Which vehicles can carry a full size DH bike INSIDE?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Which vehicles can carry a full size DH bike INSIDE?

I know that the Ford Transit connect and the Eurovan can... are there any SUVs or "cooler" looking vehicles that can carry a DH bike upright and inside?

Maybe even some trucks with shells can do this? Would love to see some more options...

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Eurovans are cool! These guys pimped mine, Home - TotallyT4
    Probably not much help if you're outside the UK but gives you an idea of the potential - check the gallery
    I have a roof mounted bike rack strapped to the floor inside to keep it upright. Plus you have room to get changed, sleep, etc.

bi-winning
    Vans are just so practical.

Even our minivan (2004 Pontiac Montana) allows me to slide my XC bike in upright with the seat jacked way up.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

mtbr member
    +1 on the vans. With a fork mount (do they make these for TAs?) you can fit 6 bikes in the back of a minivan when alternating the way the bike faces. That's with the captain seats still in place, just the removal of the last bench. I know minivans aren't "cool" but you can imagine how much space there will be in a full size van.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorSerioso View Post
    I know minivans aren't "cool"
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LZxzdNXy_iQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Definitely not cool, but most minivans can fit full length DH bikes - with some seats removed, I assume?

Not bad, those things can be had practically for free.

mtbr member
    I'm sure the Honda Element can do this. The SC version looks pretty sharp. A plus is the rear seats can fold all the way up and out of the way, can be used as beds, or can be removed to reveal a perfectly flat floor. Thinking this would be cool to keep one rear seat as a bed, and you are all set to camp out somewhere with the bike right next to you. It'll be cozy though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I thought that the element could not fit the slack DH bikes?

mtbr member
    I guess you'd have to actually try it. But this seems to show some possibilities. Maybe have to turn the front wheel like they did here: The MTB Funhog: Bike Shuttle Review: Honda Element

Or if all else fails, load the bike in diagonally. I don't own one, but have seen them in person...seemed large enough...but just guessing based on memory.
    Last edited by kameraguy; 02-18-2012 at 04:01 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0