Trailer Hitch Price- Mtbr.com
    Gnar

Trailer Hitch Price

I want to get a bike rack for my car. I am thinking about the Thule T2. I donít have a trailer hitch. I am looking for the cost of the hitch and install. Doesnít have to be exact, just want an idea.

Thanks!

contains quinine
    I just bought a hitch from Etrailer and did the install myself. Total cost on that was $150.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Daddy of 3 now!

ditto $150.. do it yourself

If you have a socket wrench and someone to give you a hand(not really needed) it's not that hard to install yourself. That being said if your car has existing holes to thread the hitch to.
    Any drilling I would go to the pros.

Aquaman
    I would do a little research and then low ball on craigslist.

thecentralscrutinizer
    For more common vehicles, you can find hitches from $100-200. Typically the installation isn't bad. I've had good luck with Hidden Hitches and Draw-Tite.
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Scott Scale 710
    2019 Giant Anthem Advanced 1 29

Gnar
    Thanks for your help. I found this one from Draw Tite. "Uses all existing holes No Drilling required." Looks like it can be had for around $150.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    If you want it installed professionally buy it and install it from the same place and you'll get a break on the labor - I got a draw tite hitch installed on my GLI for $200 all in. It took the installers a little over an hour as apparently they had to mess with the exhaust on my car. Not sure what class hitch you are installing but for class I with a 200 lb tongue weight use only bike racks for 2 bikes IMO. If you can get a class II you can be much more choosy. Saris thelma is good for class I hitches as it's so light but isn't good for 29ers.

beautiful jackass
    I got one put on by U-Haul two days ago and it was about $135.00. They didn't charge me labor though because U-Haul sucks and they had to re-schedule my appointment by three hours.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    You didn't say what type car, but I researched mine on etrailer.com, ultimately bought local. Nice thing about the web sites, they will grade the level of difficulty for the install. Mine was no drill, 15 minutes. Did it myself, but a second person to assist holding up would have been nice.

Delayed the electrical as not needed for bikes. Since hade the electrical installed by UHaul.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    For my Civic a hitch from my local dealer was going to be $170 installed. Got the same hitch from Etrailer for $80, same place that gave me the quote installed it for $35. I saved $55.

Members who have read this thread: 0