Truck drivers and why I love them!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Truck drivers and why I love them!

As "Skiahh" brought to my attention in the Arggg Drivers thread Arggg. Is that one of the new Kia Models? I have some latent hostility towards middle-aged men who drive big pickup trucks. In an effort to be more positive, and thereby less negative, I am going to start a list of reasons that I love pickup drivers. So here goes: (No drum roll required)

My dad drives one.
    My mom drives one.
    If it weren't for pickups people would have no place to put their stickers depicting the little boy peeing on stuff.
    Dogs like 'em.
    You rarely see a pickup driven by a middle-aged man dressed in a pretty little strapless chiffon number with fishnet thigh-highs and matching shoes and clutch. (That kind of creeps me out)
    Most of my co-workers drive pickups.
    My best friends drive pickups.
    I have a pickup.
    My daughter wants a pickup.
    Skiahh drives a pickup.
    Without pickups we would have never had the Ranchero, El Camino, nor the Avalanche.
    Without pickups (and people like me that love them) we would rarely see the word "duelly" (sic)

Thanks for indulging my positive affirmations on pickups. I bid you all peace, love, harmony and, a V-8 with tuned dual exhaust or, a Banks turbo-charged diesel (did you know that turbo-charging not only improves diesel performance, it can also make them more efficient?).

Later
    "Walter, the chinaman who peed on my rug, I can't go give him a bill!"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky Thatcher
    Banks turbo-charged diesel (did you know that turbo-charging not only improves diesel performance, it can also make them more efficient?).

Later

Oh yeah, I know!
    I want a edge power commander for my turbo cummins...

Keepin' it real since '74
    Without pickups, EVERYONE would have to rent a U-Haul when they moved...what a hassle and waste of money.
    Without pickups, Texas would be just another state.
    You can clean deer blood out of a truck bed much easier than a car trunk (yes, I hunt...bring it on, PETA supporters)!
    Being able to travel through a field of foot deep mud in your 4WD truck is just plain fun. Yes, it's redneck, but fun nonetheless.
    "If God didn't want us to eat animals, He wouldn't have made them out of meat."

mtbr member

Listen! Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by trailrash
    Without pickups, EVERYONE would have to rent a U-Haul when they moved...what a hassle and waste of money.
    Without pickups, Texas would be just another state.
    You can clean deer blood out of a truck bed much easier than a car trunk (yes, I hunt...bring it on, PETA supporters)!
    Being able to travel through a field of foot deep mud in your 4WD truck is just plain fun. Yes, it's redneck, but fun nonetheless.

I couldn't have said it better myself (obviously).

Later

Baron of Gray Matter
    May 2004
    Easier to carry a bike/4 wheeler/keg in the back of a truck.
    Dogs can't stand on moving trunklids very well either.
    They make cars so 4x4 trucks don't have to go off road to find obstacles to crawl over.

I agree with ya trailrash about hunting even though I quit hunting long ago, and hunting is a sound ecological way to control animal populations since the predator population is almost non-existent now. I'm always amazed at the number of deer taken each year in Arkansas, and the deer population still grows larger. I think the duck population has declined in the past few years though due to drought and loss of habitat.

I'll be a vegetarian when my bacon seeds sprout.
    "Oh Dear, I've been redorkulated."
    Prof. Frink.

Duck #'s are actually doing pretty good. I've got buddies that work for US Fish and Wildlife Service that go out and perform the duck surveys. The main reason why we don't see more ducks down south is because of all the work Ducks Unlimited is doing in the Dakotas...especially South Dakota. If they don't have hard freezes (past 2 years), there's no reason for the ducks to move further south. They have all the food they need there.

I love Ducks Unlimited, and have been a member for years. I just wish they would do more work here in Texas.

banned
    Nothing wrong with trucks or their drivers. Unless the driver is a suburban weenie who doesn't actually haul stuff (including bikes) and would be much better served by a Honda Accord or something, but instead misdirects his boredom/aggression/inadequacies/etc. into buying a big, honkin' F-150 or whatnot that'll never see the outside of the cul-de-sac, the expressway to the office, and the grocery store parking lot.

These same guys often go to the opposite extreme and buy silly little sports cars (even though they've got kids/pets/groceries to pick up). This is almost as obnoxious, but at least Miatas and the like don't crowd the lane, and you can see around them.

Unfortunately, I see a lot of both specimens around here.
    Last edited by Drewdane; 08-05-2005 at 11:43 AM.

Baron of Gray Matter
    May 2004
    I agree, in Stuttgart, the duck capital of the south, they complain about the fewer numbers of ducks coming south the last few winters. And we've had sme drought conditions here lately so there are fewer areas for ducks to winter. I have heard the duck hunting is really good up north. We do have a lot of geese around here now. Our local city park is home to a large number of them, plenty of water (Arkansas river) and no hunting or predation. Only problem with them is the amount of poop they drop on the trails where the reside.

Do you duck hunt before you go to work, I've got friends that do that. In high school a freind would go before class started. He loved to duck hunt. Now he's a doctor and into goose hunting.
    "Oh Dear, I've been redorkulated."
    Prof. Frink.

Next to mountain biking, duck hunting is my favorite pastime. I used to be on a duck lease on the Katy Prairie (just west of Houston). I would go before work and on the weekends...usually 50-60 hunts/year. My wife would joke that she was a "hunting widow" during the fall and winter months. If I wasn't duck hunting, I was 300 miles away on the deer lease.

Well, I'm not on any leases anymore, but I'm currently looking for a duck lease. Last year was the first time I didn't have a steady place to duck hunt, and it drove me crazy. I've REALLY been wanting to make a trip up to Stuttgart and go on a guided hunt with the guys from RNT Calls.

thats my red stapler
    Duck #'s are actually doing pretty good. I've got buddies that work for US Fish and Wildlife Service that go out and perform the duck surveys. The main reason why we don't see more ducks down south is because of all the work Ducks Unlimited is doing in the Dakotas...especially South Dakota. If they don't have hard freezes (past 2 years), there's no reason for the ducks to move further south. They have all the food they need there.

I love Ducks Unlimited, and have been a member for years. I just wish they would do more work here in Texas.
    im just suffering from pickup envy
    when the going gets tough the world gets reduced to one pedal stroke at a time

Hairy man
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane
    These same guys often go to the opposite extreme and buy silly little sports cars (even though they've got kids/pets/groceries to pick up). This is almost as obnoxious, but at least Miatas and the like don't crowd the lane, and you can see around them.
    My dad used to drive a miata. It's such a stupid car, but it was fun to take out for a spin.
    They actually get sucked under Semis sometimes, which always scared me. It was also pretty damn fuel efficient.

Some redneck in a pickup didn't notice the miata stopped at a stop light and pretty much shoved it through a sedan. Dad got a concussion and a lot of bruises, and now he just sticks to the Impreza. Keeping two cars on the road was a waste of money anyway, and you couldn't even buy groceries in the freaking Miata.
    We all get it in the end.

mtbr member
    did you know that turbo-charging not only improves diesel performance, it can also make them more efficient?
    Later
    Turbochargers make any engine more efficient. That's the entire concept behind the invention. It takes energy that would otherwise be wasted and uses it to give the engine more air to blow things up with.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    [QUOTE=Drewdane]Nothing wrong with trucks or their drivers. Unless the driver is a suburban weenie who doesn't actually haul stuff (including bikes) and would be much better served by a Honda Accord or something, but instead misdirects his boredom/aggression/inadequacies/etc. into buying a big, honkin' F-150 or whatnot that'll never see the outside of the cul-de-sac, the expressway to the office, and the grocery store parking lot.

i love pickups and have had many, but that being said i think if you have a pickup you should have to prove that you use it for what it was made for to justify the gas mileage...i hate seeing the tricked out pickups with custom wheels and bed cover that you know has never hauled anything....just my $2.23 worth (price per gallon these days in denver)
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia
    i love pickups and have had many, but that being said i think if you have a pickup you should have to prove that you use it for what it was made for to justify the gas mileage
    Oh yeah, that would be great, another hoop to jump through at the great Colorado DMV.
    No thanks.

Last edited by Hokie; 08-05-2005 at 08:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Skiahh drives a pickup.
    Awwww......

Hey, you noted that somewhere you saw duelly (vice dually). Did I do that somewhere? As a charter member of the spelling patrol, I'd be mortified!

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie
    I want a edge power commander for my turbo cummins...
    Oh yeah... I want the Edge A2 w/ the EZ for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane
    Unless the driver is a suburban weenie who doesn't actually haul stuff (including bikes)
    Does this count:

What you don't see is I had just unhooked from a car hauler with my wife's vehicle, stuffed to the gills with our stuff (~7500# or so) and the bed also full with stuff. We were in the process of moving from TX to RI.

I suppose I shouldn't mention I'm driving a Viper this summer, huh?

mtbr member

No hits against Skiahh's spelling

Quote Originally Posted by skiahh
    ...you noted that somewhere you saw duelly (vice dually). Did I do that somewhere? As a charter member of the spelling patrol, I'd be mortified!
    No, not you. Duelly (sic) is the common spelling, for the aforementioned truck type, on the electronic employee bulletin board at my place of employment. Ads typically read something like this:

For Sell Dodge Truck. Big. Duelly. 4X4. Worth $22,000.00 asking $25,000.00

or something like that. Another alternate spelling is "dooley". (Editor's note: Some faux ads may have been embellished.)

Later

mtbr member
    Ooh, ooh I wanna play, does this count:

Not picutred is the Toy Hauler I use to go to the races, but that as they say, is another story!

Last edited by Hokie; 08-05-2005 at 09:32 PM.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Awwww......

Hey, you noted that somewhere you saw duelly (vice dually). Did I do that somewhere? As a charter member of the spelling patrol, I'd be mortified!

Oh yeah... I want the Edge A2 w/ the EZ for mine.

Does this count:

What you don't see is I had just unhooked from a car hauler with my wife's vehicle, stuffed to the gills with our stuff (~7500# or so) and the bed also full with stuff. We were in the process of moving from TX to RI.

that doesnt count as it could be hauled on a civic...

the motorcycle i would count as it would be hard to put on top of a civic although witht he proper ramp system i think a civic could handle it..
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member

...although witht he proper ramp system i think a civic could handle it..
    That would be a sight to see!

mtbr member
    that doesnt count as it could be hauled on a civic...

the motorcycle i would count as it would be hard to put on top of a civic although witht he proper ramp system i think a civic could handle it..
    I'd like to see a Civic haul the 7500# car hauler, plus the additional 1500# from the bed....

I'm not sure the Civic is wide enough to carry 4 bikes up top, either.

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer Simpson
    ...............hunting is a sound ecological way to control animal populations since the predator population is almost non-existent now.
    Ah yes, the ecology-minded hunter. Doing it for the right reasons. Taking out the sick and feeble does and passing up on the big healthy buck. Just like nature intended.

mtbr member
    And best of all, no matter how many kids ya got, they all fit in the back!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    ohhhh.......when you said "truck drivers" i thought you meant like kenworth, freightliner, ih, mack etc.

Wave Maker / Pot Stirrer
    Apr 2005

... and if we just ... I know the truck you are talking about...

We call them "Street Princesses!!" Super decked out with the ultimate in off-road accessories and wax jobs that make super models envious. We have several of them here. I always laugh when I see the chrome shocks and the 8 inch lifts come rolling down the road. You can't tell me that anything like that is used for hauling anything. Hell, you'd have to be like 8 foot tall just to be able to reach the bed to load it. I must admit though, I am an off-road enthusiast with several trucks. My favorite is my 97 GMC K1500. It's gets 18 miles to the gallon and goes well over a 100 mph and never gets above 2700 rpm. It'll haul four bikes, camping gear for 10, the bbq, the rifles, and all the alcohol you can drink in a weekend. The rest are for playing though, not working.
    Rampage

~ Beware the good assumptions in life; the light at the end of the tunnel is probably an oncoming train.

banned

Does this count:

Did I not say "including bikes"? If you're actually carrying/hauling stuff, then a pickup is perfectly appropriate. My snobbery is directed at suburban couch potatoes who never carry anything more than passengers and groceries, but still buy a pickup truck. Pointless!

As for the Viper - I have no objection to cars bought for fun. Again, it's the weenies with kids to take to soccer practice, "honey-do" errands, groceries, etc and so forth who pick up a Viper (to use your example) as the family car that make my eyes roll.

Honestly, people can buy and drive what they like. Just be warned - people like me (i.e.: arrogant, judgemental snobs) are laughing at you in your Dodge Durango (Dood! It's gotta Hemi! I dunno what a Hemi is, but it's got one!) if all you're doing is driving to your office job and the grocery store. Similarly, people like me are laughing at you (or, more specifically, my brother-in-law) cramming your family/bikes/dog/luggage/etc. into that cute lil' sport coupe you bought solely for the "zip" factor.

zod
    Southern Fried mUni
    because I'm 5' 7"

Unrepentant Cowboy SOB
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T.
    Ah yes, the ecology-minded hunter. Doing it for the right reasons. Taking out the sick and feeble does and passing up on the big healthy buck. Just like nature intended.
    Yo dude....you need a little eddicashun regarding nature.

Nature don;t take out the sick and feeble only. Interestingly, you'll find more bucks dead (per capita) due to "natural causes".

I'd like to see you function at your prime after bar fighting all day for 2 months and in the offtime humping 20 or so chicks.
    Cause thats what goes on with dem deer and elk and stuff.
    Without a little hunting, you'd see a hell of a lot more competition for the limited resources in the winter. That leads to a somewhat boom and bust population cycle.
    If ya ever wander out in the hills in the spring...you'll find more winter killed bucks than does.
    A little population trimming goes a long way in maintaining a stable carrying capacity in terms of both preserving habitat and sustaining population levels of critters.
    There's a reason why fish and game regs emphasize killing males.

Hunters have done more to preserve animal habitat than any other group in america. So's if you be talking envronment impacts....the hunters do far more to preserve and reestablish wildlands than any other interest group (yep that includes the sierra club)

In our grandaddies day....they weren;t so into male killing cause ya can;t eat the horns. getting all erect over a rack is a somewhat new experience.

Oh, and just to make ya happy...I only shoot one male deer every year - but I also dispatch a few females.
    I had some amazing backstrap yesterday. Less than a month to go til the shooting season starts....freezer stocks dwindling.. I have a mere pheasant, 5 lbs of round steak, 2 lbs backstrap. and 11 lbs sausage left and I'm starting to panick that it isnt gonna last me long enough since I failed to pull the trigger on a tasty cow elk last year.

Anyone got good recipes for the ducks and geese? weeks away from adding a few to my gullet!

And yes, global warming sucks in general. It's kind of interesting how many ducks hung around here all winter. And last winter.
    Even in my short lifetime..things be a changin"
    "...it feels like.....times have changed."
    "Times maybe. Not me."

South Mountain Bulimic

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I drive an 04 f250 diesel crew cab king ranch with the fx4 package. I have a banks tuner and exhaust. I dont drive it unless I am pulling something usually my 5th wheel that weighs in around 12k lbs. that said I hate all these suv driving yuppies who couldnt handle a mini and think that there tahoe is the coolest thing on the road even though they only use it to haul there overweight but around.

mtbr member
    The title of this thread suckered me b/c I though you were actually talking about trucks, not pickups....

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    DIESEL PICKUPS FTW!!!!!!

DIESEL>GAS

Diesel yea!

CUMMINS FOR LIFE

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by akitadogg

Nature don;t take out the sick and feeble only. Interestingly, you'll find more bucks dead (per capita) due to "natural causes".

I'd like to see you function at your prime after bar fighting all day for 2 months and in the offtime humping 20 or so chicks.
    Without a little hunting, you'd see a hell of a lot more competition for the limited resources in the winter. That leads to a somewhat boom and bust population cycle.
    If ya ever wander out in the hills in the spring...you'll find more winter killed bucks than does.
    A little population trimming goes a long way in maintaining a stable carrying capacity in terms of both preserving habitat and sustaining population levels of critters.

Hunters have done more to preserve animal habitat than any other group in america. So's if you be talking envronment impacts....the hunters do far more to preserve and reestablish wildlands than any other interest group (yep that includes the sierra club)

In our grandaddies day....they weren;t so into male killing cause ya can;t eat the horns. getting all erect over a rack is a somewhat new experience.

Oh, and just to make ya happy...I only shoot one male deer every year - but I also dispatch a few females.
    I had some amazing backstrap yesterday. Less than a month to go til the shooting season starts....freezer stocks dwindling.. I have a mere pheasant, 5 lbs of round steak, 2 lbs backstrap. and 11 lbs sausage left and I'm starting to panick that it isnt gonna last me long enough since I failed to pull the trigger on a tasty cow elk last year.

Anyone got good recipes for the ducks and geese? weeks away from adding a few to my gullet!

And yes, global warming sucks in general. It's kind of interesting how many ducks hung around here all winter. And last winter.
    Damn, that is hard to read.

Anyways, I find that it's mostly shorter guys and women seem to be the most common group that drives big pickups.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    I had a Ford Ranger and I would always get hit up to move people and people would want to borrow it and screw it up. I sold it to get something more sporty, Mazda Miata, and frankly, I like the not being bothered and the extra gas money pays for a U-Haul and a lot more. Different strokes for different folks.

183 BRO's before hoes.
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikeeveryday
    DIESEL PICKUPS FTW!!!!!!

DIESEL>GAS

Diesel yea!

CUMMINS FOR LIFE

Just remember while driving. Ram is the name of the truck, not what you do with it.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennetht638
    Turbochargers make any engine more efficient. That's the entire concept behind the invention. It takes energy that would otherwise be wasted and uses it to give the engine more air to blow things up with.
    Well, not really. Turbochargers allow you to produce the POWER of a larger engine, and during the time that it's not producing that extra power it's more efficient than the larger engine, but it depends on what is required. If you require 120hp, a turbocharged 4cyl 2.0 is going to waste more gas than a NA 4cyl 2.0. Although the turbo-charged engine usually runs hotter (good for efficiency) it uses extra gas to cool everything down when accelerating, it's well beyond stoich. This keeps the EGTs down and makes the temperature reasonable. One could argue that diesel is more "efficient" due to higher energy amount/liter, but turbocharging is not really more efficient except to gain more power from a smaller engine without the cost of moving extra cylinders or displacement all the time. If you are doing lots of high-speed driving with a turbocharger you may find that it is LESS fuel efficient than a bigger engine just due to the excess fuel that keeps everything cool.

So, it kind of depends on what is required and the size of the engine, not that adding a turbo-charger to an existing engine will somehow magically make it more efficient.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Well, not really. Turbochargers allow you to produce the POWER of a larger engine, and during the time that it's not producing that extra power it's more efficient than the larger engine,....

I agree with Kennetht638.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Killroy
    I agree with Kennetht638.
    Well, you might want to do a little research because the entire point of the concept was NOT to increase efficiency.

mtbr member
    Well, you might want to do a little research because the entire point of the concept was NOT to increase efficiency.
    Check out EcoBoost

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    My other baby besides MTBing. Still needs a few things and yes I live in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex with this pig. I do construction jobs on the side and this hauls 1 ton of flag stone in the bed a lot better than a Honda would!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lund pe chad ja
    4+ years ago just called and he wants his thread back...
    He cant have it, it has been revived

All fat, all the time.
    If it weren't for trucks we wouldn't have tailgates.....

lol
    I love my truck.....& no, I won't help you move.....well..maybe...for enough beer...

Yes, that's fonetic
    Well, not really. Turbochargers allow you to produce the POWER of a larger engine, and during the time that it's not producing that extra power it's more efficient than the larger engine, but it depends on what is required. If you require 120hp, a turbocharged 4cyl 2.0 is going to waste more gas than a NA 4cyl 2.0. Although the turbo-charged engine usually runs hotter (good for efficiency) it uses extra gas to cool everything down when accelerating, it's well beyond stoich. This keeps the EGTs down and makes the temperature reasonable. One could argue that diesel is more "efficient" due to higher energy amount/liter, but turbocharging is not really more efficient except to gain more power from a smaller engine without the cost of moving extra cylinders or displacement all the time. If you are doing lots of high-speed driving with a turbocharger you may find that it is LESS fuel efficient than a bigger engine just due to the excess fuel that keeps everything cool.

So, it kind of depends on what is required and the size of the engine, not that adding a turbo-charger to an existing engine will somehow magically make it more efficient.
    Do you ever get tired of picking nits?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I am still driving my 2000 Dodge Dakota I bought new in 1999. Now has 172,000 miles, runs like new, but not good mileage. Wish someone made a small truck with a 4 cylinder diesel that got 30+ mpg. I'd be all over that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    haha this thread is a win for diesels.

Rip Van Winkle
    I love trucks hopefully we will get one in about a year. What I don't like are dual exhaust pipes with glass packs. My Camry can pull past one of those loud ass trucks. I used to like them, but it's just annoying.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Killroy
    Check out EcoBoost
    Yeah, you just don't get it. Ecoboost is not why they invented or started using turbochargers, like I said look it up. And, what Ecoboost does is allows the engine to have the POWER of a larger engine with the fuel-economy of a smaller one when that power is not needed, but when the power IS needed it will be less efficient due to increased fuel being used to cool the EGT. Again, it's not as simple as "it's more efficient", it's only more efficient if you NEED 300hp and want to get it from a 2.0l engine, otherwise if you don't need 300hp a NA 2.0l will be more efficient.

Seriously?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Not exactly. To make a given hp it requires a given amount of fuel. But there are slight variations. A turbo increases effective compression when in boost which increases both fuel efficiency and power. Most modern cars use a wideband and do stay at or very close to stoich under boost.

Turbo engines don't run hotter than their NA counterparts. Oil temps have the potential to climb since the power density is much greater but when most people say a turbo engine runs hotter, it's just the underhood heat they're referring to.

In a truck that may run under boost on flat land, steady state driving, the turbo will make it slightly more efficient. I understand your points though and for the typical gas engine that moves the car around just fine without boost, the turbo is just there for extra power
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuickGN
    Not exactly. To make a given hp it requires a given amount of fuel. But there are slight variations. A turbo increases effective compression when in boost which increases both fuel efficiency and power. Most modern cars use a wideband and do stay at or very close to stoich under boost.

Turbo engines don't run hotter than their NA counterparts. Oil temps have the potential to climb since the power density is much greater but when most people say a turbo engine runs hotter, it's just the underhood heat they're referring to.

In a truck that may run under boost on flat land, steady state driving, the turbo will make it slightly more efficient. I understand your points though and for the typical gas engine that moves the car around just fine without boost, the turbo is just there for extra power
    I find it unproductive to argue with Jayem because Jayem will not even listen to your case, rear your references or do any research himself.

mtbr rememberer
    pickups FTW!

mtbr member
    Man I am gonna go wash my pickup.... This thread makes me happy!

mtbr member
    Man I am gonna go wash my pickup.... This thread makes me happy!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I love my Titan, hauls the bikes(mx and MTB) just fine.

Nice truck Hokie.

183 BRO's before hoes.
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wkumtrider
    I am still driving my 2000 Dodge Dakota I bought new in 1999. Now has 172,000 miles, runs like new, but not good mileage. Wish someone made a small truck with a 4 cylinder diesel that got 30+ mpg. I'd be all over that.
    Someone does. Mahindra.

2.2l turbo diesel making 145hp and 300 ft/lb torque.
    30-35 mpg
    7'5'' bed
    1.3 ton capacity

MSRP of ~22,000

Code Burr
    Quote Originally Posted by akitadogg

WTF, GED or ESL....? Dude did you even make it out of middle school before giving up? Please tell me you dont live in Texas.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Yah! your so RIGHT!, and yah I live in northern mn, right by the BWCA. I seen about 20 ducks on the lake 3 days a go. I have been living here for four years now and I haven't been deer huntingYET but I am going to go next year.
    Last edited by dinomacs99; 12-15-2009 at 11:20 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0