Thule T2 Lever Lock Issue- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Thule T2 Lever Lock Issue

So my coworker and I both own a T2 rack. Both racks less than 1 year old and both have the same issue. The release lever on the front wheel clamps no longer pop back out. Almost as if the spring is broken or something is jammed. You can pull them out by hand and the latch works, but that's not very confidence inspiring when you're loading up 5-7k$ worth of mountain bikes!

Anyone else deal with this before?
    In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

mtbr member
    Do you leave the rack on all of the time? If I leave mine on for an extended period or drive in a lot of rain it gets dirty in there and can cause the lever to move less freely. Just popped the two on my base unit apart today actually and cleaned them both up. Good as new.

They're super easy to pop apart and clean. Maybe some graphite lube or something that doesn't attract grime in there to keep things moving freely.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by evenslower View Post
    Do you leave the rack on all of the time? If I leave mine on for an extended period or drive in a lot of rain it gets dirty in there and can cause the lever to move less freely. Just popped the two on my base unit apart today actually and cleaned them both up. Good as new.

They're super easy to pop apart and clean. Maybe some graphite lube or something that doesn't attract grime in there to keep things moving freely.
    I do. I wondered if it might be corrosion or grit in there. I'll pop it apart tomorrow and clean it out.

Thanks!
    In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.