Truck racks. . .what do you recommend?- Mtbr.com
    A Real Winner.

Truck racks. . .what do you recommend?

Yo. I just got a pickup truck, and want a good rack to hold my bikes. I got the Delta Stableloader, but I have to admit, they should call it the "Not-so-Stableloader". It was very affordable, but there is a lot of bob in it. I have only driven it around my parking lot with bikes in it, and it does not really inspire confidence.

Soooooooooo. . . what do you use in your pickup truck?
    www.cycletofitness.com It's only a super-awesome website for a super-awesome store. Just click it. I dare you.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    the company i work for gives me 24/7 use of a brand new colorado. i got a telescoping bar w/ 3 bike mounts from nashbar--sporttrack brand or some crap i think. i got some wire to secure it to a fastening eye on the truck bed--slow down a thief for a second maybe--I doubt any1 would want a cheap piece o junk--but maybe just take 4 meanness seein how the best of people occasionally gets a mean streak in some way. havent tried it out for stability yet. probably later this week.

mtbr member

I wonder if there are any new topics...

You might try a search on the topic. This thread has been done before several times.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Glad to Be Alive
    build your own with 2X6's....make a box that fits between your wheel well and cab......make slots for the tires to fit and use tie downs.....done deal
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    i have a 2x6 cut to fit snug between the wheel wells of my tacoma. bought a mountable fork mount, put it on the board and i'm done. locking fork mounts at rei for $20. can fit two bikes easily and can fit a third by adding a 8"-12" piece of board to the 2x6 so it raises the bars of third bike up.

skiahh,

do you have close u pics of the rack at the bed rail? is that just a roof rack tower fitted to the edge of the rail?

Members who have read this thread: 0