Vantastic- Mtbr.com

Thread: Vantastic

Rohloff

Vantastic

Is this the ultimate bikemobile? The Ford Transit may come to the US. It comes with a small diesel engine in Europe.

Car and Driver Blog Full-Size Ford Transit Van Confirmed for U.S., May Be Called T-250, T-450, and T-550

turtles make me hot
    Oh man!! If that comes here, I may have to trade up from my Suburban!
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Pretty cool. Curious what the price will be compared to the Sprinter or the new Nissan equivalent.
    Signature

Rohloff
    Quote Originally Posted by A1an View Post
    Pretty cool. Curious what the price will be compared to the Sprinter or the new Nissan equivalent.
    I think it'll be way cheaper than the Sprinter and WAY better looking than that thing Nissan created.

turtles make me hot
    EEiw. That Nissan is hideous.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Saw that Nissan on the road a while back and thought it was hideous too. Looks like a cross between a Titan and a Sprinter.

poser Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdc View Post
    Is this the ultimate bikemobile? The Ford Transit may come to the US. It comes with a small diesel engine in Europe.

Car and Driver Blog Full-Size Ford Transit Van Confirmed for U.S., May Be Called T-250, T-450, and T-550

There is no way they will bring the diesel. Americans are afraid of high fuel economy oil burners. I mean what would we do with a van that gets better mileage than all the SUV's and all the minivans? We'd buy the **** out of it then complain that diesel is so expensive.

I totally would buy one of these it if isn't insanely priced like the MB/Chrysler sprinter vans. I mean I can barely afford one of those with 100k of contractor life on it, no seats and beat to heck.

At least this might be brought here as a people mover and then I could justify the price because it seated people and came with the seats and carpet. No diesel however no sale...hear me FORD?
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

Rohloff
    If they had a choice between diesel and gas, I'd really have to run the numbers. I bought a truck recently, and my friend, a diesl mechanic, talked me into getting a gas engine. Ford's Ecoboost engine might be a nice choice. Still, I hope diesel is at least an option.

turtles make me hot
    Diesel may cost more, but you get way better mileage with it.
    I couldn't believe I wasn't able to get a Suburban with a diesel. It gets OK mileage with the 5.3 in two wheel drive, but come on... How do they make a truck that big and not even offer a diesel?
    I agree with Rockcrusher... No diesel, no deal.
    I like turtles

Single Speed Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdc View Post
    I think it'll be way cheaper than the Sprinter and WAY better looking than that thing Nissan created.
    Thanks for finding my 1980's vintage high top shoes reincarnated into a Nissan.

LightJunction.com
    Quote Originally Posted by crux View Post
    Thanks for finding my 1980's vintage high top shoes reincarnated into a Nissan.
    Does it come in suede?

Those vans seem to be the ticket these days. Many of the reps are turning these into their travel-around-the-country mobiles. Loads of storage, and you can throw a bag down in the back and sleep in it.
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com

Members who have read this thread: 0