trunk rack for an Infiniti G35 sedan?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

trunk rack for an Infiniti G35 sedan?

I am trying to find a good (hopefully inexpensive) trunk rack for my G35. I used the compatibility searches at Thule, Yakima, and Saris and came up with the:

Thule 961 XT
    Yakima King Joe 3
    Bones Saris RS

I thought the choices were pretty limited. Can anyone offer any insights on racks for this car or those rack choices???

EDR
    delete..........

mtbr member
    according to the Yakima fit guide you can use ANY of their hitchracks.
    The little jo is around $69 and can carry 3 bikes but has no cradles or straps to keep the bikes separate
    The Super Jo 2 or 3 has cradles and straps to hold the bikes apart
    The Kingjo 2 or 3 has the cradles and straps but is also fully adjustable so you can get the arms horizontal on any car to keep the bikes as far apart as possible.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I have this car and tried a Saris Bones even though it does not fit according to their site and book. But it fits perfectly with no limitations at all and leaves copious room for adjustment and placement. LBS told me that the straps can damage the trunk or its metal is too thin and dents under the rack, thus they don't list it as a fit. That's only here-say though.

mtbr member
    I have the King Joe 2 (same as the King Joe 3 - only holds 2 bikes). I haven't had a problem with it. The only thing I would say is watch where your tires are in relation to the exhaust pipe. When I went on my first hour plus trip with my bike, the front tire on my bike blew because it was in line with the exhaust pipe. It hasn't been a problem on shorter trips though. This is something that I imagine you want to be careful of with any trunk rack. Other than that my rack is great.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdan
    I am trying to find a good (hopefully inexpensive) trunk rack for my G35. I used the compatibility searches at Thule, Yakima, and Saris and came up with the:

Thule 961 XT
    Yakima King Joe 3
    Bones Saris RS

I thought the choices were pretty limited. Can anyone offer any insights on racks for this car or those rack choices???
    I used to have a G35 Coupe, but got rid of it in part due to the hassle of trying to use a trunk rack (and two growing kids who were complaining about the small back seats). I had a Saris, but don't remember exactly what model.

My suggestion would be to get a hitch rack. I'm pretty sure you can get the smaller type that isn't designed for towing, but will hold a bike rack, and won't be some big beefy hitch.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I bot the yakima super joe, but returned it since it was hard to fit my HiFi pro and I didn't want to deal with the adapter. I ended up getting the mighty joe, and really like it. thanks for the replies!

Members who have read this thread: 0