Valley Trailer hitch Brand quality- Mtbr.com
    Singletrack groupie

Valley Trailer hitch Brand quality

Hey guys,

Just some info for those looking to purchase an aftermarket hitch for their car.

Most recently I'd purchased a 2007 acura MDX trailer hitch for my car from E-trailer.com. The Valley trailer hitch I received, while physical construction was good, the paint quality was horrible. According to e-trailer's website, this was supposed to be powder-coated. It was far from it. The 35lb hitch was placed in a thin cardboard box and upon arrival has ripped its way through the packaging and damaged the paint. Not only was the paint damaged, but would flake off upon a light touch. I'm currently having one of my company's vendors professionally powdercoat this hitch.

Just a fair warning to those looking to save a few bucks on the Valley brand aftermarket trailer hitch. The paint sucks, chips easily and is prone to a quick rust.

On a side note: E-trailer has done a fairly good job of trying to replace this, but a $15.00 touch-up paint kit doesn't quite fix a paint job like this.

Final thought: if you put "powder-coated" in your item description, deliver just that!!

Happy bargin shopping!

- B
    Attached Images Attached Images   

mtbr member
    May 2009
    send it back.

code: mtbr2011
    we buy a lot of hitches from etrailer, and often the hitches are poking through the box like that.
    i would call them, and have them send you a new one, and also send you a call tag to have the other one picked up.
    they're a good company, they should take care of you on this.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    and probably no warranty on nonfactory finish

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I just bought a hitch from etrailer and they were great to work with. The Valley Hitch brand I had heard to stay away from prior to purchasing. Sorry about your experience. I have to wonder though, do you feel that the paint chipping is going to fundamentally lessen the performance of the hitch itself?

Singletrack groupie
    Really only concerned me regarding rust. I found a local powder-coater that threw my hitch into a batch for $50.00. Results in paint quality and durability were night and day.

Members who have read this thread: 0