Thule T2 fork rubbing - how did you solve it?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Thule T2 fork rubbing - how did you solve it?

So I just picked up a Thule T2 tray tow rack for my car, and from mounting my bike up (mojo HD) I've seem rubbing in the fork (in the arm that mounts between the fork crown and the tire.

I know this has come up with others before, what mods have people done to prevent this? I know putting some sort of tape on my fork will work but I wanted to see what the best / inventive ideas other people were doing.

Thanks in advance!

ballbuster

You're not going to like it....

Quote Originally Posted by darnelli View Post
    So I just picked up a Thule T2 tray tow rack for my car, and from mounting my bike up (mojo HD) I've seem rubbing in the fork (in the arm that mounts between the fork crown and the tire.

I know this has come up with others before, what mods have people done to prevent this? I know putting some sort of tape on my fork will work but I wanted to see what the best / inventive ideas other people were doing.

Thanks in advance!
    ... but I got rid of my T2 and got a 1Up!

Yeah, after it tore the boot on my Lefty, it had to go.

I guess you can just hook the tire alone without touching the fork. Your bike safety is up to you, tho.

All fat, all the time.
    Yah, you can clamp it down about an inch more forward so it doesn't rub the fork, but I think the way they design it, they assume it will touch the fork.

One thought would be to add your own foam material in place of the stuff Thule uses, so it doesn't rub as badly. I was hoping they had better foam on there as I have a couple sidearm's on the way, my buddies old T2/sportwork will rub if it touches...kind of annoying.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    hmm...adding extra foam will eventually scratch too if the fork is dirty?

All fat, all the time.
    I dunno..buddy has a rack, sorry forget the brand, but it has a really soft foam on the hook that grabs the frame. No rubbing even on long road trips.

Members who have read this thread: 5