cracksandracks.com
    Thule Hitch Racks - Closeout Prices
  • 03-10-2010
    cracksandracks.com
  • 03-10-2010
    cracksandracks.com
  • 03-10-2010
    pop_martian
    Doesn't this violate the terms of use for mtbr?
  • 03-11-2010
    cracksandracks.com
    it's not meant to stir the pot...it's just meant to help a group of enthusiasts pickup a good, brand new rack at a significant savings. there's new stuff coming out, and i've made it known in previous posts that this stuff would be coming out this month.

it's not as though i am just trolling this board one-time.
  • 03-23-2010
    Caseten
    What's the difference between the old model and the XT models?
  • 03-23-2010
    cracksandracks.com
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Caseten
    What's the difference between the old model and the XT models?

the new XT models have anti-sway buit into the cradles, where on the old models, you could purchase the no sway cages separately.

the cradles themselves have changed a little too.
  • 03-23-2010
    Caseten
    How much are new no sway cages, if you have the older model?
  • 03-23-2010
    cracksandracks.com
    the no sway cages will work only on the older 914

http://www.cracksandracks.com/thule-...age-p-636.html
  • 03-25-2010
    Straz85
    Edit: Nevermind, I was looking at a different rack.
  • 03-25-2010
    cracksandracks.com
    that is deceiving.
    all of the racks have a nut that is welded/fabricated into the base of the rack. instead of using a standard 5/8" hitch pin, they use a bolt that screws through the hole in the hitch and into the bike rack itself.
    this keeps the bike rack from teetering around inside the hitch, which could ultimately cause metal fatigue and catastrophic failure....

so the STL, is actually a lock that attaches to the bolt that comes through the hitch, through the bike rack and out the other side. this would prevent someone from unsscrewing the bolt and removing the rack.

The no-sway cages are attached to the cradles and essentially add a 3rd point of contact for the bikes, so that they dont swing around into each other.
    for mountain bikes, they can get in the way, esp. with full suspension geometry, or smaller frames.

the thule 954 ridgeline is like a 914 roadway on steroids....it includes the no-sway cages, and the stl2 lock, and also has a built-in cable that locks the bikes to the rack.
  • 03-27-2010
    louisssss
    any discounts on the Thule Tray-style racks for hitches?
  • 03-29-2010
    cracksandracks.com
    Quote:

Originally Posted by louisssss
    any discounts on the Thule Tray-style racks for hitches?

i have 1 x thule 990 doubletrack....not the 990xt, which has locks included.

otherwise, we're shipping/installing only 916xt models and 990xt models from here on out.

if interested, use
    "louisssss" at checkout and pick it up for $239.95....shipped....(+20% disc't)