Hayabusa in the snow but it takes a real idiot to actually attempt it. Are you really comparing my car to a motorcycle in the snow? I'll put my GN with full slicks against your bike in the snow anyday. There's a slight difference in the outcome if I lost traction vs your bike. Doesn't matter though, unlike you I have a nice car to drive when the weather is bad.

How would I know? I've never seen a modern liquid-cooled Japanese inline 4-cylinder motorcycle engine wear out. I just keep changing the oil and riding. With over 60,000 miles on my last two bikes, they just keep getting faster and faster.
    60,000 mile combined, that's great.... I work with many people that ride Jap bikes, two of them are instructors and I hear it straight from their mouth that 50,000 is practically unheard of.
    How do you like a vehicle with a 1000 foot engine life expectancy? And how do you think the rest of us feel about sweeping rice hull ash for an hour in the blazing sun while trying to keep an eye out for your last main bearing cap?
    ???? Was that an attempt at humor? I'm honestly confused. Current engine has 65,000 miles on it and the last leakdown showed <1% leakdown. It has over 300,000 on the axle which finally gave up with the last 16 years worth of 1.4 sec 60' launches.

Life is risky. I've been hit twice on the street (never at a stop light). But you have to keep in mind the following:
    I'm totally convinced now that I read that quote.

I've never been hit. Some of us have responsibilities beyond finding the next bar to get drunk at.

This has been lots of fun, I love arguing with angry little people that measure their worth and size by how fast their e-bike is. So sad an old '80s 6 cylinder family car can piss you off so badly.

I'm embarrassed that I've responded to half of this nonsense. I'm not an excuse maker and never would have said anything about the inherent shortcomings of your bike had you not gotten completely butthurt over my street car and started with the diarrhea of the mouth.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Gong
    Holy crap, LMAO!

I'm not gonna waste my time and have a pissin' contest about this and that but the whole drag racing point should not have been included in this thread IMO.

I have no problems with folks enjoying their drag cars as I love all 4 and 2 wheeled vehicles but don't try to compare ones skill at going straight for 10 seconds or going straight, turning left, turning right, shifting up as well as down and braking hundreds of times in a race.

Yes, it takes skill to be a competitive drag racer like many things in life but IMO, it's not a fair comparison.
    I can respect a civil opinion like this. There's no less skill involved in drag racing assuming you're running a fast car, it's just a different skill. A road racer is not going to get in a drag car and beat a drag racer's time just like a drag racer won't get into a road racer and beat his times.

I'm not sure why it's assumed drag racers don't corner too. I've spent plenty time at Willow in several different cars including my TL and an 800hp LS1 Camaro. I've even taken the GN to a couple auto-x events for fun. However, I've concentrated my efforts on drag racing my GN since a quick car is much more fun to drive on the street where the cornering limit cannot be safely pushed. A good cornering car is fun on backroads but there's nothing like the feel of 620lbs of torque at the wheels pushing you in the chest on the way to work.

I've spent lots of time getting the TL ready for Willow. Wilwood 13" brakes, Nitto NT05 tires as it's street tire, every suspension mod known to man but only lowered 1" to retain it's daily driver status. I have nowhere near enough spring but it's a compromise. It's FWD and a little awkward to drive at the limit the first few times but fun none the less.

I'm currently stuffing a mild nearly stock 500hp GN engine into a 1,900lb Opel GT with a 6speed manual which will be more of a road race car than drag race
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

ballbuster

I dunno....

... I've driven a few Heavy Metal 'fast in a straight line' cars with live axles and leaf springs (nothing 500+ hp, tho) that can't corner worth a crap. I'll take my 205 hp A4 that corners on rails and drives very point and shoot, thank you.

Don't get me wrong. I can totally see why somebody would dig drag racing. Not my cupatea tho.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Why is it that everyone feels the need to volunteer their opinion of drag racing in this thread?

Like it or not, it's the most important and easiest to exploit trait of a street car.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    how exactly is it the most important? Maybe to you but not to the auto industry and not to the general public.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    So three seconds would make for a 12 second GSXR750- I'm trying to be polite, but the video was staged.
    What's it like to be oblivious to reality? I want whatever you're on. Ricer math won't save you but I find if funny you pull these excuses out of your ass with video evidence in front of you.

The bike lost, nothing was staged. Get over it.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    how exactly is it the most important? Maybe to you but not to the auto industry and not to the general public.
    You can't exploit the handling limits on public roads. Besides that, 99% of people will never take their car to an auto-x or road course. However, it's safe to say that everyone with even a semi-sporty car will engage in a drag race. Look on any automotive forum in the racing section. They're filled with drag races and little to no road racing. Sorry if this hurts your feelings but straight line acceleration is what's used to compare cars in real life. Say what you want but the truth is the truth.

Handling numbers are for people to brag about when they lose a drag race.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

How do I do that?
    Dude, I' grew up with gear heads and the majority of my friends were muscle car loving drag racing guys. I must have spent a good quarter century arguing with plenty of straight line meatheads that there's more to cars than just going straight. No matter though, we still got along and spent plenty of nights in Queens and Brooklyn to catch the illegal street races back in the late 80's & early 90's. I grew up loving pretty much anything with wheels. If it has a motor, I have a respect and a interest in it.

Anyway, others probably presumed you were probably one of the die hard drag racing nuts who never give road racing a time of day. Between the BuickGN name and you mentioning that your gonna 'drag' race your friends Duc gave the wrong impression IMO. I also thought you were 'drag only' kind of guy as well when I first read your posts.

Speaking of GN's, I remember one of my high school friends old man had GNX #147( if memory serves me correct) back in the late 80's that we used to drool over. A friend of mine has a GN that runs 10's that his wife ran a couple weeks ago for the first time. She actually pulled a 11.76 on her first run. How bad ass is that for his 'wife' to run 11's? Aside from his pristine '71 Camaro SS, he's now building a '88 Stang with an Incon twin turbo setup that I can't wait to see. Now he's a straight line type of guy, thats for sure.

Anyway, gear heads will always argue for the sake of arguing IMO. Chevy vs Ford, Porsche vs. Ferrari(Porsche by a mile), Japanese vs. American, turbo vs. supercharging, road racing vs. drag racing, etc., etc. There's just no point IMO, they all run on gas, stir our emotions and empty out our wallets. Just have fun with what you like and keep an open mind

BTW, what year TL? You can't possibly be racing a 01-03 with that notorious transmission. I've had mine replaced at 29,000. If it wasn't for that POS tranny, I'd probably keep the car a lot longer and not plan on getting something else next year

Anyway, this thread would have been a lot better if that Lambo had raced around the track with a roof rack and a couple of bikes mounted on it IMO

mtbr member
    You can't exploit the handling limits on public roads. Besides that, 99% of people will never take their car to an auto-x or road course. However, it's safe to say that everyone with even a semi-sporty car will engage in a drag race. Look on any automotive forum in the racing section. They're filled with drag races and little to no road racing. Sorry if this hurts your feelings but straight line acceleration is what's used to compare cars in real life. Say what you want but the truth is the truth.

Thats why 99.9% of the public in this country drive trucks,SUVs, and eco boxes that cant do a 0 to 60 faster then 8 or 10 sec. I'm sorry but your totally wrong. Most people don't care about how fast there POS can go.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Gong
    Dude, I' grew up with gear heads and the majority of my friends were muscle car loving drag racing guys. I must have spent a good quarter century arguing with plenty of straight line meatheads that there's more to cars than just going straight. No matter though, we still got along and spent plenty of nights in Queens and Brooklyn to catch the illegal street races back in the late 80's & early 90's. I grew up loving pretty much anything with wheels. If it has a motor, I have a respect and a interest in it.

Anyway, others probably presumed you were probably one of the die hard drag racing nuts who never give road racing a time of day. Between the BuickGN name and you mentioning that your gonna 'drag' race your friends Duc gave the wrong impression IMO. I also thought you were 'drag only' kind of guy as well when I first read your posts.

Speaking of GN's, I remember one of my high school friends old man had GNX #147( if memory serves me correct) back in the late 80's that we used to drool over. A friend of mine has a GN that runs 10's that his wife ran a couple weeks ago for the first time. She actually pulled a 11.76 on her first run. How bad ass is that for his 'wife' to run 11's? Aside from his pristine '71 Camaro SS, he's now building a '88 Stang with an Incon twin turbo setup that I can't wait to see. Now he's a straight line type of guy, thats for sure.

Anyway, gear heads will always argue for the sake of arguing IMO. Chevy vs Ford, Porsche vs. Ferrari, Japanese vs. American, turbo vs. supercharging, road racing vs. drag racing, etc., etc. There's just no point IMO, they all run on gas, stir our emotions and empty out our wallets. Just have fun with what you like and keep an open mind

BTW, what year TL? You can't possibly be racing a 01-03 with that notorious transmission? I've had mine replaced at 29,000. If it wasn't for that POS tranny, I'd probably keep the car a lot longer and not plan on getting something else next year

Anyway, this thread would have been a lot better if that Lambo had raced around the track with a roof rack and a couple of bikes mounted on it IMO
    I agree 100%.
    I want to thank you for keeping an open mind, it's refreshing in this thread.

I like all forms of racing. Going to Willow Springs was a blast and just as much fun if not more fun than drag racing. But given the choice to have a street car that corners good or goes fast in a straight line I choose a straight line because I love the feeling of violent acceleration. Unfortunately I got attacked for even mentioning drag racing.

I have an '06 TL 5at, basically the same trans as yours. I actually found a cure for the 3rd gear shudder and torque convertor shudder. My trans builder laughed when I told him about the sloppy 3rd gear shifts. Replacing the 3rd and 4th gear sensors has completely cured mine and many, many cars on acurazine.com. I bought it new and it has a few track days and 83,000 miles on it and it shifts like new. I was in the process of saving up for a new trans when I did the sensors 20,000 miles ago. I believe yours also had the lube problem to second gear if I remember right. If you still have it, I encourage you to try these sensors, I can give you a link to the thread I started if you would like.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thats why 99.9% of the public in this country drive trucks,SUVs, and eco boxes that cant do a 0 to 60 faster then 8 or 10 sec. I'm sorry but your totally wrong. Most people don't care about how fast there POS can go.
    That went straight over your head.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    That went straight over your head.

No I'm afraid your the one that thats missed it. You calmed that straight line speed was the most important trait in a car. It might be to you and a vary small group of people. But not to the general public or we would all be driving 500hp monsters. A car that handles well is way more important to the public. Lets face it you can talk all you want and post all the videos you want. But that changes and proves nothing. 99.9% of car byers want a nice car that handles safely and gets good MPG. Thats why every one uses skid pad tests and braking tests as well as 0 to 60 times to test cars. Just because you only care about one number doesn't make it the most important. And quit with all the Net hero and accusing people of being closed minded. Your the one that is doing every thing you can to get some one to tell you that your car is hot. And your the one that cant handle that your not getting the reaction that you want. So what ever dude I have way better things then argue with some one on the net. You know there is a saying about opinions. I'm guessing you know what it is.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    Why does it matter what kind of gas it runs on?
    Because once you construct one of those time-bombs, you're never able to wander very far away from your trailer, as your ultra-expensive race gas is not available at most gas stations.

Mine made 602 at the wheels, roughly 700hp at the crank. It weighs 3,000lbs. I'll never say it runs 9s until it does but do the math.
    I did:

3000 pound car, 700 horsepower, would result in a 144 mph terminal velocity, if and when you ever take it to the drag strip. My street legal Hayabusa has run over 147 in the quarter mile (DOT tires, muffled, on pump 87 unleaded), and has never had the valve cover off.

Here- try the math on this one:

550 pounds, 701.32 horsepower, equals...

This is a dyno print out on Hank Booth's '99 Hayabusa:

Out of curiosity, what have YOU run on YOUR bike?
    Significantly faster than you. We wouldn't even be in the same class.

From the sounds of it, it's never been down the strip.
    Doh! Guess again:

(Far lane)

...I work with many people that ride Jap bikes, two of them are instructors and I hear it straight from their mouth that 50,000 is practically unheard of.
    If these are MSF instructors, all of their miles are inside of a parking lot, with air-cooled drop-doggies like the appropriately named Buell B-last. Modern liquid-cooled Japanese bikes are pretty bulletproof.

Current engine has 65,000 miles on it and the last leakdown showed <1% leakdown.
    Wow. Most of the NHRA Comp Eliminator guys would like to have engines that leak less than 1%, and a lot of them freshen their engines after every race weekend.
    Last edited by RIS; 12-16-2009 at 06:17 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Because once you construct one of those time-bombs, you're never able to wander very far away from your trailer, as your ultra-expensive race gas is not available at most gas stations.

I did:

3000 pound car, 700 horsepower, would result in a 144 mph terminal velocity, if and when you ever take it to the drag strip. My street legal Hayabusa has run over 147 in the quarter mile (DOT tires, muffled, on pump 87 unleaded), and has never had the valve cover off.

Here- try the math on this one:

550 pounds, 701.32 horsepower, equals...

This is a dyno print out on Hank Booth's '99 Hayabusa:

Significantly faster than you. We wouldn't even be in the same class.

Doh! Guess again:

If these are MSF instructors, all of their miles are inside of a parking lot, with air-cooled drop-doggies like the appropriately named Buell B-last. Modern liquid-cooled Japanese bikes are pretty bulletproof.

Wow. Most of the NHRA Comp Eliminator guys would like to have engines that leak less than 1%, and a lot of them freshen their engines after every race weekend.
    My car runs on 91, if you consider premium a hard to find race gas, I don't know what to tell you but I'm glad I don't live in your area.

"Significantly faster than you" is not a time. Again it leads me to believe you have never been down the 1/4 mile. If you have, I guess that makes you a "redneck".

Why are you posting dyno charts of other peoples' bikes. Do you also have a fart can, big wing, and stickers on your bike? I could care less what other people run, we're talking about you and me.

Now you're comparing my street car to the Comp Eliminator guys. I'm flattered. But if you knew anything about cars and the way street engines are set up, <1% is amazing after 65,000 miles.

I have no idea what the crap you spout is about Buells and parking lots but you have a talent for talking nonsense.

I bet that bike is fun this time of year.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    600SS bike. Lowered and piped, but otherwise stock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5f_KX1juq4

Like I said, any sporting motorcycle over 2 cylinders and 400cc (ridden correctly) should put you on the trailer.

mtbr member

Like I said, any sporting motorcycle over 2 cylinders and 400cc (ridden correctly) should put you on the trailer.
    I dont know about that, from a dig, a car/(truck ) should launch a heck of a lot harder and have a significantly faster 0-60 foot time. Its very hard for the moto rider to get a great launch. But I can brake-stand all day long spool up the turbo and let her rip, squawk all 4 tires and im off. 0-60 mph in about 4 and a half

Anything with turns and the bike will destroy a straight line car. Also the bike will probably win when it gets up to top speed ie more than 120. The drag coeffienent would be so much less and allow the bike to accelerate much faster 120-170 (or whatever mph is top speed)

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

The video was staged.... Actually I didn't watch it because it's irrelevant.

I assume you're in California. Let's set something up, I'll let you know once the car is buttoned back up. There's been enough talk, win or lose I'm ready to run.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by spazzy
    I dont know about that, from a dig, a car/(truck ) should launch a heck of a lot harder and have a significantly faster 0-60 foot time. Its very hard for the moto rider to get a great launch. But I can brake-stand all day long spool up the turbo and let her rip, squawk all 4 tires and im off. 0-60 mph in about 4 and a half

Anything with turns and the bike will destroy a straight line car. Also the bike will probably win when it gets up to top speed ie more than 120. The drag coeffienent would be so much less and allow the bike to accelerate much faster 120-170 (or whatever mph is top speed)
    Exactly. Bikes have a hard time matching 1.4-1.5 60' numbers.

AWD and turbo and a truck? Do you have a Sy/Ty?
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Exactly. Bikes have a hard time matching 1.4-1.5 60' numbers.

AWD and turbo and a truck? Do you have a Sy/Ty?
    Sy/Ty-esque build you could say, and not mine, but great to drive

2000 S-10 short bed with the 4.3L with a mild build (dont know exactly whats in it, but enough to run 17 lbs of boost without toasting the internals), dropped in a beefier trans (700r I believe). Cat back exaust, and chipped. Brings a smile to your face at a stoplight for sure

I was thinking about doing the same thing to my 2000 Blazer but decided I am far too poor and biking/snowboarding take priority. Ill keep lusting over a rally car/classic muscle if i want to go fast.

ballbuster

Yeah, I don't get this either

And I don't know anybody who would agree with you.

So you can drag to 110 mph or lay rubber from a stop light, but you can't take a car on the twisties on public roads?

This actually makes sense to you?

Maybe you live in Iowa or somewhere where the roads are laser beam straight.

I could give two shiz about bragging rights. I'd rather just enjoy driving my car.
    Last edited by pimpbot; 12-15-2009 at 07:24 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    And I don't know anybody who would agree with you.

So you can drag to 110 mph or lay rubber from a stop light, but you can't take a car on the twisties on public roads?

This actually makes sense to you?

Maybe you live in Iowa or somewhere where the roads are laser beam straight.

I could give two shiz about bragging rights. I'd rather just enjoy driving my car.
    If my car had 205 hp and ran 15s I would probably agree with you.

For the not so smart, I'll lay it out for you. When people engage in an impromptu speed contest on the street, it's a drag race, to see which car is ahead in a straight line at the end. How many people go around "street racing" balls out around corners? Maybe in the Honda/import world but not real life.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    This is stupid argument. Drag racers just have no appreciation for the skill and time it takes to be a good road racer.
    Such a closed mind. So you've interviewed every drag racer on the planet for their opinion of road racing?

Show me anything, just one thing I said putting road racers down or saying it takes no skill. You can't but you're so insecure you jump to conclusions like a whiny *****.

Drag racing is easy and any one can spend a bunch of money and make a car fast. But no one can buy the skill it takes a to fast on a motorcycle. Its almost like a form of art.
    You flat out state that drag racing takes no skill yet you complain about not getting any appreciation for roadracing in the previous paragraph. Shut the **** up you ignorant prick.
    It takes lots of skill to run a fast drag car. The unfortunate part is you know so little about it that you don't realize what you don't know. "form of art" lololol don't flatter yourself.

I drag race and road race at the track but I only play around in a straight line on the street. I have experience doing both, what's your background? You're another internet badass that has no real experience talking out of your ass.

When its dun well its so good but when it goes wrong its really bad. Like I posted earlier i just don't get whats so grate about it drag racing. So you go really fast for a few seconds so what. All it proves is you spent more money then the guy next to you.
    Once again, pure ignorance. When I'm "dun" drag racing I have a huge rush. I have a much higher peak g-force during lauch then you will ever experience in cornering. I outrun many people with twice as much money into the car. Money has very little to do with it but whatever excuses it takes to make yourself feel better, go for it.

Edit: The more that I think about it drag racing is kind of like a contest over who has the biggest bolt on penis.
    Yes, very intelligent post. Try not thinking next time and save yourself some embarassment. The small dick guys are the ones that got all butt hurt over nothing. I posted that I was getting ready to run a friend's Ducatti and all the little dick guys jumped on me [/QUOTE]

I could care less, unless you and RIS have the balls to race me and back this up, you're just a couple of internet *****es.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    Bikes have a hard time matching 1.4-1.5 60' numbers.
    I was able to produce high 1.5x 60' times on my street legal Hayabusa, without even doing a burn-off, and the bike was raised an inch and a half over the stock ride height. Launched by hand using the stock clutch and stock engine. DOT tires, pump 87 unleaded, though the muffler. Never even had the valve cover off.

Here's a pair of 1.4x 60' times, from a couple of street (SST) Hayabusas. License plates, hand clutch, DOT tires, mufflers, and on gasoline. No slick, no wheelie bar, and no slider or lockup:

And those two bikes are far from the fastest street bikes out there- they're about a second and a half and 30 miles per hour hour off the pace.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    ...I could care less, unless you and RIS have the balls to race me and back this up, you're just a couple of internet *****es.
    Well, you got the easy part done (the talking). We have yet to see photographic evidence that you even own a car.

I've already posted a pic of me on my Hayabusa at the drag strip.

Where do you live? I've got plenty of vacation time to burn, and I may be making a trip to the northwest around the beginning of the year. If you can find a 1/4 mile drag strip in that part of the country that will let us run your cage side-by-side against a bike, I might be able to put something together.

However, I will NOT be wasting any of my time or money until your cage has successfully passed tech for a nine second vehicle, and I'm not even going to waste my time unless you can prove that it runs faster than 10 seconds.

Think before running your mouth though. You indicated that your cage has a top speed of 127 mph, at the end of the quarter mile. A properly set up Hayabusa will trip the 1/8 mile lights (with the rear wheel) at about 127 mph, and that's not even at the top of third gear.

mtbr member
    Such a closed mind. So you've interviewed every drag racer on the planet for their opinion of road racing?

Show me anything, just one thing I said putting road racers down or saying it takes no skill. You can't but you're so insecure you jump to conclusions like a whiny *****.

You flat out state that drag racing takes no skill yet you complain about not getting any appreciation for roadracing in the previous paragraph. Shut the **** up you ignorant prick.
    It takes lots of skill to run a fast drag car. The unfortunate part is you know so little about it that you don't realize what you don't know. "form of art" lololol don't flatter yourself.

I drag race and road race at the track but I only play around in a straight line on the street. I have experience doing both, what's your background? You're another internet badass that has no real experience talking out of your ass.

Once again, pure ignorance. When I'm "dun" drag racing I have a huge rush. I have a much higher peak g-force during lauch then you will ever experience in cornering. I outrun many people with twice as much money into the car. Money has very little to do with it but whatever excuses it takes to make yourself feel better, go for it.

Yes, very intelligent post. Try not thinking next time and save yourself some embarassment. The small dick guys are the ones that got all butt hurt over nothing. I posted that I was getting ready to run a friend's Ducatti and all the little dick guys jumped on me
    I could care less, unless you and RIS have the balls to race me and back this up, you're just a couple of internet *****es.[/QUOTE]

Nice so your down to name calling now. At no point did I say any thing about my bike being faster then your car. And at no point did a say I was going to race you. I wouldn't wast my time. My argument is that drag racing is of no point to 99.9% of car buyers and that most people that buy cars do so for utility or how much fun it is to drive ( that includes corners). So I fall to see how THAT is going to be settled by racing you. And for the record I never called you any names.
    But you prove with every post who the dick is and whoas getting there butt hurt. Your the one turning yourself inside out to prove to every one here how fast your car is and how good of a driver you are. I think your barking up the wrong tree in the wrong place. I'm betting that most people in here find drag racing simple stupid. A sport for red necks that need to make up for there short coming.
    So flame on my friend and keep posing away about how grate your car is I'm betting lots of people are getting allot of entertainment from it.

ballbuster

Nice

If my car had 205 hp and ran 15s I would probably agree with you.

For the not so smart, I'll lay it out for you. When people engage in an impromptu speed contest on the street, it's a drag race, to see which car is ahead in a straight line at the end. How many people go around "street racing" balls out around corners? Maybe in the Honda/import world but not real life.
    You're right. I don't enjoy my car at all. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    9.32 @ 151 (right lane), showroom stock other than dog bones, a strap, and a 1-pc. clutch hub:

The jockey was Ricky's nephew.

There's a video posted of him running a 9.38 @ 151 backup pass. Sure is quiet with stock mufflers:

https://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/anmv...asp?a=3489&z=3

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I could care less, unless you and RIS have the balls to race me and back this up, you're just a couple of internet *****es.
    Nice so your down to name calling now. At no point did I say any thing about my bike being faster then your car. And at no point did a say I was going to race you. I wouldn't wast my time. My argument is that drag racing is of no point to 99.9% of car buyers and that most people that buy cars do so for utility or how much fun it is to drive ( that includes corners). So I fall to see how THAT is going to be settled by racing you. And for the record I never called you any names.
    But you prove with every post who the dick is and whoas getting there butt hurt. Your the one turning yourself inside out to prove to every one here how fast your car is and how good of a driver you are. I think your barking up the wrong tree in the wrong place. I'm betting that most people in here find drag racing simple stupid. A sport for red necks that need to make up for there short coming.
    So flame on my friend and keep posing away about how grate your car is I'm betting lots of people are getting allot of entertainment from it.[/QUOTE]

WTF? I got attacked by this RIS character and his gay cheeleaders for saying absolutely nothing wrong.

I have nothing to prove, I drive an old 6 banger street car and stated I was looking forward to running my friend and co-worker. Apparently that upsets people somehow. I find it interesting that the guy I'm going to run is not the least bit upset, it's just a friendly race, but leave it to the internet hero to jump in and make it into a flamewar.

STFU about the name calling, I've been called names from the first response.

Just the title of this thread is dripping with attitude. "2-cylinder motorcycle vs 10 cylinder AWD Lamborghini". This joke acts like the bike is overcoming some great obstacle with it's single wheel drive and 2 cylinders but he fails to mention the 3,000lb weight difference. This stuff might work with a bunch of 10 year olds but it's almost insulting to try and pull it on adults.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Well, you got the easy part done (the talking). We have yet to see photographic evidence that you even own a car.

I've already posted a pic of me on my Hayabusa at the drag strip.

Where do you live? I've got plenty of vacation time to burn, and I may be making a trip to the northwest around the beginning of the year. If you can find a 1/4 mile drag strip in that part of the country that will let us run your cage side-by-side against a bike, I might be able to put something together.

However, I will NOT be wasting any of my time or money until your cage has successfully passed tech for a nine second vehicle, and I'm not even going to waste my time unless you can prove that it runs faster than 10 seconds.

Think before running your mouth though. You indicated that your cage has a top speed of 127 mph, at the end of the quarter mile. A properly set up Hayabusa will trip the 1/8 mile lights (with the rear wheel) at about 127 mph, and that's not even at the top of third gear.
    The pictures of my car are on this board in this section posted a month ago.

No excuses, I don't want to hear any more of your stuff, put up or shut up. We will be running heads up on the street in a measured off 1/4. The track will provide you with too many excuses to not run.

Don't talk about how fast your bike is and blah blah blah. All I want to hear is you're ready.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    9.04 @ 156 with dog bones, a strap, and a pipe (ZX14R):

There's a link to the video of the 9.04 lap on this page:

https://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/anmv...sp?a=2649&z=18

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    The pictures of my car are on this board in this section posted a month ago.

No excuses, I don't want to hear any more of your stuff, put up or shut up. We will be running heads up on the street in a measured off 1/4. The track will provide you with too many excuses to not run.

Don't talk about how fast your bike is and blah blah blah. All I want to hear is you're ready.
    It took me a little while, but I found the pics.

I am absolutely speechless. I cannot believe that we let you jerk us all off for so long. Do you live with your mom, or what?

It's not even a real Grand National ("GN"). It's just a plain old 25 year old Buick Regal T-type that you painted black and stuck Grand National emblems on the front fenders.

If it even moves under it's own power, it would be turned away at tech in a heartbeat.

In order for Mr. "GN 602rwhp 620lbs weekend warrior" to even be allowed out onto the drag strip to attempt the 10.60 @ 127 that he is claiming, he would have to have ALL of the following:

5-point roll bar
    Driveshaft loop
    Screw-in metal tire valve stems
    5-point spec 16.1 driver's harness (re-certified every two years)
    Spec 3.2A/1 fire suit
    Minimum of a Snell K98 or M2000/SA2000 rating helmet
    Aftermarket axles
    Positive axle retention
    Spec 4.1 transmission shield
    NHRA-accepted locking dipstick (transmission)
    Spec 18.1 harmonic damper

If he thinks he's going to run faster than 10.00 OR faster than 135 mph, he would also be required to have ALL of the following (in addition to the items listed above):

A minimum of an 8-point full roll cage (inspected and certified by the NHRA every 3 years)
    Window net (re-certified every two years)
    NHRA competition license
    Spec 29.1 flex-plate
    Spec 30.1 flex-plate shield
    Spec 3.2A/5 fire suit
    Spec 3.3 neck collar
    External master battery cut-off switch
    Full-face helmet meeting the above listed specifications.

And if he's planning on going over 150 mph, he would also be required to have a parachute.

CLICK ON THE THUMBNAILS:

Nice.
    Last edited by RIS; 12-16-2009 at 05:28 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Are you still making excuses? One of my cars got stripped and left for dead by the bodyshop. The one in the pictures is a GN, if you notice most of the interior and all of the body trim is gone. That one donated the longblock and suspension for the new one. And while you're doing your research at 3AM lol, you're going to find that there's a 1,000hp race GN in the stable too which I'm sure you already found. I'm sure you found the pictures of that one but they wouldn't be as much fun to post, would they? I know one bike is your only vehicle but some of us have *gasp* 3 or more vehicles.

The difference in you and me is I didn't even bother mentioning the race car since we're supposedly talking about street legal setups. You get first shot at the street car.

For the last time, no excuses,
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    I guess i stand corrected on bikes having a hard time launching. I just know I couldnt do it lol. I have a hard enough time riding a 50cc dirt bike dinking around...

1946:2006:2066

a question guys

What does the R/T stand for on the run reports posted here?
    "Be not afraid of going slowly but only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

I need more money!!!!!!
    Dec 2009
    The Ducati is always winning WSBK for a reason. That wasn't even the fastest version of the 1098 or the 1198. The Ducati Desmodicci RR would have been no contest with 250+HP and like 350lb. wet(with gas, oil, coolant, and all). If you want to know anything about motorcycles please let me know.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by FireDog46
    What does the R/T stand for on the run reports posted here?
    Reaction Time.

The reaction timer starts when the green light comes on, and stops when the front tire(s) of the vehicle uncover the second (starting) beam.

So if vehicle "A" has an R/T of .250 and an ET of 10.25, and vehicle "B" has an R/T of .000 and an ET of 10.50, they would both arrive at the finish line at the same time.

I raced NHRA Pro ET twice a week for about ten years, and turned a profit for two of those years. In my experience, anything better than about an .06 light will put money in your pocket (in non-electronics 4-wheeled classes).
    Last edited by RIS; 12-16-2009 at 04:17 PM.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronFulks
    The Ducati is always winning WSBK for a reason.
    Ducati certainly does well in the "Pirelli Cup", but Yamaha actually has more wins so far this year than Ducati:

http://www.worldsbk.com/season/stats...iCostruttori=C

That wasn't even the fastest version of the 1098 or the 1198.
    True. The bike in the video was the base model 1098. The 1098R is about 25 horsepower stronger, has Ohlins suspension on both ends (with a TTX shock), slipper clutch, forged Marchesini wheels, traction control, and comes with a race kit including a full 70mm Termignoni exhaust system, race air filter, and race ECU.

The Ducati Desmodicci RR would have been no contest with 250+HP and like 350lb. wet(with gas, oil, coolant, and all). If you want to know anything about motorcycles please let me know.
    But the 16RR (it's actually spelled "Desmosedici", not "Desmodicci"), is an extremely limited production bike (all 500 U.S. market bikes sold out in about five hours), it's extremely expensive, and it's not really that much faster than the 1098R (it only makes about 180 horsepower, has less torque than the 1098R, and weighs a little bit more than the 1098R- about 425 pounds). I doubt that any of the trackside tire vendors carry a 16" for it, either.
    Last edited by RIS; 12-16-2009 at 10:49 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Reaction Time.

The reaction timer starts when the green light comes on, and when the front tire(s) of the vehicle uncover the second (starting) beam.

So if vehicle "A" has an R/T of .250 and an ET of 10.25, and vehicle "B" has an R/T of .000 and an ET of 10.50, they would both arrive at the finish line at the same time.

I raced NHRA Pro ET twice a week for about ten years, and turned a profit for two of those years. In my experience, anything better than about an .06 light will put money in your pocket (in non-electronics 4-wheeled classes).
    And in many amateur classes and weekend "grudge night" RT is not factored in. The timer starts when you roll out of the beam. Part of the reason some people prefer to shallow stage. I was there one night having a heck of a time building boost due to an exhaust leak and ended up sitting on the line for 3 seconds after the green. I got beat to the the finish but ran a quicker ET than the guy next to me.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by spazzy
    I guess i stand corrected on bikes having a hard time launching. I just know I couldnt do it lol. I have a hard enough time riding a 50cc dirt bike dinking around...
    I think you were correct the first time when talking stock bikes. I rarely ever saw guys run anything quicker than a 1.7. I watched a turbo Hayabusa running a stock hayabusa and the turbo one had something like 30mph on the stock one but the ET was only separated by a couple tenths. Modded they obviously cut better 60' times but around here I can count on a good 3 car lead off the line whether it's due to a bad rider or whatever on the street.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    And in many amateur classes and weekend "grudge night" RT is not factored in. The timer starts when you roll out of the beam. Part of the reason some people prefer to shallow stage. I was there one night having a heck of a time building boost due to an exhaust leak and ended up sitting on the line for 3 seconds after the green. I got beat to the the finish but ran a quicker ET than the guy next to me.
    Have you ever even been to a drag strip?

The R/T is not "factored in" to anything. It is a competely seperate timing function.

In ALL drag racing classes, the ET clock starts when you uncover the second (start) beam, and stops when you break the finish line beam.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    I think you were correct the first time when talking stock bikes. I rarely ever saw guys run anything quicker than a 1.7. Modded they obviously cut better 60' times but around here I can count on a good 3 car lead off the line whether it's due to a bad rider or whatever on the street.
    That's because, as you know, any jerk-off can push the gas pedal down, but it takes a fair amount of skill to manage the clutch well enough to effectively launch a bike without a wheelie bar, and you're not likely to find that kind of skill on the street.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

The R/T is not "factored in" to anything. It is a competely seperate timing function.

In ALL drag racing classes, the ET clock starts when you uncover the second (start) beam, and stops when you break the finish line beam.
    You may want to do a little more research smart guy.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    That's because, as you know, any jerk-off can push the gas pedal down, but it takes a fair amount of skill to manage the clutch well enough to effectively launch a bike without a wheelie bar, and you're not likely to find that kind of skill on the street.
    The second half I agree with. The first is pure ignorance. No, you can't just push the pedal down and go. On drag radials it skates around up into the triple digits. You know nothing about fast cars.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'm done here. When you want to run get back to me.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    You're right. I don't enjoy my car at all. Thanks for clarifying that for me.
    That's not what I meant. I'm sure it's a fun car just like my TL is fun. But given the choice of tons of hp or great cornering, in a street environment I think tons of power is more fun. But I wasn't trying to say that a good cornering car is not fun.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009

The reaction timer starts when the green light comes on, and stops when the front tire(s) of the vehicle uncover the second (starting) beam.

You may want to do a little more research smart guy.
    Okay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_racing

Several measurements are taken for each race: reaction time, elapsed time, and speed. Reaction time is the time from the green light illuminating to the vehicle leaving the starting line. Elapsed time is the time from the vehicle leaving the starting line to crossing the finish line.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    You still don't get it. I'm not your teacher some of this you have to learn on your own.

Like I said, done until you man up.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    OMG, I can't believe I even skimmed this far through this thread, but like a train wreck, I cannot turn away.

I admit that Jethro can haul 10x more chew in his Oldsmobuick or AT Accord than I can on my litre-bike, but will he ever STFU?.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    OMG, I can't believe I even skimmed this far through this thread, but like a train wreck, I cannot turn away.

I admit that Jethro can haul 10x more chew in his Oldsmobuick or AT Accord than I can on my litre-bike, but will he ever STFU?.
    I know. Even after I "outed" him, he's still chipping his teeth.

Did you catch this part?

I assume you're in California. Let's set something up, I'll let you know once the car is buttoned back up. There's been enough talk, win or lose I'm ready to run.
    The POS DOESN'T EVEN RUN!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I know. Even after I "outed" him, he's still chipping his teeth.

Did you catch this part?

The POS DOESN'T EVEN RUN!
    Then take me up on the offer ******.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

Members who have read this thread: 0