thule t2/raxter/1up- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

thule t2/raxter/1up

I have some questions;

1. Does the Thule T2 rack allow for adjustment of the bikes so there is no handlebar/seat conflict?

2. I saw the "raxter" rack reviewed here and on their website, looks good but I'm not sure about velcro straps, does anyone have experience with this?

3. Does anyone know what happened to the "1up usa ultra bike rack"?

4. Anyone have experience with U-haul "saferack", looks good (like the old 1up usa rack)?

5. Other suggestions/comments (saris cycle on or yakima hookup).

Any info is appreciated, thanks.

mtbr member
    I have a T2 and with one of my friend's bikes I have to drop my seat to get it to fit. There is no adjustment on the rack itself, but it's easy to drop or raise a seat. The T2 is the best rack I've ever had. It's heavy, but solid, and flips up and down easy. The only other rack I seriously considered is the Saris Thelma. The four bike capability of the T2 was the decision driver. Good luck.

it tied the room together
    Quote Originally Posted by troutbike
    I have a T2 and with one of my friend's bikes I have to drop my seat to get it to fit. There is no adjustment on the rack itself, but it's easy to drop or raise a seat. The T2 is the best rack I've ever had. It's heavy, but solid, and flips up and down easy. The only other rack I seriously considered is the Saris Thelma. The four bike capability of the T2 was the decision driver. Good luck.
    Actually, there is an adjustment. You can move each tray + or - two inches or so in either direction. Use the guides on the rack. Loosen the four screws on each tray and move one of them to the right and the other to the left. Adjust to fit your needs and tighten back up:

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

mtbr member
    North Shore Rack......see my thread a few lines down now. Solves all your problems and is cheaper than a T2!

Cheers

Buzz

Members who have read this thread: 0