Thule Sidearm- Mtbr.com

Thread: Thule Sidearm

mtbr member

Thule Sidearm

Quick question for anyone with the sidearm. Just bought one used, supposedly just over a year old. Is it me or is the thing older than I thought; when moving the arm up and towards the front of the car before I set my bike on the tray - it seems overly difficult to move the arm. Now, I have an Impreza but I'm also only 5' 6" but just wondering if there is a little bit of resistance for other people or if it's supposed to move really easily.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    What you are experiencing is pretty normal. I too am vertically challenged and have to work at it a bit to "flip it over" before rolling the bike into position.

mtbr member
    awesome - thanks a lot. I wasn't sure if it just hadn't been "used" that much and was kind of seizing up or if it was designed to do that.

code: mtbr2011
    if moving the arm up and down is difficult, try loosening the 2 bolts (5mm) at the base of the pivot arm. just a half a turn each...don't worry, they have loctite on them and they won't come out or affect the integrity of the rack. it will make your life alot easier.

Members who have read this thread: 0