Thule sidearm on a Cooper OEM rack- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Thule sidearm on a Cooper OEM rack

I just installed an OEM roof rack on my mini cooper. Now I come to find out that the cross bars are too thick to fit my Thule Sidearms. Has anybody ever fit a pair of sidearms on a cooper roof rack before? If not I guess I will sell the sidearms and get the touring cycle holder from mini.

code: mtbr2011
    use the thule xadapt9 to make it work...
    provided that the oem roof rack has that channel running across the top....it's essentially the same bar as the thule aero bar.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I have the Thule ARB47 blades on my 2005 Mini Cooper and am trying to use the Thule 594XT Sidearm, do I need to get the kit you mentioned above in order for it to fit properly? Thanks.

code: mtbr2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jzbastin View Post
    I have the Thule ARB47 blades on my 2005 Mini Cooper and am trying to use the Thule 594XT Sidearm, do I need to get the kit you mentioned above in order for it to fit properly? Thanks.
    your 594xt should work fine on the arb crossbars without the need for an additional kit.
    the 594xt includes a set of longer bolts too if the shorter ones won't wrap, but you will be fine.

mtbr member
    The sidearm fits. Thule sidearm on a Cooper OEM rack-uploadfromtaptalk1329345675433.jpg

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    "Never let the facts get in the way of a good story."
    Mark Twain?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I was able to get the Sidearm installed on the ARB47 blades. Thanks everyone for the help.

they took the bar
    I suffer through it, and just put my FS inside my 2006 MCS. have to put the front passenger seat down, pull the bike seat and remove the front wheel. But I'm able to get the bike in there.

but maybe one day I'll get the nerve to add something like this on my Mini. Doesn't look to bad.

-Jav

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Rack for Mini

I use the Sea Sucker Talon on my Mini. The vacuum pumps work flawless. Bike does not move one bit on the car. Takes about 3 minutes to put the rack on and 30 seconds to remove once at the trail head. The only thing I don't like are the cup covers when the rack is not in use. I now use a new backpack instead of cup covers. I do think the rack may be a bit over priced. But when you factor total cost and convience the Talon is a good solution and you get to keep the clean smooth lines of the Mini when your not cycling.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thule sidearm on a Cooper OEM rack-sea-sucker-photo.jpg  

they took the bar
    Quote Originally Posted by BerlintheDog View Post
    I use the Sea Sucker Talon on my Mini. The vacuum pumps work flawless. Bike does not move one bit on the car. Takes about 3 minutes to put the rack on and 30 seconds to remove once at the trail head. The only thing I don't like are the cup covers when the rack is not in use. I now use a new backpack instead of cup covers. I do think the rack may be a bit over priced. But when you factor total cost and convience the Talon is a good solution and you get to keep the clean smooth lines of the Mini when your not cycling.
    Hey now. that is cool! (and you were reading my mind about the clean lines).

Nice! thanks.

-Jav

Members who have read this thread: 0