Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Truck bed rack help

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Enduroblood 
#1 ·
I need ideas on a way to carry 3-4 bikes in a truck bed other than just throwing them in there on top of eachother that will still leave room for camping gear and biking gear. I do not have a towing hitch and I do not want to drill anything onto my truck. Most of the time, I will only be carrying one or two bikes but sometimes I carry up to 4. Oh, I have a 2005 Ford F150, regular cab with an under the rail bedliner. What do you suggest?
Thanks,
G

#3 ·
Saris Hydraulic Rack

I have a Saris rack that is either hydraulically or pneumatically operated. It can handle 4 bikes easily. I also have a new style F150 and this system has worked for me. Basically, you place the rack inside the bed in a side to side configuration and pump a crank. This allows the ends to expand and hold the rack tight against the side of the bed.

With this system, you have to remove the front wheels.

BTW - It is for sale. I have not had the time to list it on e-bay. Do a look-up on google and you should be able to see what it looks like.

#4 ·
Well Gdpolk first of all ,you need to drill holes on truck just to keep your bikes secured and stable ,now , I have a friand that got two bike racks at the home depot for $24 each and secured the two together to the truck , they look really good and he's able to carry 4 bikes without scratching each other , I have a tool box on my truck ,so i had to be more creative then my friend , butt now I am able to carry three bikes and all my gear under the bikes, heres a picture of my truck. post pictures of yours when you getter done

Attachments

#5 ·
You should have the slots on the sidewalls of the bed that can be used to slide a 2X4 or 4X4 in. Buy a few fork mounts and mount them to the wood at a 45 degree angle or so. This way you can fit 4 bikes with no problem side by side in the bed without the bars getting in the way of each other, and remove the set up when not in use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.